It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OVERRUN: Germany steps up border checks as 1 million refugees now expected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I am wondering just how long this can go on before the breaking point for many in the EU. Seems Germany feels they have bitten off more than they can handle. They have now stepped up border patrols in order to combat this wave of "refugees" flooding in. This seems like it would be the equivalent if Texas and California suddenly said they would take immigrants from Mexico...I can imagine the surge would be in the millions as well.

Germany's vice chancellor said Monday that the country expected to take in 1 million refugees from the Middle East, Africa, and Asia this year, a day after Berlin introduced document checks along its border with Austria and temporarily halted trains between the two countries in a bid to limit the influx.

Source

Meanwhile, Austrian Chancellor Werner Faymann said Monday that he would deploy the country's military to the border with Hungary to help police dealing with the refugee surge if needed. Faymann said the army would currently focus on providing humanitarian help inside Austria, but added that soldiers will be deployed to help at the borders if required.

So they are already gearing up for a military deployment to counter/help with the amount of people coming in.

However, Sunday's actions appear to show that even Germany is at risk of being overwhelmed by the sheer numbers trying to enter the country. On Saturday, 13,000 people crossed into Germany from Austria, and another 3,000 crossed the border Sunday morning before the border checks were implemented.

And traffickers are already taking full advantage of the refugees....

Overnight Sunday, Sky News reported that German border police seized 18 cars from eight different countries at the border crossing near the Bavarian town of Passau. Thirty suspected people traffickers were detained and 60 refugees taken to a nearby holding center.

Hopefully they can figure it out peacefully......
edit on Mon Sep 14 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: "M" to million....changed also in source

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I cant see it ending peacefully unfortunately. Denying someone what they think is their right will always end in tears. It's a shame cos if I was in their shoes I can't see me doing anything different. Safety in numbers as they say.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
See, there is a problem for Munich, where most refugees in the last 14 days arrived at in the first place:

The Oktoberfest.

Can you imagine what might happen if hundreds of thousands of drunken tourists are in a close enounter with refugees at Munich central rail station?

I understand Munichs mayor that he calls for help from higher up in the politician ranks.
And Seehofer, as Bavarias prime minister, just passed that call up to Merkel.
Who delegated it back to Germanys Minister of the Interior de Maizière, who decided to postpone Schengen.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
See, there is a problem for Munich, where most refugees in the last 14 days arrived at in the first place:

The Oktoberfest.

Can you imagine what might happen if hundreds of thousands of drunken tourists are in a close enounter with refugees at Munich central rail station?

I understand Munichs mayor that he calls for help from higher up in the politician ranks.
Who delegated it back to Germanys Minister of the Interior de Maizière, who decided to postpone Schengen.

Didn't think about Oktoberfest....that will be a mess. Hope the police force is ready for it there. With that many people flooding in, there will definitely be some issues.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Overnight Sunday, Sky News reported that German border police seized 18 cars from eight different countries at the border crossing near the Bavarian town of Passau. Thirty suspected people traffickers were detained and 60 refugees taken to a nearby holding center.

More than two thousand traffickers were detained in the last two months..

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately, Angela Merkel (the German Chancellor) has been very naïve by publically stating that Germany would accommodate 800,000 migrants. In so doing, she has ensured that Europe would be the target of anyone and everyone. The message is that if you make it into Europe, then you'll be fine.

I know that Cameron (the UK Prime Minister) gets flak on ATS, but he has pitched it right. Don't encourage migrants to come, but take the vulnerable direct from the camps. In this way you deal with "need" and prevent the foolish and dangerous crossings to get into Europe. Keep the refugees sited in situ and work with the UN to ensure the camps are well resourced and funded.

This whole situation is now out of control.. This will be Merkel's Waterloo and will leave an unmanageable legacy for Germany who will struggle to accommodate so many migrants, from such a different culture. I give it three months before the first "temporary camp" in Germany is torched by rioters. In fact, with Europe's "open borders" it'll be a problematic legacy for Europe.

Nice one Merkel.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Mass migrations are perfect cover for a wide variety of criminal enterprises. Smuggling, human trafficking, drugs, weapons etc.

All of this is much easier to accomplish when 50% plus of the authorities are busy dealing with people fleeing their homelands.

