It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee crisis: How Germany rose to the occasion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll
She made a stupid statement both at the time and in hindsight but she is not Germany. Regardless of your dislike for her she did a noble thing without considering the implications. She did not cause this crisis. This crisis already existed, just it's now concentrated in that particular region as opposed to France and Belgium.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Nope, resources should have been diverted to the people sheltering in Turkey, Jordan, and Lebanon, lots and lots of resources.
Encouraging people to risk their lives paying Turkish people smugglers to cross the Med' sea was irresponsible, and immoral.
Turkey, Jordan, and Lebanon just need foreign currency injected into their economies from the EU and the folk currently displaced could have decent lives, still in their region until it is safe for them to return home.
That is the sensible option. Germany made a stupid mistake, and it does not please me to say told you so.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: doobydoll
She made a stupid statement both at the time and in hindsight but she is not Germany. Regardless of your dislike for her she did a noble thing without considering the implications. She did not cause this crisis. This crisis already existed, just it's now concentrated in that particular region as opposed to France and Belgium.

Without considering the implications? So she's just talking out of her rear end and then goes 'Oops'?
That's naive if you believe that.

She knew pretty well what the implications would be. She is part of the destabilisation of Syria.
This is an organised Mass Exodus!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Go to south Texas and walk around at night in any town....live blog it on your iPad until you don't have the iPad anymore...let alone your life...
There is a reason we are allowing law abiding citizens to arm themselves in Texas....I'm a lifelong Texan and the safe places to live are steadily moving northward.
This is not a debatable issue. It is simple facts...go to Brownsville or Edinburgh city sites and read the crime reports...newsflash: the names are not McCoy or Smith or Jones etc...again, not a debate but a fact.
******cue the "you're a racist" crowd in 3, 2, 1....

It is an indisputable fact that immigrants or refugees fleeing to western countries are overwhelmingly NOT "middle class"...let alone educated...but I won't let the facts get in the way of a good old fashion bamboozle.

-Christosterone
edit on 13-9-2015 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
You do realise that with what you said, Turkey would be screwed now right? We can't keep passing the buck, like France has been doing to us. You are correct that logistically turkey would be easier, and that foreign aid would help facilitate this colonisation, but turkey have issued no such things such as wanting to take in these refugees? Should we force our own agenda on other countries unwilling to do so just to make Europe less "swarmy"

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Hellas, please go back to my last post which I have updated with a link fyi.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Clearly she didn't consider the implicating otherwise the borders would not be closed? Or the estimated amount wouldn't have been exceeded?

With regards of niavity do behave. If she Clearly planned the implications of her "welcome all policy" would we be discussing it in this debate. Laughable response unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Hellas, please go back to my last post which I have updated with a link fyi.

I did, thank you!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I read an article today, that said Germany was cutting those welfare programs now.

To little to late?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Clearly she didn't consider the implicating otherwise the borders would not be closed? Or the estimated amount wouldn't have been exceeded?

With regards of niavity do behave. If she Clearly planned the implications of her "welcome all policy" would we be discussing it in this debate. Laughable response unfortunately.

Germany is putting up border controls! They never closed the borders.

Educate yourself.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You do realise that with what you said, Turkey would be screwed now right? We can't keep passing the buck, like France has been doing to us. You are correct that logistically turkey would be easier, and that foreign aid would help facilitate this colonisation, but turkey have issued no such things such as wanting to take in these refugees? Should we force our own agenda on other countries unwilling to do so just to make Europe less "swarmy"
Did you miss the bit that all these folk are already in Turkey, Jordan, and Lebanon?
An injection of resources from the EU would cover it easily, not the stupid and immoral move of encouraging people to pay people smugglers to cross from Turkey to Greece.

The people are already in Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan. All three nations will be happy to continue accomodating these folk if EU nations helped pay for it.
Do you disagree?
Do you support encouraging people to risk their lives on a sea crossing with people smugglers, or help them where they are?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I like your idea of 1% aid as I have said in other threads but how many British people would be willing to do so?being British you know our mentality and know many would be unwilling, even with the supposed promise that their would be less here. Most our problems stem from EU countries and African nations.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I read an article today, that said Germany was cutting those welfare programs now.

To little to late?

Germany will never cut its welfare program, just because a very high percentage in Germany is living off of it.

ETA: I just looked it up. As of April 2015 it's 7,6% of the population. Which is roughly 8 million people.
edit on 13-9-2015 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

German EU Commissioner Guenter Oettinger told newspaper Welt am Sonntag that Germany should reduce benefits for asylum seekers to reduce the numbers coming across its borders.
"Payments to asylum seekers in Germany need to be adjusted so that there is a certain rapprochement to the payments in other EU countries," he said.
"We need a certain harmonization of the cash benefits for asylum seekers in Europe because if the difference within the EU, it could create the wrong incentives," he added.
German national rail operator Deutsche Bahn is reserving one long-distance train from Munich to Berlin on Sunday for asylum seekers, Christoph Hillenbrand, senior administrator of the Upper Bavaria district around Munich, said.
From Monday several hundred seats will be reserved for refugees on several regular train services from the Bavarian capital, he said, adding that there would also be special train services to North Rhine-Westphalia and northern Germany on Monday to free up some emergency accommodation in Munich.
Since Aug. 31 around 63,000 refugees have arrived in Munich and Hillenbrand said the city could not continue taking in such numbers. Around 1,400 refugees arrived on Sunday morning.
"It's not feasible for us to take in the equivalent of a small town's population every day. It's simply not doable logistically anymore," he said.

Is Merkel insane?

I don't get it.

"It's not feasible for us to take in the equivalent of a small town's population every day. It's simply not doable logistically anymore," he said.

DUH!
edit on 013030p://bSunday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
OK I can see you feel strongly about this, why would they be happy to accommodate them. Because they have an influx and provide care like many countries at the moment you supposed they are happy to.why?
Why would you suggest that? It's like me saying Germany are willing to take them in.

Please don't go down that path. You know I don't consider that people should risk their lives over sea with the high chance of dying. But I do condone anyone wanting to better theirs and their families life no matter the risk. They are victims of the grass is greener speeches like that of Germany. They might not feel that turkey is far enough to escape the atrocities.

edit on 13-9-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

So you support encouraging folk in Turkey to pay people smugglers for a dangerous crossing over the sea before providing Turkey cash and resources to look after the people already there?
Correct me if I'm wrong but that is how I see your argument, and I disagree strongly.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Arabs make good nurses

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just came across this in the news.

Germany is to reintroduce some form of controls on its border with Austria to cope with the influx of migrants, German and Austrian media report.

More than 13,000 migrants arrived into Munich alone on Saturday. Germany's vice-chancellor said the country was "at the limit of its capabilities".

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Merkel promised, she would take up to 800.000 refugees till the end of this Year.

Like I said the welfare program can't be cut, because there is no other way for all this masses to survive in Germany otherwise. Which is why they chose Germany

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Semantics police now. You know what I meant. Educate yourself. Wow. Your a gem aren't you. She knew the implications....I could say the same to you but I don't stoop to such responses.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join