It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some songs fit our situations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
have you ever had a song that fits you or a particular mood? I find that happens quite a bit. what about the rest of you? Apparently the songs that fit me the most currently are "the tin man" and 'just friends" Guess thats because i have a friend who i like alot but who likes another. so as the tin man id at least not feel anything relating to her in any romantic way since he didnt have a heart.

SO im in the "just friends" zone and we all know what happens to people in that over time dont we? So ATS post your songs in " "(so we can look them up)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

This song sums things up for me right now! certain verses.

Off with their heads ''nightlife''

edit on VpmSunday53pm930 by valiant because: (no reason given)

edit on VpmSunday53pm930 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Cool,but can y apost its title in " " so we can look i tup if the youtube link dont work? lol

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well for me, I guess it would be this

Linkin Park. In the end.

www.youtube.com...

Peace, NRE.
edit on 13-9-2015 by NoRegretsEver because: add name

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The romantic in me says synchronicity, kismet, fate. The realist in me says you simply notice those songs more because you can relate to them. You're hearing tons more that don't relate to you but you don't notice those as much.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Isnt it more like.. our situations fit the song? there was a time where a friend and i intrepreted the song totally different.

but I know what you mean.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRegretsEver

Yeah. this one is a great one.

@valiant. thnaks for the edit.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Not saying this fits your situation entirely but it reminded me of the lyrics from the song "I'm the one" by the Descendents.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Great song!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah

Not saying this fits your situation entirely but it reminded me of the lyrics from the song "I'm the one" by the Descendents.

Cool ill check it out. What about you though? any songs for you?

@kosmicjack. Maybe ya right. still its kinda funny sometimes.

@luciddream. Yeah. glad ya caught it. and yeah each person gets something different.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Hmm .. For me lyrics-wise probably "Spin Around" by Tying Tiffany or "Bodies" by the Smashing Pumpkins.

edit on 14-9-2015 by Ashirah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Check out. ..
Not meant to be
From theory of a dead man

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
P.O.D. "Alive".

An old song but still gets my decrepit body moving in the morning.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Given the millions of songs written and recorded over the years, it seems inevitable that some song, somewhere, at some time, will perfectly resonate with your individual situation and emotional state. Or at least feel like it does subjectively while listening to it, particularly if you're (consciously or unconsciously) already seeking commiseration.

I'm an obsessive music listener. There's nothing better than putting on a pair of good headphones and sitting alone in a room, listening to a whole album from start to finish imho. There are plenty of songs that I've found relatable over the years, and I've also found that as I age and learn, some songs "grow up with you," their meanings to you changing and evolving as you do.

Music to me is medicine.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Good music is made from raw emotion, feeling and moods and made to be relatable so it's no surprise

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow. so many good responses. I have a song from A Sir elton john who describes the way we relate to song im sure everyone migh tlike.

Elton john:"sad songs"(say so much)

It relates really well.

If you liek country... Brooks and dunn "neon moon" for those times ya be single again.

Yes there are millions of songs,and it s too bad we cant listen to them all.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It is strange isn't it?

I think the best example was once I was on a trip and reading a scene in a book where the characters had to climb a cliff in a very bad storm. I was listening to the Independence Day soundtrack at the time, and the part I was at was where Will Smith was in the initial dog fight with the aliens through the canyon and out into the desert.

For some reason, that music coordinated perfectly with the rock climbing in the book as I was reading it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Mood music 'ya say?

edit on 14-9-2015 by SachaX because: couldn't get link to work

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

Had to star you for posting an industrial track, the only person on here besides myself that I've ever seen!

top topics

join