Europe is going to remember really quickly why it should not have gotten involved in destroying other people's countries, cause then those people move to the nicer countries...which just happen to be yours.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Schengen and the duty on registration in the first European country you set your foot on, that was a major problem, because it put the burden to deal with refugees not only now but in the foreseeable future.

And as soon as Greece and Italy were overflown with refugees, they threw in the towel and tried to move the refugees out of their countries.

Which busted the intention of Schengen, which was flawed from the beginning on this matter in my opinion.

Sure, money could have made the situation in Lebanon and the whole of middle east far better(edit), but lets look at it from the view of a politican (in the past, before this whole deal of mass immigration/refugees):

- there are refugees in the middle east. Not my problem.
- I could make their lives better in the countries near their home-country, to whose they fled now.
- this will cost a lot of money (not in hindsight, but we are in the past right now).
- There is no way these people will irritate me or my voters. I will stop thinking about this for now.
edit on 14 9 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Unfortunately, Angela Merkel (the German Chancellor) has been very naïve by publically stating that Germany would accommodate 800,000 migrants. In so doing, she has ensured that Europe would be the target of anyone and everyone. The message is that if you make it into Europe, then you'll be fine.

I know that Cameron (the UK Prime Minister) gets flak on ATS, but he has pitched it right. Don't encourage migrants to come, but take the vulnerable direct from the camps. In this way you deal with "need" and prevent the foolish and dangerous crossings to get into Europe. Keep the refugees sited in situ and work with the UN to ensure the camps are well resourced and funded.

This whole situation is now out of control.. This will be Merkel's Waterloo and will leave an unmanageable legacy for Germany who will struggle to accommodate so many migrants, from such a different culture. I give it three months before the first "temporary camp" in Germany is torched by rioters. In fact, with Europe's "open borders" it'll be a problematic legacy for Europe.

Nice one Merkel.

We will see if your pessimistic view will become reality.

Personally, I think that some refugees are not a major problem. Some politician said that the integration might cost as much as 1.200.000.000 EUR, therefore I guess we can estimate the real costs to 12.000.000.000 EUR. Which is feasible. At least for Germany, as Germany had an economical surpluss of 21.000.000.000 EUR in the first two quarters of 2015.(Source, German language only, sorry.

Therefore: keep calm. Up to now, we have it under control. Just need a little break, esp. for Oktoberfest, I guess. Borders won't remain closed in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Merkel is a stupid idiot IMO. If you say our borders are open let everyone in of course they will come and it will encourage more to come now they are swamped and have to take control which is what should've been done in the first place. That lasted about a week.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I hope our President at least has enough sense and leadership we sit this one out across the pond . Right now it doesnt look good for the EU or Europe as a whole..If all the world leaders would forget about bowing to their constituents and look out for the country and the population together, be a better world...
And of course add my devil

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The Oktoberfest.

I think the Oktoberfest wont have that much tourists this year, just because of the situation with the refugees.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

well...they have no one to blame but themselves. Since this thing started..Merkel has been all to loud about welcoming...errrr..."refugees", or is it migrants.

I have been saying this for over a month...it will bite them in the a**.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's cashback for the Holocaust

They murdered the European Jews, not they get Asia's Muslims as replacement
By murdering a couple of hundred thousand Jews in their state they will now be "overrun" as you put in by millions and millions of Islamics from another continent. Should have their small ancient Jewish minority alone. Cashback

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

We will see.

At least, we should define "bite in the a**", or otherwise we might never come to the conclusion of who was right, right?

And, as some seem to have forgotten about it: it is about the freedom. The freedom to find a more peaceful place. The freedom to travel and move and immigrate.

I like it more to live in a place without fences, even if that means that more neighbors come visiting and staying.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Meh, I never murdered a single jew. Or a married one, either.
Yes, I am not taking your posting serious. But you didn't, either.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I am curious, too. Never visited the Oktoberfest myself, far too many tourists and far too high prices for beer! Savages!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Hellas

I am curious, too. Never visited the Oktoberfest myself, far too many tourists and far too high prices for beer! Savages!

And don't forget the second class celebs

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I hope our President at least has enough sense and leadership...

LOL

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I won't go to Munich, but all the small town oktoberfests oh yea I'm there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join