It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli forces storm courtyard of Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

www.rt.com... witterfeed

Dozens of Israeli police and soldiers carried out a morning raid on the Al-Aqsa mosque in occupied Jerusalem. Witnesses said concussion grenades and tear gas were used and several Palestinians were injured. During the raid, the Israelis surrounded the compound, detaining two guards and entering through the Chain Gate. Scores of worshipers were inside the mosque at the time.Reports by the Jerusalem Post indicate the raid was part of a security operation, involving a search for explosives. The police and the Shin Bet security forces earlier received information of a security threat posed by Muslim elements.

Is it just me this was less of a raid and more of a middle finger. I asked some of my Muslim friends and they told me this mosque is the third holiest mosque. It is unclear if they did get any explosives in the raid. Is this some way to inflame the M.E ? Maybe an some kind of a bait in order to get a reaction ?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Israel does what it does best....Start #

Yup they sure do love poking that caged Lion.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

It will be interesting to see if ISIS reacts to this.

If it does then it will go a long way to prove that Israel is not funding ISIS, although didn't Netty say there was no threat from ISIS to Israel? Only a fool would not ask how he knew that.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Is this some way to inflame the M.E

NO.

It's about security for non Muslims who may want to visit the site.

Violence at the site has flared in the past year as Palestinians have been riled by visits by non-Muslims, including ultranationalist Jews, to the compound.

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If they had actionable intell then good for Israel

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Reports by the Jerusalem Post indicate the raid was part of a security operation, involving a search for explosives.

That 'raid' was state sponsored terrorism.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Very refreshing to hear the voice of truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Reports by the Jerusalem Post indicate the raid was part of a security operation, involving a search for explosives.

Read tsurfer2000h's post right above yours....

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

It will be interesting to see if ISIS reacts to this.

If it does then it will go a long way to prove that Israel is not funding ISIS, although didn't Netty say there was no threat from ISIS to Israel? Only a fool would not ask how he knew that.

They defeated 3 major ME countries while still just a small , young country themselves and you doubt ? About why IS (whatever) would not attack ?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Is this some way to inflame the M.E

NO.

It's about security for non Muslims who may want to visit the site.

Violence at the site has flared in the past year as Palestinians have been riled by visits by non-Muslims, including ultranationalist Jews, to the compound.

english.alarabiya.net...

No it's deeper than just that .

NEWS

MIDDLE EAST

Israeli police storm Jerusalem’s al-Aqsa mosque

Israeli security forces arrest a Palestinian woman during clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli police after authorities limited access for Muslim worshipers to the flashpoint al-Aqsa mosque compound in the old city of Jerusalem on July 26, 2015. (AFP)

Tweet

By Reuters | Occupied Jerusalem
Sunday, 26 July 2015

Masked rock-throwing Palestinians and Israeli police using stun grenades clashed on Sunday at al-Aqsa mosque plaza, on the annual Jewish day of mourning for Jerusalem's two destroyed Biblical temples.

No serious injuries were reported at the site, which lies in the Israeli-occupied walled Old City and is revered by Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary and by Jews as the Temple Mount where two temples once stood.

A police spokeswoman said Palestinians had prepared makeshift barricades and used rocks, metal bars and flares to attack police who came to dismantle them.

Police used stun grenades to push protesters back into the mosque and stepped inside its entrance way to close its main doors, which the spokeswoman said had been jammed open by rock-throwers.

Israeli police, following long-standing procedures, do not venture further into the mosque, Islam's third holiest shrine, and violence usually subsides quickly, as it did on Sunday, after Palestinian demonstrators take refuge inside.

Jewish ultranationalists have been pushing the Israeli government to allow Jewish prayer on the compound outside al-Aqsa, which stands above the Western Wall

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19806190]maddy21[/post

Happy New Year!!

edit on 13-9-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: intrptr

Read tsurfer2000h's post right above yours….

Authorities have used the same tactic in the past in a bid to restore calm and which has seen them briefly enter.

"Calm restored" with tear gas and stun grenades.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
Israeli forces storm courtyard of Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem !!

You mean courtyard of the destroyed jewish temple.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Israel has run a huge campaign of misinformation screaming to the world that other countries are 'going to destroy it, wipe it off the face of the world'!

Suddenly Netty decides its 'not at risk' Come off it, this is a major change of policy from the usual one. So you are saying that ISIS, with all its atrocities against non sunni muslims doesn't pose a threat to Israel. How come, unless you know something the rest of the world can only speculate on, that ISIS is no threat.

By the way some ME countries have very good armies themselves and Israel's war was won a very long time ago - past glories despite when you have nuclear weapons, don't necessarily reflect the outcome of warfare today. Also Israel's policy regarding Gaza and illegal settlements has lost Israel respect and friends something else to be remembered.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Really because your source says pretty much the same thing.

It's about keeping those who are non muslims safe at the site...Just because ultranationalist was mentioned doesn't mean they are any different than another visitor to the mosque who aren't muslim.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
A revered Islamic mosque and Jewish holy site within 130 meters of each other within the same piece of real estate......well, I don't know about you but I just can't figure out why it's not all gum-drops and lollipops!

Clusterflux of a situation - maybe they should engage the ancient archaeology and holy site demolition company known as ISIS to level the entire joint and build the 3rd temple and just get the apocalypse over with already.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Kapusta

Really because your source says pretty much the same thing.

It's about keeping those who are non muslims safe at the site...Just because ultranationalist was mentioned doesn't mean they are any different than another visitor to the mosque who aren't muslim.

Hey fella , that is from YOUR source .

Ultranationlist have a long history of starting # with not only Muslims but Christians and jews them selfs . don't take my word for it ! A little youtube search will yield plenty of disgusting videos of them harassing Muslims, Christans, jews.

I stand firm when I say they are stirring the pot.

It's a measure byond just "keeping people safe "

extreme devotion to or advocacy of the interests of a nation

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Israel has run a huge campaign of misinformation screaming to the world that other countries are 'going to destroy it, wipe it off the face of the world'!

Not exactly they are going to , but the threat of it. Someone threatens me , I have a tendency to believe and treat it very seriously...How bout you ?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The muslims took the Temple mount from the christians in April 637 AD
en.wikipedia.org...(637)

The christians took the Temple mount from the muslims in July 1099 AD
en.wikipedia.org...(1099)

The muslims took the Temple mount from the christians in October 1187 AD
en.wikipedia.org...(1187)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Sad news.

I am wonder how would react Isreal's goverment in response on the same kind of action in their synagogue.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join