It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful New Interior Video of Space-X's Human Spaceflight Dragon Capsule

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I will reserve my full review until I get a live test of the operational system under my belt. Until then I will just say nice looking cockpit.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
Here is the interior of a Russian Soyuz for comparison:

To be fair to the Soyuz space program, they've been using a more modern, "glass cockpit" version of the capsule since 2002 (Soyuz TMA), which was further updated in 2010 (Soyuz TMA-M).

As for the Dragon capsule design, judging by the video it looks very "strict" in terms of colours, being practically all black&white, like something out of the Imperial spaceship interiors in Star Wars. I think it looks too sterile and somewhat opressive. The interior of the Soyuz habitation module is more easy on the eye:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
they will all be relegated to lifeboat status when i build mah star cruiser.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The seats don't look very comfortable,they could at least have given them Recaros or similar.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
The seats don't look very comfortable,they could at least have given them Recaros or similar.

I don't like the way that the majority of the vid was staring at the ass end of the seats and the seat leg rests and attach points. 3 seconds of control panel the rest is seats. what's up with that?

why not show more of the panel, the portholes, the hatch. show the panel being raised and lowered? anything but the bottom view of the darned seats.
edit on 13-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: zenartist
The more modern control display is nice but with so many controls on display .. if the display goes down you lose it all .. as opposed to discrete switches for each function

In irrational fear. Almost everything is controlled by computers or rather microcontrollers these days, even your car. Despite the millions of cars, trains, planes tv's , washing machines etc etc the faults when they do occur are almost always mechanical or human.

So thank god for the electronic controls !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Am i the only person here wanting to watch a set of DD's in zero gravity......guess so...

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Am i the only person here wanting to watch a set of DD's in zero gravity......guess so...

This video is for you, then...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
The difference is that, one is a government agency and the other is a private one with glitz and glamour. Both I am sure performs quite well.

Really?

If you think that the private sector are the only ones capable of producing modern, high tech space vehicles, then how do you explain the X-37B?

From what I understand, it's so modern and high tech that it doesn't even require seats or an instrument/control panel.

Just because government(s) don't always go around showing off their latest technology doesn't mean that they don't possess it, or that they're incapable of producing it.

I don't think the world got a glimpse of the F-117 stealth fighter until it was almost 20 yrs. old.

I don't have any proof to back up my claim, but I'd just bet that our government has space vehicles that don't even need a conventional heat shield.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sirChill

Thats why spacex have gone for the capsule design as the soyuz has been so successful.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
well with chemical propulsion physics, with the huge engineering knowledge base available for such designs and with the economics of spaceflight development so far you have to have very good reasons for departing from the proven conservative capsule concept.

Some day we will. perhaps as the result of REL corp's Skylon and the Air Forces little mini spy shuttle plane thing and the marines desire for a TAV transport. Or perhaps the development of new physics will make larger ships more practical sooner than we think.

one day we will have real space cruisers.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Here is the interior of a Russian Soyuz for comparison:

To be fair to the Soyuz space program, they've been using a more modern, "glass cockpit" version of the capsule since 2002 (Soyuz TMA), which was further updated in 2010 (Soyuz TMA-M).

As for the Dragon capsule design, judging by the video it looks very "strict" in terms of colours, being practically all black&white, like something out of the Imperial spaceship interiors in Star Wars. I think it looks too sterile and somewhat opressive. The interior of the Soyuz habitation module is more easy on the eye:

That definately looks "lived in". Almost smelly.

I prefer the antiseptic look of the Space-X capsul.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There are no uses for wings in the vacuum of space (unless they doubled as solar collectors) so capsules make a lot of sense. I'm sure we will see future spaceplanes used to shuttle people to and from low earth orbit but the real exploration of space won't be any things with wings. nor will they necessarily even look sleek if they have no reason to be aerodynamic (i.e.: stormbringer's space cruisers).
edit on 14-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There are no uses for wings in the vacuum of space (unless they doubled as solar collectors) so capsules make a lot of sense. I'm sure we will see future spaceplanes used to shuttle people to and from low earth orbit but the real exploration of space won't be any things with wings. nor will they necessarily even look sleek if they have no reason to be aerodynamic (i.e.: stormbringer's space cruisers).

solar collectors and radiators. thermal management is already a big problem and will get worse with larger general purpose craft and even more so on top of that if we ever use fission or fusion reactors to power large craft. plus new propulsion systems might require separation from the habitable sections of the ship plus protrusions may be needed for centrifuges

not to mention space cruisers just look cooler with protrusions from the primary hull.

edit on 14-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

solar collectors and radiators. thermal management is already a big problem and will get worse with larger general purpose craft and even more so on top of that if we ever use fission or fusion reactors to power large craft. plus new propulsion systems might require separation from the habitable sections of the ship plus protrusions may be needed for centrifuges

not to mention space cruisers just look cooler with protrusions from the primary hull.

I was going to mention radiators but I thought people might think of the thing in their car and go "huh?"

<< 1   >>

join