It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OVERRUN: Germany steps up border checks as 1 million refugees now expected

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

As i said on another thread... why should the british tax-payer fund these families who have 6 to 8 kids and live in another part of the World?

No one has answered that question

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I will answer!

The UK policy has said that it will take people at most need from the camps - rather than just allowing anyone in. Also, taking family groups means that you don't get into a silly situation whereby you take one person, who later invites his family over, thus making matters worse. Children may also be easier to integrate into society as they will be able to be schooled and don't carry all the baggage that adults do.

One problem that Germany may not publishing is that of the hundreds of thousands of young men they are to take on, how many - in a year - will be bringing their families over? Therefore, the actual numbers will be significantly greater.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

That is a material thing. What is a roof? Do you have to own it? There are plenty of options. Build a shack. Freedom.

Yes it is something material ... and in the west it is called 'social housing'

and it seems to be very attractive to those who don't have it in their own

countries and who wish to improve their living standards in another country.

#You don't have the *freedom* to eat unless you can afford the ingredients.

Okay, you want to define "freedom" via monetary status. That is not freedom, that is level_of_wealth. I don't think that freedom is equivalent to amount_of_money.

I don't personally know of anyone who can or has eaten anything unless

they have either bought it, been given it, or stolen

it. I am not rich ... I live reasonably on what I have worked for.

Do you breath? Well, that is freedom for you, it seems. Because everyone can afford that. To me, that is not even the most basic level of freedom.

Yes I breathe ... That's called LIVING not FREEDOM

Yeah, of course you can build a wall around your own property. Is your home-country your property?

The 'country' belongs to all who work in and pay taxes in that particular country.

What kind of sense of personal responsibility are you refering to? Because I think that it is my responsibility to not refuse refugees or people seeking help.

Having only as many children as you can afford to feed, clothe, educate and

house. And looking out for the elderly in your family.

How many of these immigrants/refugees are you taking in and

feeding and meeting the needs of???

Didn't Jesus tell something about that in the bible?

*The Bible* ... fact or fiction!?

I don't think too many of those refugees/immigrants from the ME believe

in the *Bible*

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

That is a material thing. What is a roof? Do you have to own it? There are plenty of options. Build a shack. Freedom.

Yes it is something material ... and in the west it is called 'social housing'

and it seems to be very attractive to those who don't have it in their own

countries and who wish to improve their living standards in another country.

You wrote about owning a house. Or being able to afford it. That is not the same as "social housing". And it still doesn't have anything to do with freedom or levels_of_freedom. Anyone CAN buy or build or rent a house, it may be a palace or a shack.

#You don't have the *freedom* to eat unless you can afford the ingredients.

Okay, you want to define "freedom" via monetary status. That is not freedom, that is level_of_wealth. I don't think that freedom is equivalent to amount_of_money.

I don't personally know of anyone who can or has eaten anything unless

they have either bought it, been given it, or stolen

it. I am not rich ... I live reasonably on what I have worked for.

So what is freedom? I don't think that having something to eat is a poperty of freedom. It becomes a priority, if it is not present, but you get something to eat in jail and that doesn't have very much to do with freedom.

Do you breath? Well, that is freedom for you, it seems. Because everyone can afford that. To me, that is not even the most basic level of freedom.

Yes I breathe ... That's called LIVING not FREEDOM

So, some basics are for living and not for freedom? Thought so.

Yeah, of course you can build a wall around your own property. Is your home-country your property?

The 'country' belongs to all who work in and pay taxes in that particular country.

And why should this priviledge only be open to those whose ancestors lived there for hundreds or thousands of years?
What does this say about freedom, anyway?

What kind of sense of personal responsibility are you refering to? Because I think that it is my responsibility to not refuse refugees or people seeking help.

Having only as many children as you can afford to feed, clothe, educate and

house. And looking out for the elderly in your family.

How many of these immigrants/refugees are you taking in and

feeding and meeting the needs of???

Yeah, well. Did you see the reports about the volunteer aides in Germany?
Taking in - it is not allowed to provide private shelter to refugees unless they are approved asylants.
Later, it is allowed, and the people willing to do so are provided with priority services from their local agencies.

Didn't Jesus tell something about that in the bible?

*The Bible* ... fact or fiction!?

I don't think too many of those refugees/immigrants from the ME believe

in the *Bible*

And, what about you? Something in that old book about this situation and what good people should do about it? I am quite sure, although I never read it thoroughly and don't think that I need it to see what needs to be done.

The refugees are coming, and they don't care about us liking it or not.
We just have to do what seems best in humanity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join