It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OVERRUN: Germany steps up border checks as 1 million refugees now expected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: johnwick

That's not fair

You Yanks destroyed the Middle East along with us Brits so we should both share the burden of the refugees and take them from the Germans.

But when did the Brits have a hand in destroying the regimes of central/south America? I suppose we spawned you lot in the USA, our big babby, so you may have a point. Screw it we'll take them too

Lol, well if you get to claim responsibility for destroying south and Central America by creating us, well then I think it only fair the Italy be responsible for Rome, and helping to shape brittainia, and Greece take responsibility for creating Rome, and that the Persians take responsibility for creating Alexander the Great!!!

It is all Iran's fault, they get to take everyone's immigrants!!!

Lol

Bugger.................... You got it right..................... and John McCain..........................it's all Iran's fault.

Let's bomb 'em

Omfg!!

Can't believe I agreed with McCain on anything....

Time for some wine to drown my sorrows

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Compassion within the mind can be boundless, if a detriment to one's own being. Compassion through limited resources is a very dangerous gamble where the feeding hand can not only be bitten in return, but devoured.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: johnwick

a reply to: johnwick

Last year was the first time that the Mass Bier (about 1 litre of beer) did cost more than 10 EUR in the tents of the Oktoberfest..

Holy #!!!

That is rape!!!

I get $1 pitchers every Thursday at the local bar.

I would never pay that, I would just get a pony veg, and carry it around in a backpack.

Yes, it is expensive.
But you.. you didn't get *beer*, you got a watery version of a yellowish liquid which source I don't want to speculate about.

Lol, it is Budweiser " the king of beers"... If you believe American corporate propaganda

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You said it. This is a lesson that unfortunately the Americans will need to learn as well. I just feel bad. I know most Americans will not feel bad at all but I surely do because I know my country has had the biggest hand in destroying these refugees home countries.

Or you know, these people could do something about it like every other western country (where they want to go in the first place) over the centuries.

Personal responsibility.... Stop it, that makes no sense at all!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The people who did that are all dead.

Think before writing.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
When will the majority of you realise that the majority of these people ARE NOT REFUGEES. They are economic migrants. The are only using the cover story of being a refugee. Yes, yes there are some true refugees but they are very thin on the ground.
Oh, you can agree that in their situation you'd do the same but that does not make it right. They are flooding countries that are barely coping with their own people and WILL drag that country down.
As for Germany claiming they want them to bolster their birth rate that was and is a problem of their own making. It's the same in the UK British nationals birth rate has fallen from approx 2.4 children per couple to 1.8 children. Why? Because the oh so benevolent governments said we were breeding too many children and lambasted anyone who were and are having large families.
That's British people only (ie if you have a large family you are automatically a scrounging family) but not migrant families.
Is that racist? It might be but it's utterly the truth.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If I posted my solution to this issue Id likely be banned and maybe arrested. Pox to Merkel, the bleeding hearts, and the illegal cowards. I await Schadenfreude.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Thanks for the Reddit link. Just finished most of it. Nice to have the perspective from such a bright young man.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeymike66
If I posted my solution to this issue Id likely be banned and maybe arrested. Pox to Merkel, the bleeding hearts, and the illegal cowards. I await Schadenfreude.

Lol mike, I bet my solution is close to yours, and is is a very permanent solution, like for say thousands of years it won't be a problem.....

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And, as some seem to have forgotten about it: it is about the freedom. The freedom to find a more peaceful place. The freedom to travel and move and immigrate.

*FREEDOM* is a state of mind!!

#You don't have the *freedom* to go to a concert > if you cant afford the

ticket.

#You don't have the *freedom* to travel anywhere > unless you have the fare

or can walk it.

#You don't have the *freedom* of a roof over your head of anykind > unless

you can afford the rent.

#You don't have the *freedom* to eat unless you can afford the ingredients.

#You don't have the *freedom* to have anything that another has unless you

can afford to buy it ... or steal it off them.

I like it more to live in a place without fences, even if that means that more neighbors come visiting and staying.

I like it that I have afforded it to have a 6ft fence around the back

garden of my property. Where I am FREE to walk around naked IF I

want to... To keep people out unless I want the company ... to keep other

peoples cats and dogs out and mine in.

That is FREEDOM and I earned it no one gave it to me.

No one seems to have a sense of personal responsibility any more
edit on 14-9-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Still sounds better than trafficking..

Really, what are you complaining about? You still have the right and the freedom to apply for a visa.

It is too bad that the country you would like to emmigrate to doesn't accept all people trying to.

you know...there was a war in my country 20 years ago. There were migrations...but mostly local...meaning...within a country. If we all migrated to Germany because there was a war...my country wouldn't exist today.

Merkel has an agenda...and it's not about helping poor war stricken people. It's about getting cheap labor among other things. But as I said already...it will bite them in the a**.

Clash of cultures on a micro level is inevitable...and it will spread.

I think that roughly 80 % of those people that are the gates are:

1. not Syrian
2. not looking for decent work
3. are looking to live of the state
4. going to create immigrant getos which will in turn create a new generation of extremists...that will then be well entrenched in the EU.

