It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am here now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
In accordance with the rules I'm introducing myself here.

I'm not young, have been around the Net quite some years, have been on and off various forums inc this one a few times - reason I gave up here those times was that I wasn't getting the kind of quality replies I'd been hoping for, but I'm back again giving this another chance as it all depends on the users.

I've read and heard a great deal over the years about (I imagine) just about every theory that's out there; about everything. It's of perpetual interest, because I've always felt there are several layers to what's going on with us on this planet and that what is actually going on is so far beyond what we can contrive of that it's beyond our chattings to try and think of it.

I've always thought of it being like the layers inside a gobstopper sweet all leading down to a tiny core and that everything on each layer reduces down to the next and so on - so that at the core there's just one 'brain' running the whole show. I think that this is how most people like us here think of everything being - however; what interests me most is why?

So this is why I'm here this time. My interest is in seeking not the how, or the who, but the "why", because I'd like to know the different perspectives on this. I've read it all over the many years; even pre-internet in the days of paper books. But very little, if anything, has been said about "why". For example; we know that it's rapidly coming to fruition through conflict and poverty, etc, etc, that those without money are dying globally and like in Greece and every other country; when populations die and governments crash and get in debt they sell off land/assets very cheaply to the global rich that are systematically stripping the world of resources and territory like locusts - but WHY - what is the point of power and resources with no one to rule and no one to do your bidding if everyone is dead (inc the poor and the middle classes)? I don't want any answers in this intro section of the forum - that's not my intention of this question - I've just posed this as an example of what I joined to find out.

I'm in the UK and I'm stuck here. I aimed to be out ten years ago and living in Canada, but it all fell apart. So I'm still here witnessing the demise of my country. I know most members are in the USA and you have your own issues there that Brits don't connect with, but ditto here too r.e. the EU, which people in the USA generally have no clue about. However, now that Obama is broking the TTIP in addition to his deal the opposite side of the world too it looks like the USA will have the global economy truly sewn up and I'd like to read opinions on that conspiracy too.

Probably enough for now. Hope to make my required comments qutoa soon so I can ask my questions. Bye for now.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpBox

A rule follower huh?
Welcome.
We all have questions...divided by oceans or not...
See you around!

(post by BestinShow removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Seven seas one ship, seven seas two suns
Welcome to you
there is room
room for you

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I joined ATS back in 2008, checked it out for a few weeks, then forgot about it. Last week it came to mind again, so I've been reading posts, checking out what's on people's minds right now. And I just noticed that I made my first post today.

There was a thread the other day about staying strong in your views. There will always be a lot of people who disagree with you, get upset at what you've said. That's their thing. You just keep doing yours; it's good to express one's self.

Welcome!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So welcome back.

Why, you ask? Its about control. I'd show you a picture of Morpheus holding up cash instead of a battery, but I couldn't find one.

So here…

Control

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

An immediately hostile reply for no reason whatsoever.. very odd.. I don't understand it.. never understood how anyone can say what you've wrote - so actually, yes, you are right then, we're not going to get along are we! How very astute of you. I don't understand your harsh reasoning, though you'll probably write some fine challenging arguments!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Stroika

Hi. Thanks for replying.

I never expect anyone to agree with me. I never write to be agreed with. What I dislike is when replies get personal and instead of responding to posts people attack the poster, which is wrong in my book and I never do it. I don't understand the purpose of it and it's the reason I leave forums. I like when people disagree with me, but write why and give a valid argument to support it - I respect that. That's better in fact than when someone agrees!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hi. Thank you. We all have to abide by some rules don't we? I enjoy reading what concerns you in the USA, because it's often so very different to what we're concerned about in the UK and so it educates me to think in a different context.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Hi. Thank you for your poem!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hi. Thank you for replying! But is it really all about the money... only about the money? Really?? What if that's what they want us to assume?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DumpBox
a reply to: Stroika

Hi. Thanks for replying.

I never expect anyone to agree with me. I never write to be agreed with. What I dislike is when replies get personal and instead of responding to posts people attack the poster, which is wrong in my book and I never do it. I don't understand the purpose of it and it's the reason I leave forums. I like when people disagree with me, but write why and give a valid argument to support it - I respect that. That's better in fact than when someone agrees!

The seas are rough enough without we harassing, devaluing one another instead of discussing issues, ideas, stories, thoughts.

I respect your point of view.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DumpBox
a reply to: intrptr

Hi. Thank you for replying! But is it really all about the money... only about the money? Really?? What if that's what they want us to assume?

Well, it would have been harder to show Morpheus holding up greed and power. However the word he did use was "control".

One answer to why. Ever known any control freaks? Their insatiable, their fulfillment is derived from running everyone and everything around them.

With world leaders, that translates to everyone and everything in the world. The whole world. And that still won't be enough…

it explains millions of dead in recent conflicts called war, because megalomania refuses to step down and be reasonable.

Anyway, this is a welcome forum, I'll see ya 'round the boards. Glad you're here.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard (again) DumpBox,
I hope you find it more interesting this time around.

WIS

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I agree with WalkinSilence. That was unnecessary and rude to post in an intro. His view does not represent the majority of the members here. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi. Welcome to the forum!
edit on 22-9-2015 by SeanThomaspoon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join