It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My youngest dog had pups a few months ago. I thought I'd done everything to keep the male dogs out of their kennel but the one thing I hadn't counted on was one of them busting up through the floor. So, here I was with four rambunctious little pups that needed homes. I gave them away yesterday (much to my relief) and now my poor dog is still searching for them. It breaks my heart seeing her go through this. I know that she doesn't understand that they're gone. I've been cuddling with her and giving her a lot of hugs. I hope it helps ease her pain. I just hate seeing her going through this.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hugs and cuddles on top of cuddles with the occasional belly rub!!!

She'll be ok Skid mark

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Any way you can bring the mother into the house for awhile? I've only had one dog that had pups and that's how I helped with her separation anxiety. She wasn't an outside dog, but she was not allowed in my bedroom at night. I let her sleep at the foot of my bed for a couple of weeks and she rebounded well.

She'll be OK!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Aww, so sorry to hear that, it must be tough, love her as much as you can, she does need it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant
That's what she's been getting. We've gone through this before but somehow this time is worse. I hope I can distract her enough to make her forget.
Thanks for the kind words, by the way. They're much appreciated.
edit on 13-9-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
I really wish I could. My friend's dog doesn't like other dogs. That's why I have mine in a kennel. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Holy crap!!! That poor mum

Are you able to take her to see them so that she knows where they are?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRegretsEver
I have been. She's been more or less attached to me every time I let them out to potty. Thanks for the kind words.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
No I'm not able to. The pups are in another state.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: VoidHawk
No I'm not able to. The pups are in another state.

In that case, Mum gets people food for a month!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Not to be mean,but spaying works wonders and you don't end up with unwanted pups. Helps keep the mother happy as she doesn't ever have any pups again to miss. There are places that will help out with cost if needed.You can look them up on line.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae
Thanks for the advice. I'm actually looking into that. I don't want her going through it again.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

In that case, Mum gets people food for a month!

Yes she will. Treats always perk her up.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I've been through this.
Less so than the dog, I'm sure.
Give her love. She'll come back around.
It is a loss she will have to come to terms with.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Awwww, poor little Momma dog! Give her time. She'll come around eventually.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Is it your friends dog the one that contributed to the pups?

Even if not I think he/she should work with ya a bit to do what you can to help your pup.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Check you local shelter, I bet they have a day they do it for cheaper. I know the shelter I volunteer at does.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Avert her attention elsewhere, offer the fun things she likes to do, go to the park, etc, etc. Also, be mindful of activities that might stress out her body, likely still in weaning mode-sore belly as the milk production goes down.

Look for a local low cost clinic. Sometimes they have grants that can help people out immensely with spaying costs. In many places Combo and rabies vaccinations are required before or at the time of spaying.

Mentioning if you're not familiar(and don't mind this if you already have these done for her) but the combo shots are often cheaper if given at home. Please only administer these if familiar or know someone who is that can do them. The rabies shot runs about $15.00(after 1 year there's the 3 year and 5 years boosters).

Apologies as the advice applies to the US but maybe similar elsewhere would check into it, goodluck!

edit on 14-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: added more

edit on 14-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Here's an update: She's stopped crying and searching around. Things are back to normal. Treats, hugs, and cuddles work wonders.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Aww poor pup. Glad she's doing better now
. Love can work wonders.

top topics

join