It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate anti-gay people!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

I'm not angry in the slightest and I have no agenda either. The LGBT community can do whatever they want and I reserve the same right. The OP clearly stated that he discriminates against people in a professional capacity, due to their political beliefs.

That is not satire.
edit on 14 9 2015 by SlowNail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: sn0rch

I'm not angry in the slightest and I have no agenda either. The LGBT community can do whatever they want and I reserve the same right. The OP clearly stated that he discriminates against people in a professional capacity,due to their political beliefs.

That is not satire.

Being homophobic is now a 'political belief'?.....

Do you also consider racism to be a 'political belief'?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

1. Gay rights, human rights, workers rights. It's all political mate.

2. What has racism got to do with anything?

And 3. For the record, taking a stance against gay rights doesn't make you homophobic. That's just a word that is selectively misused by LGBT proponents when they've run out of debate options.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

1. Gay rights, human rights, workers rights. It's all political mate.

Denying someone there basic human rights due to there sexuality is discrimination and is in no way similar to workers rights.

2. What has racism got to do with anything?

Its discrimination just like racism, no matter how you atempt to twist it.

And 3. For the record, taking a stance against gay rights doesn't make you homophobic. That's just a word that is selectively misused by LGBT proponents when they've run out of debate options.

Oh its for the record? Well then thats that settled then.......did someone say something about runing out of debate options?....

Not giving people basic rights ourely because you dont like their biological makeup is a form of prejudice and discrimination, ergo its homophobic.

If it walks like a duck....

edit on 14-9-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Taking a stance against Gay(Equal( Rights, means you are against GLBTQ+ people, or at least seeing them as Equals to 'Straight' people who get these "Rights"...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I got a gay cousin and I have met a few gay people in the psych ward, one came on to me. I believe they should have equal rights and equality, and anybody who disagrees with that is using a form of prejudice not unlike racism. It's just complicated with marriage comes religious freedom or whatever dumbass thing they are calling it. Where someone can deny them the right to marry based on the religion they believe even though they have rights and they changed laws? My uncle said when he went to desert storm on Facebook some didn't want to go and where held in stockades I think and given dishonorable discharge, pull the trigger and don't ask questions. He said that girl knew the decision she made and belongs to be in jail. Then they freed her five days later and Mike Huckabee said he would do the same thing. They should of left her in jail for discrimination and failure to do her job. It's complicated when you think of all the layers of politics involved. And how is Donald Trump winning all he ever does is F up , he isn't a very intelligent man does anyone want him talking to world leaders and has his finger on our nukes.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm not denying anyone's rights. That's something you'll have to take up with the politicians.

I'm really not sure what your point is. You're all over the place. Discrimination is bad. Yes. Racism is bad. Yes.

Are you saying it's okay to (discriminate) give someone bad service because of their stance on gay rights? That they must be racist too? That sits right with your equal rights dogma?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Agreed. That's not really synonymous with homophobia buzzword though. Disagreeing with the fundamentals doesn't necessarily mean you hate or fear gay people.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I didn't even know this thread was still going I was just in a mood haha.

My post is meant to read as ironic.

It used to be I was surrounded by more people that spoke out against gays, some years ago it was louder than the new trend.

The new trend is to hate, berate, discriminate against people that still hold those old views.

My post, in short, is meant to say:

Hating someone for their beliefs and wah of life is always wrong.

Desiring to jail people that are against gay rights is in the same vicinity as wanting to jail people for being gay.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Completely opposite of what I wanted to say, maybe I'm reading my post completely differently than anyone else - I am saying that I care for and tolerate gay people, but I also care for and tolerate anti-gay people. Hating either group would be a negative thing in my mind. But the trend now days is to yell for pitch forks when someone anti-gay is on the media. Like the cake baker that didn't want to bake for a gay wedding - I sympathize, and still care for that person even though I don't agree. .

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I'm not denying anyone's rights. That's something you'll have to take up with the politicians.

Nobody said you personally were denying anything, it's the average homophobe on the street denying services and treating homosexuals as second class citizens that we need to take it up with. You're very defensive on this....

I'm really not sure what your point is. You're all over the place. Discrimination is bad. Yes. Racism is bad. Yes.

Point is that homophobia and racism are not merely 'political beliefs' as you put it, that description only serves to marginalize the whole issue. It's generally used by those that just want to be homophobic on an accepted level.

Are you saying it's okay to (discriminate) give someone bad service because of their stance on gay rights? That they must be racist too? That sits right with your equal rights dogma?

You sound worried?....and did you really just accuse me of being 'all over the place?....

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I never said homophobia and racism are political beliefs. You're trying to put words in my mouth.

Let's erroneously assume that all who oppose gay rights are homophobic.

Your average 'homophobe' can't give you gay rights. That's why it's a political issue. Nor is it okay to discriminate against that person for their political/cultural/religious views (delete as appropriate and/or acceptable).

Why should I be worried?

Refer to OP to his admission of giving preferential professional treatment to those more aligned with his agenda. That, sir, is discrimination. It's not satire, as some are claiming, which was my sole point in this thread before being baited into spelling everything out. Deadlyhope is right though, it's definitely ironic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join