It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wally the Weiner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Our Doxie or Beachund depending on what part of the country you hail from. We call him our weiner dog!

We had a sort of cold snap come through last night. The temp got down around 58 F.
Anywhooo we had opened the house up and it got quite chilly. He has been laying out back on the deck in the sun and now is following the sun around the house. He is 14 and I am sure, like me, he can feel even this slight coolness in his bones!
When winter comes and we build a fire in the fireplace, he loves to lay on the hearth and warm his little toes. If we build a fire outside, he will whine at the back door until we let him come and sit there by us.
There is a squirrel who has become brave enough to walk along the handrail. Wally just watches and sort of yawns and lays his head back down.
Sometimes when we are outside, a neighbor or their dogs will come running by and he becomes a pit bull or a mastiff right before my eyes!
I tell him "Wally thank you soooo much for protecting me". He turns and looks up at me (looks lovingly to me) and comes and lays back down.

There is no conspiracy here just finding me some happy today and sharing it.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hi TN:

Wally looks like a sweetie Pie...I had two female Dauchies, one long hair and one smooth. Both were black and tan. Their names were Scarlett and Mellie. They graced My Husand and I with their presence for 16 years a piece. I loved those two furry babies and miss them every day. It has been two years without them...really bittersweet to see your pic, because mine were "sun worshipers" as well.

Happy Fall to you and Wally.

Missie

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Better get him outta the sun...I like my hot dogs with cheese.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Nice.
There is a daushaund or however you spell it in a nz kids story called 'snitzel von crumb with a very low tum.' . I could quote the whole story off by heart from reading it over and over again to my kids.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

I had a 3 legged dauch!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I have a golden retriever. She doesn't like the heat, she has too much hair. She prefers to sit in front of the air conditioning vents in the summer. She goes outside to do her business in the summer, but makes sure she looks through our screen door window to notify us to let her in after a few minutes.

In the winter its the opposite. As soon as we let her out in the snow she start frolicking and plows her face directly into the deep snow, it's hysterical.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I love a duschound! Sweet little things.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
www.akc.org...

We had one when I was growing up. Great little dog. Very protective and a great sense of humor.

We called here Shatz. She was a beautiful red, shorthair. When she would get upset the back of her hair would raise, almost reminding of you of a Rhodesian Ridgeback.

She had been abused by a man, so she stuck to the females. One of the best dogs I ever had.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your happy...

Wally is precious. There's nothing like warmth, and especially sunshine, to soothe the older bones. A girl at our vet has a long-haired, dappled dachshund. They're great dogs!

We have an older girl (13) who doesn't get around nearly as well as she used to. She LOVES to lie in the sun.

We are getting a new bed mattress, so we took the old one and plopped it in the middle of the living room so we and the dogs can all lie and watch TV for a few evenings, before we toss it. Our dogs are big, but my next one is going to be small, so I can have a lap dog, although sometimes my 80-lb GSD gets up in my lap... LOL!

top topics

join