It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Totally Different Toucan Sam

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

That's the beak shape I remember.

For me it was always "Fruit" Loops.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Why not? Many things are trademarked. A few other examples: Frosted Flakes, Honeycomb, Raisin Bran...hell, there is even a cereal called "Life," although I'm not sure how the trademark works for that one.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

No it has ALWAYS been FROOT Loops

Toucan Sam was created by Manuel R. Vega in the early 60s as the official mascot of Froot Loops. Can you spot any similarities and trends that we discussed before with Tony in the original Sam?

designshack.net...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
There's no fruit in those loops, so froot is much more appropriate.
I thought Toucan Sam had some yellow on him, but I don't look at froot loops, so I'm probly wrong.

That's why the name was chosen if they had called it fruit loops would have caused them to be shut down by the govt. They cannot advertise it contains fruit it doesnt. People thought it was called fruit loops because humans when reading do not read the entire word. Here read this

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

There are different kinds of "fruit" products.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.kelloggs.com...

I always assumed they called it "Fruit" Loops to stress the sugary flavour of their product, or to downplay how unhealthy it probably is.
edit on 12-9-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
OMG! The Mandela effect? For all the conspiracy types.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: Bedlam

Why not? Many things are trademarked. A few other examples:Frosted Flakes, Honeycomb, Raisin Bran...hell, there is even a cereal called "Life," although I'm not sure how the trademark works for that one.

Actually, I'd argue that Frosted Flakes isn't actually trademarked because every off-brand of cereal has their own "Frosted Flakes" whereas they have to come up with funky names for every other type of cereal.

Honeycomb is also questionable. I have a bag of it I just looked at and it doesn't appear to have a registered trademark icon by the name as other brands of cereal do.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

Actually, I'd argue that Frosted Flakes isn't actually trademarked because every off-brand of cereal has their own "Frosted Flakes" whereas they have to come up with funky names for every other type of cereal.

That's why it's always called 'Kellogg's Frosted Flakes.' Even in the jingle.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

Don't know what to tell you but I worked with a guy years back that would not do business with companies who intentionally misspelled things. Krispy kreme, kwik Mart, I guess add froot loops to the mix.

Had this real problem with educational standards declining and these companies were adding to the problem. Little off topic but I saw the op and immediately thought of that guy.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You know all the colours taste the same.

You know what changed with the cereal?
Where is the toy!
I went to the store the other day I wanted some crappy cereal and I looked up and down the isle
for the cereal with the best toy... Not one had a toy

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Pebujesa

Sad, isn't it? The little toy mazes, the plastic whistles, the 3D glasses, the baking powder powered submarines....Gone. All gone.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Kinda hard to compete with the R-Phone 6 or whatever other one is hot at the moment. Walking through the grocery store can actually be a hazard now due to people including children busy on what ever electronic goodies they own. There were times my brother and I conspired to buy a cereal just for the toy, not because we liked it or would eat it.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Oh FFS, give the "Mandela" crap a rest. Here's a logical approach: if everyone but you remembers something the same way, the problem is you & your brain, not the others. I stumbled on (and sometimes still do) the spellings of a few words myself. For example, I used to spell Furby (the toy) as Firby because Kirby was similar in sound. My brain got hung up on that. I didn't shift from another dimension, I was just an idiot. At least I'm ok with saying "Yeah, my bad, I was dumb, no actual spelling change there."

Froot Loops? Has always been double O's in both words. Just because your brain auto-corrects the spelling doesn't make it suspect.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Is this another satire trap? Oo

For the love of god baby jesus and allah, please tell me you dont think marketing is a sign of something sinister.

the old bird was old. everything, even bloody bugs bunny, is different now. We change, images change, icons become more evolved.. coke is not what it used to look like either.

and thats not a sign of dementia, time shifts or alternate realities..

it's bloody marketing...

No one wants a wench in a corset carrying a platter into a living room full of dappr gentlemen quaffing snifters of brandy and choking down cigars, unless they live in the 1700's...

so no one wants your grand dads flaming toucan on his box of sweet crap.

edit on 13-9-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Wait,wait,wait, the real problem here is that you are in your 30's and still eating froot loops. Can you say, diabetes? Or is it diabeetus? I distinctly remember wilford brimley saying diabeetus. Maybe im in a time slip. Anyways. Stop making stupid threads.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is a stupid thread but I also remember fruit loops not froot loops. I didnt eat them as a kid, but I was walking past them in the supermarket aisle a few months ago and noticed the froot instead of fruit and thought it looked strange. I have a possible explanation, and that is in Australia it was fruit not froot. Maybe in the UK and US it has always been froot and they have just now changed it in Aus?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The really tragic thing... They don't sell Froot Loops in South Africa anymore. Sure we've got half a dozen different flavors of "Coco Pops" - but no Froot Loops or Honey Smacks... Who the hell eats Coco Pops anyway!? Another sign of the end of times if you ask me...

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Sad, isn't it? The little toy mazes, the plastic whistles, the 3D glasses, the baking powder powered submarines....Gone. All gone.

Those toys launched legends ever hear of a guy named captain crunch (telephone hacker) sad times when the toys are gone, the cereal taste the same, full of dyes, and call it froot not fruit.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

i eat cap'n crunch in a jethro bowl when i get the late night munchie's.
can't beat cap'n crunch.

and i have da beaties, well i think, i don''t go see quacks so i'm doing fine, 53 years old and take no meds what so ever.

edit on 13-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I'll tell you what got me off of the sugar breakfast. Add up how many grams of sugar there are in your jethro bowl. Each gram is a teaspoon of sugar. Put that many teaspoons in a bowl next to your cereal. Then just eat the sugar. Or throw it all away and have some bacon and eggs with some fruit. Bacon is like the fruit of a pig.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join