It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbott is out!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Loving twitter...

#auspol
Joe Hockey has counted and believes Tony Abbott will win with 106 of the 99 votes.

#libspill
soon Australia will be able to swipe right for a leader

#libspill
delay as party desperately looking for someone who can count to 100
edit on am647308142015-09-14T06:47:26-05:00062015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The votes in..

ABBOTT'S OUT! HE'S GONE!!

Time for a drink!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I can't believe it. Happened so fast yesterday the usual BS yes Abort has the full support of the party next day he's blown up.
That is now 3 prime ministers blown up in a row without even serving one term kind of depressing. No Abbott fan but you'd think they'd keep him until the next election then dump him. And Turdbull was already lib leader in opposition they blew him up now he's back, gets confusing lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Just pass a law that any volume seller car midel (say over 5,000 units per year) has to assemble here in OZ. The production lines could stay open and we'd save a LOT of jobs. The factories that are around now could become multiple make lines, assembling several brands in one place. It's how it was done in NZ in the 1970s

Or make Australia a REALLY forward thinking, trend setting nation by becoming the world's biggest producer of electric and hybrid vehicles, building the world's largest electric vehicle charging infrastructure / Solar road systems etc. and making use of the favourable Solar conditions found in your country?

Now Abbott's history, perhaps renewables and industry surrounding renewables will become the new hot topic in Oz?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The only problem I have with Turnbull is his gutting of the NBN, apart from that (and my dislike of the Libs as a whole) he's a MUCH better choice than Abbott ever was.

Turnbull will be the first PM who will consider a move to Kirribilli House a downgrade

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is the BEST news I could have woken up to in the US!!!! That maniac is gone.

Primeminister Voldermort and his death eaters are dead!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I actually hate Tony Abbott. Strong words I know but 'coal is good for humanity'.

Perhaps we should build more nuclear reactors...that went well for Japan and the ongoing mess for the planet.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Goodbye Tony, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

One clown down, another to go.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Build the worlds largest solar array in the desert

Right...and the power will get to the population centres how? By Wifi?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

**News flash** its called innovation, design, invention....

Naysayers like yourself are what holds us back! We are a smart people down under, put some money into R&D and figure it out!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Four PMs in the space of 5 years.

Scheming, scamming career politicians.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. I'm as happy as the next anti-abbott chap, but the state of Australian politics isn't even funny, 3 prime ministers in a row now?

The whole party has to go, not just abbott. He was the idiot leader of a bunch of other idiots who have no business running our country.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Abbott for all his faults actually stood up to the BS climate changers/warmists - we have to ensure Turnball doesn't sink us into Agenda 21/Agenda 2030/UN One World Govt nightmare that the rest of the world are flying headlong into!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SanCheck
Abbott for all his faults actually stood up to the BS climate changers/warmists - we have to ensure Turnball doesn't sink us into Agenda 21/Agenda 2030/UN One World Govt nightmare that the rest of the world are flying headlong into!

So, in my opinion, another climate change deniers out... victory for earth...

Interesting article regarding Abbott and prediction regarding Harper in Canada from Washington Post:

Tony Abbott is out of a job, and another leading climate-change skeptic may soon follow

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott was dramatically booted from office on Monday after a putsch within his ruling Liberal Party. A leadership vote led to the controversial Abbott being replaced by rival Malcolm Turnbull. The new premier will serve out the coalition government's remaining term before parliamentary elections are held next year.

Turnbull and Abbott have clashed in the past, most conspicuously on the subject of climate change. Abbott is one of the Western world's leading climate-change skeptics and has repeatedly insisted that it's not worth imposing "substantial costs" on the economy with measures aimed at curbing emissions. In 2009, Turnbull, a backbencher in Abbott's party, described Abbott's climate policies as "bullsh*t." Now, though, Turnbull is towing the party line, at least until elections.

Abbott won global notoriety for his intransigence on the matter. He was not alone, though. For years, he had a kindred spirit: Canada's Stephen Harper, another conservative prime minister from the Commonwealth.

Under Harper's watch, Canada has turned into a de facto petro-state — a transformation that reflects Ottawa's apparent lack of seriousness in enacting meaningful climate-change policy. Australia and Canada earned the lowest rank among industrialized nations in the 2014 Climate Change Performance Index, compiled by various European nongovernmental organizations.

And bit fun with him out...

Tony Abbott, ousted Australian prime minister, is being mocked with photos of raw onions

edit on 14-9-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"#auspol
Joe Hockey has counted and believes Tony Abbott will win with 106 of the 99 votes."

...and there was confidence in a treasurer of a 1st world country...He believed this, but couldn't believe the 'rumours'...cheaper stogies from now on Joe...the dollars obviously overtook the sense...

Å99

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Abbot was/is a complete and utter dick, but with Turnbull praising New Zealand Prime Sinister John "The Smiling assassin" Key, then I say to you Aussies: "look out Diggers, more trouble comes your way".

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Goodbye Tony, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

One clown down, another to go.

I knew he would go. No egg on my face just a knowing smile.
Time to start packing Margie.
Now my title isn't misleading. lol
edit on Monday05fAmerica/Chicago2015-09-14T16:05:30-05:00053005256America/Chicago by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Who eats raw onions skin and all? Hilarious, thanks for sharing.

Have a great day everyone hi ho with a smile on my face.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So you all are happy because they're kicking one corrupt politician out and will bring in another one?

Yes such a happy day.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
So you all are happy because they're kicking one corrupt politician out and will bring in another one?

Yes such a happy day.

Good point. Please bear in mind that the Liberals are still in charge, so some of the same crap will stay. Turnbull is a shrewd operator. Yes, better than Abbott, but be wary. The other one to watch is Julie Bishop. she has changed her loyalty to the stronger party member three times now. Definitely running her own agenda for her own means.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join