It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' Latin Epitaph Equals 111 in English Reduction Gematria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The gematria calculator provided by Riding the Beast made me aware of something odd. The Latin translation of «This is Jesus king of the Jews» — that is Lat. «Hic est Iesus rex Iudaeorum» as given in Matthew 27:37 in my '77 Clementine Vulgate (Nova Editio) — equals 111 in the English Reduction System which I understand is a=1 b=2 &c in the format 1-9 & 1-9 & 1-8 = 26 letters blank spaces 0. At least I think I have double checked these numbers, and the Latin epitaph is broken down into the below, they add up to 111:

h=8 + i=9 + c=3
+ 0
+ e=5 + s=1 + t=2
+ 0
+ i=9 + e=5 + s=1 + u=3 + s=1
+ 0
+r=9 + e=5 + x=6
+ 0
+ i=9 + u=3 + d=4 + a=1 + e=5 + o=6 + r=9 + u=3 + m=4
SUM = 111

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

So..... I guess i'll have admit that jesus is real? Damnit man. You got me.

Wait, wait. If you revert the 111 back to letters, you get AAA. Last month i had a tire go out and a spanish man named Jesus helped me change it. Huh? Coincidence? Huh? Anyone?

I met god..... He told me to "have a nice day"

Put that in yer jesus words decoder ring.

edit on 13-9-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
But what does this mean?
Are you saying that their is a significance to the number?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
dope number

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ohhh geez another one of these !

1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10= Conspiracy !!!!!!

Why does nothing ever materialize from these type of elementary conspiracies ?

just saying .. Math is a universal language it can be present in EVERYTHING! Dynamic ! man !

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
111 is what we ring if we need police,ambulance or the fire guys. Maybe Jesus might come too.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So by using simple numerical substitution with the 26 characters of the English alphabet (which didn't exist at the time), you came up with a meaningless number.

Congratulations?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The Latin language is NOT a sacred language, unlike the Hebrew one, whose 22 letters correspond to the 22 Paths of the biblical Tree of Life (Otz Chiim). The use of gematria with Latin letters is therefore totally illigitimate and all deductions based upon it are totally meaningless, amounting to nothing more than Christmas party fun.

If you want to see the REAL, stupendous, mathematical meaning of TRUE gematria at work - as opposed to all the silly, misconceived stuff discussed in forums on the internet - study the huge body of rigorous research at:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Nothing other than that it seems to follow a certain pattern involved with another number mentioned in the other end of the NT, in Revelation. 666. Now, the Latin text on Christ's supposed epitaph is from Matthew verse 27:37. Multiplied 27 x 37 becomes 999. Gr. Iesous equals 888 in Greek isopsephy which is 24 x 37. Following the former pattern, verse 24:37 of Matthew says: «For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.» [ESV] Sounds familiar? And what does John 18:37 say?

Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” [ESV] John 18:37

Pilate, representing Rome asks whether Jesus is the king, while Jesus says himself he only came to bear witness to the truth. upon which Pilate replies with yet another question: «What is truth?»
edit on 13-9-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
In medieval/vulgar or later latin perhaps. Wouldn't it be more likely at the time to have read something like "HIC-EST-IESVS-REX-IVDAEORVM"? With the alphabet only containing 23 letters?

In other parts of the gospels it's claimed and generally accepted to have read simply "INRI" ie. Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Jews (IESVS-NAZARENVS-REX-IVDAEORVM). Which makes some sense in light of other abbreviations for official stuff...SPQR?

Either way, not big on numerology.

ps. What would 111 signify anyway?

edit on 14-9-2015 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cogito, Ergo Sum
In medieval/vulgar or later latin perhaps. Wouldn't it be more likely at the time to have read something like "HIC-EST-IESVS-REX-IVDAEORVM"? With the alphabet only containing 23 letters?

Aye, but that means I actually have to do all the work myself
The gematria calculator on that riding-the-beast (what were they thinking?) page only works with Hebrew (22 letters), Greek (24) and English (26).

In other parts of the gospels it's claimed and generally accepted to have read simply "INRI" ie. Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Jews (IESVS-NAZARENVS-REX-IVDAEORVM).

