It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Be the Jesus, Don't Preach the Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So we have an issue here on ATS, Trolling. And I am very much guilty. Yet it comes with great responsibility.

I want to make sure that other religious ideals are NOT forced down your throats or have a tremendously long thread upon Your Personal Opinions & Threads that ruin the integrity of the initial OP.

Religion is a personal choice and should be left as such. When and if that individual feels that they want to explore other religions, then they will do that when they are ready. The world is huge and technology allows virtually anyone to take that step into w.e. religion you choose or not to choose.

So please, stop telling people they NEED something you know nothing of their personal life.
& Please don't just create an ATS account to preach (you know who you are).

P.L.U.R. (Peace, Love, Unity, Respect)
edit on th34Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:34:12 -0500K201591230pm9 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Make all the jokes you want...

You're being tormented...

I'm at peace.

That could be a meme.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

AHHHH you read Death Slayers response to THIS Thread.

You get a star!
Noice.
edit on th36Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:36:17 -0500K201591730pm9 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Ummm, you thread title is a bit of a contradiction.

Part of being like Christ is to preach like Christ.

Now, I'm sorry if you think I'm trolling your or polluting your OP for pointing that out, but well, I thought you should know. After all, if you study the subject, it's not like Jesus and His apostles only ever walked around and did nice stuff. There was a great deal of teaching and some sermons that came with it.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

3 times now buddy.

Still funny.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ummm, you thread title is a bit of a contradiction.

Part of being like Christ is to preach like Christ.

Now, I'm sorry if you think I'm trolling your or polluting your OP for pointing that out, but well, I thought you should know. After all, if you study the subject, it's not like Jesus and His apostles only ever walked around and did nice stuff. There was a great deal of teaching and some sermons that came with it.

I'm glad you pointed this out, I was actually waiting for it.

Jesus preached a good way of life, Love. And everyone thought that was a great way of living...except....you know the rest of his story. So they wanted to follow this man/god and find out how to love.and how to receive love. So jesus kept preaching the love. But If you didn't want to hear it, you could just get up and walk away. Jesus didn't hunt them down. They came to him.

Shoving it down others throat to a point of disgust probably wasn't jesus intention.

Lead by example and they will follow.

Regards,

edit on th44Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:44:19 -0500K201591930pm9 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Jesus didn't hunt them down

Just as an FYI , for the Apostles he did.....and although they did have the choice, the choice had already been made .

edit on 13-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

But If you didn't want to hear it, you could just get up and walk away.

Are you being held captive at an evangelical pot luck or something?

I hate it when that happens.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Touche'

(Yet, I'm sure your get the point i am trying to make here)

Regards,

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

But If you didn't want to hear it, you could just get up and walk away.

Are you being held captive at an evangelical pot luck or something?

I hate it when that happens.

I grab all the food and stuff my parachute pants and LEG IT!

Regards,

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Dont allow them to affect you, they know not what they do.

In terms of Being Jesus, i myself could not imagine much greater of an honor.

People would begin to change just standing in proximity of enlightened beings.

The troll knows not what he does. Train yourself to skim past their rhetoric, & you will move to greater planes of understanding. In a way, it's like the instinct of knowing someone is watching you, but not looking at them, rather taking mental observance of their presence but no reaction.

Some people are trained to instantly take a life under those circumstances. In half a breath.

Edited to add: claiming Jesus (or any other Ascended Master for the matter) is of any secular or denominational belief is a trump to ones own knowledge. A dead giveaway to how 'spirited' one is.
edit on 13-9-2015 by survival because: Spirituality

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's a two sided coin, that is either one allows it affect them or one can simply choose to walk away...

However, if literally constraints you in chair and preach torture than, yes that's shoving it down the throat so to speak.

Let them preach all they want, most of the time it just becomes a case of "am in the light and your not" scenario which sadly ends up as a pissing contest of right and wrong, light and dark etc.

It's always good that all should be reminded of the follow verse. And it doesn't necessarily be a Christian principle but rather a philosophical one and should be rightfully seen as such. As it is in the bible, so is it in other religious texts and philosophical teachings that ;

Do to others as you would have them do to you

Bible Verses: Luke 6:31

Peace

edit on 13-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

AHHHH you read Death Slayers response to THIS Thread.

You get a star!
Noice.

This is to SirKonstantin:

And flooding my ATS mail with your hate mail and threats? What do you call this?

No, I will not contact the Mods and file a complaint.

If you want to keep on hating me, OK.... but this ........."P.L.U.R. (Peace, Love, Unity, Respect)" that you preach, I guess you don't follow but only preach it.
edit on 14-9-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Since this is not in a religious forum, I think I can safely say: stop worrying about fake religions and just live your life!! Don't be rude to each other! And most importantly:

No, you don't have the answer!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I want to make sure that other religious ideals are NOT forced down your throats or have a tremendously long thread upon Your Personal Opinions & Threads that ruin the integrity of the initial OP.

What length of opening post do you think is acceptable on a religious forum?
As I know from experience, there is a maximum allowance of 7413 characters, anyway.

edit on 14-9-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And to his apostles, Jesus told them to go out and spread the word.

When it comes to spreading the word, I cannot know your situation. I cannot know what you would prefer to hear until I have said my piece. So if I am spreading the word, I must say my piece, no matter how annoying it may be because I cannot know what you want to hear or don't until I speak.

God does not give us the ability to read minds.

Not only that, but this is an opinion forum, and for some issues, there is the religious slant. Like it or not, that is the opinion some will give. Asking us not to speak and bring in that faith-based angle is tantamount to saying, "Shut up. I find your opinions invalid because ... God." For someone who professes not to believe, that is giving Him a lot of power. I am not asking you atheists to not give your opinions based on your secular viewpoints because those are valid opinions too.

edit on 14-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

My two cents.....

This was a timely post for me because during Mass this past Sunday, the readings were about....
Words without actions mean nothing.
Actions without words mean something.

I would also throw in there something that St. Francis (the saint, not the Pope, to be clear) is credited with saying....
"Preach the gospel always. Use words when necessary."
I can lead by example and never try to "convince" anyone to convert to or believe in anything.

new topics

top topics

join