It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topless Women Activist disrupt Muslim conference in France (One female kicked)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaccceee
What if it was a he instead of a she, a penis instead of breasts, a room full of children instead of muslims? Maybe not a good point. Probably still been treated better.

What would a naked man be protesting in a room full of children?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

i think you all missing the point. . .

if they brought up the subject to rectify what's right and wrong then that's good? if they trying to make people think positivity to their wives. otherwise how would bad people be educated to good principles.

i know loads of Muslim amongst others and beating wife's is not acceptable.

its more cultural i would say.

unless i hear the entire speech i cant comment if its bad or good. But all you guys are doing is assuming its bad.

its not good to have an open discussing on touching kids either, but there's documentaries about paedophiles. same principle

seems like i caused quite a stir for expressing my opinion, good! get over yourselves!!

if someone listens to the conference and is deemed bad and they trying to justify why wife beating is to be endeavoured then they are a bunch of idiots.

until that time you don't know... so stop assuming just because they labelled s Muslims that its the worst outcome.

again. .no sympathy

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Much of what you have quoted, although credited to the quran is not original or exclusive and comes from much earlier pagan texts. It appears that decent laws are a human concept despite to whom they are attributed, which is something we should all be grateful for as they form the basis of most country's laws especially in the West, whether its a secular or religious based country.

Our attitude towards beating women though is a facet of decent and respectful upbringing. Its also against the law within France where this incident took place, so those thugs who think themselves pious are not prepared to live with the law of the land, which I understood muslims are taught to abide by. Its a sad and dreadful indictment which will be laid against islam for not stopping it in this day and age. Sooner or later, much of what especially the desert religions teach is going to come under the microscope because many non religious are arguing against being expected to show respect for acts which clearly are disrespectable to say the least.

What is interesting is that both the religions of judaism and islam have very anti women attitudes and `also have disgusting attitudes towards paedophelia, even babies are acceptable, (provided they are goy in the case of certain religious texts), Despite Paul's obvious misoganistic attitude towards the role of women, violence towards them has been a crime for some time, especially domestic violence which is something that affects women and children badly and needs a strong deterrent against. Were this attitude not so extreme by today's western world' standards, I doubt the women would have used such a shock tactic.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: Annee

if they brought up the subject to rectify what's right and wrong then that's good? if they trying to make people think positivity to their wives. otherwise how would bad people be educated to good principles.

unless i hear the entire speech i cant comment if its bad or good. But all you guys are doing is assuming its bad.

its not good to have an open discussing on touching kids either, but there's documentaries about paedophiles. same principle

seems like i caused quite a stir for expressing my opinion, good! get over yourselves!!

if someone listens to the conference and is deemed bad and they trying to justify why wife beating is to be endeavoured then they are a bunch of idiots.

until that time you don't know... so stop assuming just because they labelled s Muslims that its the worst outcome.

again. .no sympathy

Could be right. Not sure sure a conference on not beating your wife is reinforced by kicking down some random protesting women. Not saying interrupting in this manner was the way to go but seriously???? I will go out on a limb though and say if this happened at a Christian, scientology, or Judaism based conference with the same result. I have a feeling many opinions would change as the religion did.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

i understand its not the correct manner to be kicking people, neither is going on stage demonstrating in that way either.

its hard to perform the politicly correct approach when having to make a quick decision when not expecting something of that nature. You just react!

You can be the most stand up guy in the world but if walked in on your Mrs in bed with another man. would you take the politicly correct approach or would that shock and rage make you do something stupid instantly.

I just think these girls should expect the worst if this is what they do to minority groups of different cultures.

so many decent posts out there think im draining my energy on this one. ( that's not aimed at you, just in general)
edit on 15-9-2015 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Reallyfolks

i understand its not the correct manner to be kicking people, neither is going on stage demonstrating in that way either.

its hard to perform the politicly correct approach when having to make a quick decision when not expecting something of that nature. You just react!

You can be the most stand up guy in the world but if walked in on your Mrs in bed with another man. would you take the politicly correct approach or would that shock and rage make you do something stupid instantly.

I just think these girls should expect the worst if this is what they do to minority groups of different cultures.

so many decent posts out there think im draining my energy on this one. ( that's not aimed at you, just in general)

I get it, though I disagree it had anything to do with being politically correct or not. pC in general is pretty worthless, I don't need pc to tell me that unless someone is threatening me or others with physical harm, no reason to deliever a kick down.

As far as catching your wife in bed, a tad bit different that two women interrupting a protest with boobs showing , not quite sure it's the best analogy.

Again I understand the whole what did you expect point of view. Maybe that we expect it indicates something. In the end the girls aren't too bright and the kicker wasn't either.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't think it was 'disrespectful'.

Hell who doesn't like half naked chics.

Bet even the imams looked like they 'shouldn't'.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I don't think it was 'disrespectful'.

Hell who doesn't like half naked chics.

Bet even the imams looked like they 'shouldn't'.

It was because they were not islamic and half naked.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Women won't get equality for everyone by saying ''inequality and oppression are beautiful cultural traits and I think your religion is wonderful''; feminism's usually really dropping the ball there. Religious long toes, and the subsequent argument of ''respect'', shouldn't get such acknowledgement when compared to gross disrespect for women and their bodies. We attribute way too much value to precious religious 'feelings', as if it's objectively holier than almost anything else.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Actually, you also might be guilty...

Then the debate should have been about "how to resolve relationship turbulence" not "whether or not it is acceptable to strike your wife". Beating your wife for any other reason but self-defence is considered a crime in the West and is socially unacceptable.

I agree. Although, the Quran does permit the use of violence against your wife if you suspect her of being arrogant and she disobeys your order to be humble. I already linked the passage earlier in this thread. (Post is here).

A debate on whether or not it is acceptable to beat your wife is not considered productive in Western Society, maybe it is a clash of cultures?

Um, I don't recall a debate in the West on whether it is acceptable to sexually abuse kids or not. Can you provide a source for your "open discussion on touching kids" remark by any chance?

If your overall argument was that no topic should be taboo and an idea can be discussed without being accepted, then I would agree. Unfortunately, it does not seem like this is what you are arguing at all...

edit on 16/9/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join