It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream about a volcanic eruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Last night I had a dream about a volcanic eruption. I have never had a dream about a volcanic eruption before.

In the dream I was living in a wooden house of a log-cabin type in a semi-mountainous area (more hilly than outright mountainous), with light snow already on the ground. Coniferous trees grew on hillsides around. The streets appeared paved or at least graveled, but not exactly modern in appearance. There were many fences and lanterns around the surrounding houses, though they were of a "close" type that I associate with small mountain villages. I was standing on the front porch observing the weather when I saw the top of a mountain explode.

The eruption I witnessed was a double eruption: One side of a mountain exploded upwards in a column of smoke and flame, and then a second or so later, the other side of the mountain exploded outwards in a much more devastating column. I remember running inside, crouching behind a chair, wrapping the window drapes around my head and plugging my ears for fear that the shock-wave would explode my eardrums. It didn't. It was loud and it shook the house, but it didn't break any windows or hurt me -- it was quite far away.

I got my wife out of bed and we checked the house and saw that none of the dishes were broken. We went outside and chatted with the neighbors, and very soon heavy ash began to fall, and we went inside. A few minutes later a policeman came to check on us and make sure we were OK. They said to stay put. I remember thinking that everything would be fine, but worrying for the people who might have lived closer to the mountain. I remember having the impression that the mountain that exploded was a volcano, but not one known for violent eruptions, or one no one would have thought would erupt any time soon, and that there was no warning because no one would have ever bothered to worry about that mountain at this time.

When I woke up I immediately had the impression that the dream was prophetic, and that me and my wife in the dream had been other people entirely whose lives I was witnessing.

Today I read about the eruption of Mount Aso (grasswire.com...) in Japan, but I do not think this was the eruption that I witnessed in my dream.

I think the eruption I witnessed in my dream is still to come, but probably very soon. It will come after a small, wet snowfall in some mountainous place, a place with a history of eruptions but where things should be "quiet right now", or where volcanoes do not usually erupt violently. Based on the images I saw, the type of foliage, and the style of construction of the houses, I think it will happen somewhere in either Kamchatka, Alaska, or the Aleutian Islands. Somewhere where the North American Plate meets the Pacific Plate.

I do not think it will be a terrible eruption in terms of casualties of damage, because it will be remote. I got that sense in the dream. But it will be newsworthy and may disrupt travel.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
May this is what you dreamed off last night, it just happened this morning..

Japanese Volcano Erupts today

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
May this is what you dreamed off last night, it just happened this morning..

Japanese Volcano Erupts today

Peace

Thats the one in the OP that was stated that may not have been the one in the dream.

new topics

join