It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trevor Loudon on the Secret Backers of Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders … and More!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I could give a tinker's damn about those earnings. All I care about are my own and retaining as much as is humanly possible after the government's redistribution vampires have molested my paycheck. Sanders equals more lost wages... Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You mean the corporate vampirism that bought off politicians in order to get their hands on your money. Unless you're in Koch level wealth, I wouldn't worry too much.
edit on 9/13/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You mean the corporate vampirism that bought off politicians in order to get their hands on your money. Unless you're in Koch level wealth, I wouldn't worry too much.

Again, prior to Obamacare, any spending I did with my money remaining after the government was done claiming Prima Noche on my paycheck, we at my own behest and decision. I did not fall victim to any corporate vampirism, I made choices about my own money. I'm far from Koch levels, but I'm just a smidgen above the cutoff point for getting my life subsidized by the US taxpayers... which means I'm one of the teats 47% of America is feasting on. Sanders has said absolutely nothing to make me believe he intends to do anything other than increase subsidies and, in turn, taxes on those of us presently being milked dry. Thus: HELL NO.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Maybe you should assume less and read more.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I don't have to assume anything. Simple fact, the man supports a $15/hr minimum wage. That represents a 50% increase where I live. It is a proven fact that those low income adjustments work their way to be the standard within a matter of several years. I can't afford a 50% increase in price on anything.

As I have said, the middle class and upper middle class can't afford a Bernie Sanders' presidency. Nor should we be expected to support one.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I don't have to assume anything. Simple fact, the man supports a $15/hr minimum wage. That represents a 50% increase where I live. It is a proven fact that those low income adjustments work their way to be the standard within a matter of several years. I can't afford a 50% increase in price on anything.

As I have said, the middle class and upper middle class can't afford a Bernie Sanders' presidency. Nor should we be expected to support one.

Not to mention the fact that minimum wage laws result in diminished jobs resulting in higher unemployment and have an overall negative effect on the economy.

All pluses for a seasoned communist eager to assert totalitarian control over the means of production and to ultimately eliminate private property.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

As a supporter of Sanders, what about him makes you think his talk is not cheap? What exactly makes you think he will follow through with what he is saying? No other politician ever does. I can't honestly think his retoric will be any different. His may even prove to be a serious down grade to our present condition if his nay sayers are even slightly right.

We had the talk last time. It failed. This time lets do more than say "he sounds so cool!"

edit on 9 13 2015 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Because he has a very long record to stand on that backs up what he says. He's not taking money from corporations or banks who all but own our political system which has gotten us into the economic mess we're in today.

Bernie has had a consistent message for 4 decades (NYT)

I don't remember having a conversation with you about anything let alone being so shallow as to say "he sounds so cool".

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You're correct, we haven't. And sorry I didn't intend to imply that you said that, or even think along that line.

I was going more for the overall almost cult like explosion of passion so many had for Obama during his campaign. I see a lot of similarities with Bernie.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join