Happy times ahead...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I posted this on one other Threaed but it seems that threaed has died as nobody replied but I wanted to see what anyone thought:

I'm sorry but why should we take in all these Refugee's?

Most couples as far as i can see have between 5 and 8 kids in tow... why should a hard-working person be funding them to have all these kids?

They should stop having so many than i and others may be more sympathetic.

Also, where is all this money going which is apparently supposed to be helping these 'Refugee's' where they are?

Something tells me it's not being spent on what it was meant for.. and again why should people who live far away and nothing to do with this war be asked to pay for all these kids that they keep having??

I saw cameron on skynews talking with one family which is coming to the UK... they have 8 kids! Why should the taxpayer have to pay for that huge family??

People here will not be happy with that.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If you want to stop people making the dangerous trip to Europe why not increase funds to refugee camps in the region of the conflict? I think a lot of these people are migrants rather than refugees given the 80% male demographics but the danger they are putting themselves into and disruption they are causing is not something you want to encourage in my view.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AndrewSmith

increase funds?

Do you know how much the UK are giving already? It's a couple of billion they've ploughed into this and i reckon its not even going where its supposed to go, just like every other 'charity' donations!

Its probably being taken by the Lebanese & Syrian governents to fund terror groups!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well.. Where should the refugees go to instead? Should they return to where they came from, under dire circumstances and many days/weeks of dangerous travels by various means?

They decided to leave their homecountry.

It must be a dire situation to come to this conclusion.

They even decided to leave refugee-camps in the surrounding countries around their home-country. Most propably because they didn't see a future with them returning to their homes.

This is not a game. These people have the very strong intention to leave their homes and go to a better place (or so they deem).

Why should we make it a worse place especially for them?

It is a human thing, humanity. We ourselves decide how we treat other humans. If you decide to not want them near your home, that is your decision. No, it is not. Because politicians will decide. But we can decide with our votes about the decisions of our politicians.

Right now, I think we do the right thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

And, as some seem to have forgotten about it: it is about the freedom. The freedom to find a more peaceful place. The freedom to travel and move and immigrate.

*FREEDOM* is a state of mind!!

#You don't have the *freedom* to go to a concert > if you cant afford the

ticket.

You can go to the concert. You might not be coming inside. But you can go. You can even ask anyone to let you into that concert and they are free to choose if or if not. Freedom.

#You don't have the *freedom* to travel anywhere > unless you have the fare

or can walk it.

Where are you living? No person, no governmental organization or anything else in MY country can hinder me from going where I want to. Anything else is just a matter of money. Or you could walk there, then it is a matter of time. Freedom.

#You don't have the *freedom* of a roof over your head of anykind > unless

you can afford the rent.

That is a material thing. What is a roof? Do you have to own it? There are plenty of options. Build a shack. Freedom.

#You don't have the *freedom* to eat unless you can afford the ingredients.

Okay, you want to define "freedom" via monetary status. That is not freedom, that is level_of_wealth. I don't think that freedom is equivalent to amount_of_money.

#You don't have the *freedom* to have anything that another has unless you

can afford to buy it ... or steal it off them.

Do you breath? Well, that is freedom for you, it seems. Because everyone can afford that. To me, that is not even the most basic level of freedom.
Freedom is the possibility to do things, not to afford things. Otherwise, the richest person in the world would be the most free?
That is so wrong, on so many levels, that I begin to wonder about capitalism and the brainwashing-effects it has on some people. Sorry.

I like it more to live in a place without fences, even if that means that more neighbors come visiting and staying.

I like it that I have afforded it to have a 6ft fence around the back

garden of my property. Where I am FREE to walk around naked IF I

want to... To keep people out unless I want the company ... to keep other

peoples cats and dogs out and mine in.

That is FREEDOM and I earned it no one gave it to me.

No one seems to have a sense of personal responsibility any more

Yeah, of course you can build a wall around your own property. Is your home-country your property?
What kind of sense of personal responsibility are you refering to? Because I think that it is my responsibility to not refuse refugees or people seeking help.
Didn't Jesus tell something about that in the bible?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Doesn't China have several cities that are completely uninhabited? Eventually they had planned to use them but as of right now, nada. I gotta say the timing is perfect. Send the immigrants there.

STM

www.forbes.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

China is busy persecuting Muslims, so doubt they want any more.

www.hrw.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yeah, not a lot of Muslim terrorism thriving in China. Why is that? Right now the immigrants need homes and jobs, it would all happen much easier in a place that already has infrastructure in place and as they tend not to integrate into their host countries' societies lone cities would be perfect for their needs.

STM

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: paraphi

Yeah, not a lot of Muslim terrorism thriving in China. Why is that?

Well, as the Chinese authorities control the media and everything is censored we do not know for certain. However, reports of certain minority groups reacting to repression do sometimes escape e.g. Uyghur terrorism... In China, the absence of news being reported does not mean things are not happening. China's large army I good at internal repression.

People think China is a lovely place. It's not, especially if you are a minority. Ask a Tibetan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join