It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Office Depot CEO Apologizes – Agrees to Print Pro-Life Flyer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And the Baker ended up Baking the cake... oh no they didn't

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Grimpachi

IMO she saw an opportunity to make a mountain out of a mole hill and took it.

That's par for course when it comes to pro-life zealotry.

Wow, this is exactly the tactic used by the left with the bakery and pizza place. I think if she IS doing anything that is annoying she learned it from gay activists and the liberal playbook.
edit on 2015/9/13 by Metallicus because: Added last sentence

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It seems that this woman is, indeed, trying to emulate the perceived victimhood of a gay couple seeking a wedding cake and finding rejection.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It seems that this woman is, indeed, trying to emulate the perceived victimhood of a gay couple seeking a wedding cake and finding rejection.

When did 'being the victim' become cool? All of these people are oxygen thieves..

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It's moot.

Office Depo(t) is printing the flyer.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I didn't realize that Office Depot had gone from printer to censor.
Why are you even reading what you're copying?
Your job is to copy it [period]
Nobody requested your moral judgement.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Well, what else is he going to say. His company managed to anger half of its customers.

And now he's angered the other half.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have to ask, is this an employee who is following Office Depot's policy, or, is this an employee with a different opinion hiding behind Office Depot's policy?

I have had employees from many different companies refuse to print flyers, tickets and signs for gun raffles that an organization I belong to has, because they are anti-gun. Usually I ask for a manager and with the exception of one time I get my stuff printed. The one time I didn't get my stuff printed, I went to another place and when I went back there was a new manager. (I didn't complain)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I hate flyers, of all kinds. I especially hate when I find them under the windshield wiper of my car. I think Mitch said it best:

Whenever I walk, people try to hand me out fliers, and when someone tries to hand me out a flier, it's kinda like they're saying, 'Here, you throw this away.' - Mitch Hedberg

I think unless a flyer shows graphic content, or anything obviously offensive, I think the company should print it. They are in the business of printing (among other things), after all.

There should be some exceptions, of course. Office Depot shouldn't be forced to print flyers for Staples....lol

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: infolurker

In the past I have had problems with lower management at companies....

To me, this is the biggest issue with stories like this. The mentality that cashiers, clerks, etc believe that they have the right to decide the course of action by their employers.

Just one example of many, even if you can't stand the guy, the next time Michael Savage releases a non-fiction book (and pays for prominent space in the front of book stores), just go in and see if you can find it. I have personally witnessed the punk kids working there keep them hidden, buried in the back of the store. It's not up to the punk kid to make decisions like that. If they weren't so full of themselves they would realize this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join