It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbott is out!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Maybe. But I hope not.
I really dislike Toby Abbott and everything he stands for.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
They just hoping to pass that Prime Minister pension payment around like the Labor party did.
Theyve figured out that they dont actually have to do a good job to get that pension, and the crappier they are, they can allocate it to their buddies too. The quicker they stuff up, the quicker they can pass it around.

And we dont even get to vote for it ... we just have to pay for them. I hear you need to pay good money if you want quality, but we dont seem to be getting what we paid for. Voted for two and pay for four of 'em. This is not a good deal.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MsVen

Strewth!! never thought of that angle but I've seen it. Gillard/Rudd. Cheers for the laugh.

Bally

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MsVen

Yeah, at the end of the day Abbott will get his PM pension.

And Julia who back stabbed Kev and took all the accolades for being Australias first woman PM.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lifecitizen
a reply to: Azureblue

I know it means nothing. I don't vote for either of our two parties.
How fast do you want to be able to go? lol

.......as fast a we the people agree

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

Oh baloney... no majority decision to contest yet. Still deliberating.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

Turnbull must have thought he had the numbers.

Abbott- this is not the Labor Party- lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen
At the end of the day, we are a sporting nation; Abbot Trumps.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yet another leadership spill - the libs will have to eat some more crow after all the shouting they did over labor's leadership instability (Kev/Julia). I personally consider Mr Turnbull to be the better choice but it's up to the party to decide this one isn't it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I am 100% behind leadership spills if the current leader is as hopeless and under performing as Abbott.

33% of respondents approve of the job Tony Abbott is doing as Prime Minister – a drop of 5% since the last time this question was asked in August.

​Prime Minister Tony Abbott has warned his ministerial colleagues they would have to resign from the frontbench if they were to vote in support of same-sex marriage and said he would be disappointed in any backbenchers who voted to support change.

The Prime Minister famously said last year that coal was "good for humanity" – a statement that one MP observed this week had been "imprudently delivered with a fervour that suggested he had a bible in one hand and a shovel in the other" – and ever since, he has for one reason or another appeared to tip more and more of the government's political eggs into the coal basket. It's been a nightmare for the industry because Tony Abbott has now made coal a deeply political issue.

There has been all the hate showered on other forms of energy, particularly renewables and those unsightly wind turbines, as part of some binary division of the world divided into the saintly world of coal versus climate change believers.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Well...Turnbull is only another sock puppet to choose from.
Need more sock puppets.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

he stubbornly backs Coal Mining and reduces any funding for renewable resources.

With the sheer land that Australia has, and the abundance of Sunshine that falls upon that vast expanse of land daily, that one point about showing no interest in renewables is pure, unadulterated bonkers material. He should be kicked out just for that, never mind anything else!

What a wally.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Right with you there..

Build the worlds largest solar array in the desert..

Have the local aborigine communities support and manage it (gets them out of poverty, allows them to learn some skills and they can nurture mother nature like their spirits allow)

Turnbull is for gay marriage, now I am not gay but cannot understand why one man (tony's) personal religous views mean the entire nation must sit on the sidelines while the world progresses

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

lol. I agree, never mind anything else.

Good last post Chop. I remember you, haven't seen you for ages.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Live and let live is where i'm at on Gay issues...what i think or how i choose to live my life has no bearing or shouldn't have any bearing, on the choices people make on how they live theirs.

Total arrogance to expect others to live their lives in the same way.

Yeah, built multiple Solar power stations, and great idea about getting the local communities on board.

It's nuts not to, unless he's getting very large and fat brown envelopes passed under the table from the Coal industry, there's NO logical reason to not heavily invest in renewable energy in Australia.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I once did some calculations and determined that the nation's daytime energy demand could be generated using a smallish uninhabited portion of central Western Oz near the SA-NT border. The problem is how do you get that energy from there to the populations that prefer the coastal areas. You might suggest simply build a transmission system but consider the distances and cost of it all that makes it totally impractical. It's also the reason that WA and NT are not electrically linked to the rest of the nation and operate in total isolation.

Wind is fickle & tends to blow the hardest when you least want it, solar is restricted to about 8 hours a day, coal and gas fired turbines are here to stay for a while yet so Tony is right about coal being good for the economy (for now at least).

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

As a gay person, I'm proud to live in Autralia when I see comments like yours and chops.

I'd love for marriage to become a thing, I'd rather see someone do something for the greater good of Australian people and save manufacturers and therefore Australian jobs.

I'm originally a kiwi and I saw my country go from making just about everything for ourselves with a shortage of labour when I was a child to very limited manufacturers and unemployment everywhere. There is a limit to how many people can work in shops and banks ....

For an economy to be successful you need to make stuff. Germany, Japan, Korea, China are all rich off the back if manufacturing. A service based economy like Abbot was trying to sell us is a lie and is not self sustaining. Look at America....

edit on 14-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

The easy answer on how to transport the Solar generated electricity over large distances is to convert that electricity into a more transportable form and then convert it back into electricity.

Use Solar electricity on water..convert to Hydrogen...store and transport in powdered hydrides...burn the Hydrogen...power turbines to make electricity...job done.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Thanks for the nice comments markosity...but to be honest, i think the majority of people feel the same way we do, it's juts the vocal minority that has a bee in it's collective bonnet about Gay marriage, not the majority of people.

I agree about the service based Vs. Manufacturing based economies too. The UK is a service based economy now too...manufacturing is still here, but a shadow of our former levels for which we earned the 'Great' in Great Britain.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: markosity1973

Thanks for the nice comments markosity...but to be honest, i think the majority of people feel the same way we do, it's juts the vocal minority that has a bee in it's collective bonnet about Gay marriage, not the majority of people.

I agree about the service based Vs. Manufacturing based economies too. The UK is a service based economy now too...manufacturing is still here, but a shadow of our former levels for which we earned the 'Great' in Great Britain.

Yes it's true, I feel accepted here in Australia and I am very grateful for that.

It inspires and enables gay people to focus on bigger issues and what is good for all of us being able to be ourselves.

I still want to see someone do something about car manufacturers. Maybe it's not economic to build from scratch her any more, but why can't we assemble CKD kits like NZ used to.

Just pass a law that any volume seller car midel (say over 5,000 units per year) has to assemble here in OZ. The production lines could stay open and we'd save a LOT of jobs. The factories that are around now could become multiple make lines, assembling several brands in one place. It's how it was done in NZ in the 1970s

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join