Apparently the text had that in three languages, Latin, Greek and Hebrew/Aramaic.

Which makes some sense in light of other abbreviations for official stuff...SPQR?

Senatus et Populus Que Romanus? There are more ways of reading it. «Mystery Babylon the Great....»

Either way, not big on numerology. ps. / What would 111 signify anyway?

Same here, and I have no idea about 111 other than that it sort of stands out and bears a striking resemblance with that OTHER number.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Pythagorean theorem
6662+ 8882=11102

443,556+788,544=1,232,100

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Apparently the text had that in three languages, Latin, Greek and Hebrew/Aramaic.

Yes. "INRI" the latin part.

Most educated Romans used Greek interchangeably/almost as an equivalent language and the need for Hebrew/Aramaic for the locals lol.

Senatus et Populus Que Romanus? There are more ways of reading it. «Mystery Babylon the Great....»

Yes, thought to mean "SENATVS-POPVLVSQVE-ROMANVS" or "the Roman senate and people/senate and people of Rome" (the "que" already ties the words together without need for an "et" afaik), but there are other interpretations. Can't remember where but I have seen a depiction of a Roman soldier bearing the Roman "SPQR" standard at the crucifixion.

Same here, and I have no idea about 111 other than that it sort of stands out and bears a striking resemblance with that OTHER number.

Fair enough, can be interesting. You mean the mark/number of the beast "666" of revelation? An interesting piece of symbolism/numerology. Wonder what the author really meant by it? Fun to speculate, but I'm not sure anyone really knows lol.

edit on 15-9-2015 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cogito, Ergo Sum

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Yes. "INRI" the latin part.

Most educated Romans used Greek interchangeably/almost as an equivalent language and the need for Hebrew/Aramaic for the locals lol.

What if the Greek Text read Christos Iesous Soter, or Xi Iota Stigma, ChISt or Gr. ΧΙϚ, 616, what I think is most likely the original Number of the Beast.

Yes, thought to mean "SENATVS-POPVLVSQVE-ROMANVS" or "the Roman senate and people/senate and people of Rome" (the "que" already ties the words together without need for an "et" afaik), but there are other interpretations. Can't remember where but I have seen a depiction of a Roman soldier bearing the Roman "SPQR" standard at the crucifixion.

SPQR is supposedly an acronym or some sort of magic designation for Rome the city and the Empire. Most likely an artist used the four letters to pimp up the soldier in the painting.

Fair enough, can be interesting. You mean the mark/number of the beast "666" of revelation? An interesting piece of symbolism/numerology. Wonder what the author really meant by it? Fun to speculate, but I'm not sure anyone really knows lol.

Well, I think it was originally ΧΙϚ which is 616, and the geometric value of IESVS, Ἰησοῦς and Jesus in Hebrew, but then the Roman friendly Church Fathers realised it was a code for their Latinised Christ and their theology that was centred around Jesus' death and resurrection, so in desperate attempts at covering it up, they made their scribes add three streaks to the middle Iota to make it appear as a Corinthian/Ionian Xi so the number would read ΧΞϚ which is gibberish, but which sums up to 666, a truly remarkable number— and in the process the Church-fathers managed to transfer the burden of the good lord over to all humankind, including all but not exclusively: the quick and the dead.

I intend to look into the paleography of early versions of Revelation, to see if I can spot this transition.

P47 (late 3rd century) above was put together long after the Ι-Ξ transition must have occurred, but Irenaeus refers to how some mss held 616 (middle Iota) instead of 666 (middle Xi). P115 (3rd century) below holds 616:

Below here is the same section of Revelation as written in the 12th century GA 620 minuscule, in parallell Greek-Latin: First one in Greek reads «Hexakosioi Hexakonta Hex» (600 + 60 + 6). while the Latin below that again goes «Sexcenti Sexaginta VI» (600 + 60 + 6).

The Ephraemi Codex has much the same Greek, only it has 10 instead of 60 (616).

The GA 1685 manuscript from 1293 AD has χξς -- 666
edit on 15-9-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Latin does not use a valid gematria. Originally there were not separate symbols for numbers, as letters were reused as number symbols, so every word had an incidental number value. The first one was in Hebrew, and used the hierarchical pattern that came from Egypt. The first 9 letters were numbered 1-9, and the next 9 letters were numbered 10-90. The final 4 letters were 100-400. The next language was Greek, which followed the same pattern, only with 26 letters instead of 22. Both languages were also used to create the both the new and old testaments, so there are secret patterns in the bible as a result. There are also patterns found in the Arabic alphabet of 28 letters. After the arabs realized that the numerology of words was obvious, they created separate number symbols to keep it hidden. These are the same number symbols that we use today. There was an early attempt to have the same patterns in modern English, but it was abandoned in the 1800s. This is why some English words have the same numerology as other similar words which are associated. Examine the English numerology of the following words:
Jew =515 Jesus=515, Master's=536 Slave=536, Sex=705 Baby=705
Taken from
A-I =1-9,
J-R =10-90,
S-Z=100-800
There are numerous other coincidences, plus many that don't fit anymore as a result of the project being abandoned. The more words that match, the more likely your unconscious will associate the words as similar. Sort of like an early linguistic virus. It doesn't work very well, as there are plenty of words that do not match.

As for Latin or other associated languages? There isn't any. This is why the Catholic Church early on translated the new testament into Latin, and acted like it was a holy language. They wanted to hide the code that was in the original Greek. This is also why St John forbid any of the original greek to be changed, or translated like it was. The reference in Revelations to the number 666 referred to the same code. In case you are wondering, "Jesus" in greek =888, and his brother was 666. The implication is that Jesus's brother pretended to be him, and also was the one killed on the cross. Since the greeks believed life was like a circle, they assumed that the same thing would occur again. This is why the guy that speared Jesus in the side was named a Saint by the Catholic Church. The 5th wound of Christ was to cover up the fact that there was a birthmark that Jesus never had, and would have identified the person dying on the cross as his jealous brother. Three days later Jesus was spotted morning for his brother, and it was announced that he had risen.

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I love this particular deity.
Omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, yet manages to just about make himself/herself/itself known by revelation to illiterate bronze age goatherds and subsequent oral tradition, unnecessarily complicated matrices of code, and toast.
All that knowledge and power, and can't manage a TV broadcast interruption for ten minutes; "Hello people of Earth. Just letting you know I'm here, I'm real, deal with it." Simple as that.
All those megachurches would rake it in. Right little earner.

Able to inspire deep, and profound feelings of something or other to people who look sideways at flowers, trees, and babies.
Equally at home with psychopaths, and the most earnest of do-gooders as long as they stick to some of the written texts (cherry pick at will).
Has all the same prejudices as the people who follow him/her/it.
Great at winning football games, and finding keys. No so good at avoiding accidents.
Takes all the credit for successful complicated medical procedures. Avoids taking credit for the ones that go awry.
Not very good at keeping the peace, avoiding conflicts. Not impressed with Africa, really.
Fails to see the irony that the non-existent, and the invisible look and behave very much alike.

So sure, your little math problem probably shows Yahweh to exist because Pi....or something.
You're doing a better job that he/she/it is doing to prove existence/relevance to modern society.

6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of other + 42 + "Romanes Eunt Domus"

"ROMANES EUNT DOMUS"? "People called Romanes they go the house?" ~ John Cleese.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Honestly, this gematria stuff makes me want to pull my hair out and smash my computer. Like pareidolia with Mars rocks. So what's it all supposed to mean?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Honestly, this gematria stuff makes me want to pull my hair out and smash my computer. Like pareidolia with Mars rocks. So what's it all supposed to mean?

It's simple, really.

Either you were lucky enough to be given a direct revelation from God (doesn't happen often, and hasn't happened for a long time), or you have to work out complex mathematical ciphers, and know five or six ancient languages to doctorate level.

Or you could read the book, and ignore all the bits that don't make sense. That seems the safest for most.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

That is so much horse puck. You really think that after thousands of years of speculation, you can devine anything substantial by arbitrarily putting some numbers together? You could be doing some real research with your time, and actually figuring out real things.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vincent22

Jesus was crucified with his 666 brother? Please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join