It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Totally Different Toucan Sam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
just dipped into supermarket and was shocked to see fruit loops cereal box has changed to frOOt loops. that's two more OO's than it used to have.

for reference, i'm in my 30s and was born 1984.

the box just looks so wrong.. not cuz the 'spelling' is wrong, but that's not how it USED to be spelled. what else will change next? and are the changes just in common mispellings on 'purpose' so the underlying phenomena is conveniently dismissable?

i'm sure there's been conversations on the topic going online somewhere for years but i just got in, the frozen yogurts melting, and a quick search for froot/fruit loops on ATS yields nothing as far as conspiracy topics.

what gives?! as much as i'd rather this simply be early onset alzheimer's (sp?), my fond childhood memories photographically tell me this is NOT how the boxes' AND the TOUCAN SAM commercials' spelling used to look at all! which is weird cuz OO should look more consistent with the OOs already in the other word as well as the cereal shape itself. i know product mascots evolve over time, but words can hardly express how DIFFERENT toucan sam looks. (for instance, he used to have a more toco toucan bill shape, but a more keel-billed toucan color). his bill stripes seem inverted if anything. i remember there was bright green on his bill but its gone now, its a totally different spectrum of colors now on his bill and no longer vibrant, even accounting for poor vcr quality.

old commercials look like glimpses into another reality. since they're that old (80s) i expect them to look like they used to., but seem ALIEN!

did the company change the product name at some point, or what? ditto for the total mascot makeover?

are there any other cereal names that changed or seem to have changed, at all? dang, the fy's melting.. i'll watch some more yt's of the old commercials again once unpack and then try to gauge my sanity anew! are there any remastered old commercials? cuz something looks totally wrong with these ones, they look alien like of an imposter toucan sam, not the one i once knew!

edit on 12-9-2015 by Sovan because: +vid

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

You've finally gone Froot Loops. Too much ATS.

Your not doing yourself any favors showing an advert from the 80's which shows the same Sam.....
edit on 12-9-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
indeed, time to take a vacay.. it's a dreadful feeling of betrayal and know ATS isn't at fault! i'll be back!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
As with most brands that have been around for awhile, the Froot Loops logo and Toucan Sam have gone through several iterations and have been updated/modernized, but they're still more or less how they've always been. Originally, Toucan Sam had two pink stripes on his beak instead of one, but that was changed a long time ago. The spelling has never changed.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well I am older than you and always remember it as "Froot Loops". The box has changed of course as has Toucan Sam. It is call a marketing update which is done all the time. We remember it the way we saw it as children and expect it to remain the same. Captain Crunch was always my favorite and yes they changed the Captain and the box over time, to keep up with the times. I just don't remember it any other way as far as spelling but the bird has changed and even the TV commercials changed but not any altered reality or time shift just a marketing campaign getting jazzed up

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There's no fruit in those loops, so froot is much more appropriate.
I thought Toucan Sam had some yellow on him, but I don't look at froot loops, so I'm probly wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sovan
indeed, time to take a vacay.. it's a dreadful feeling of betrayal and know ATS isn't at fault! i'll be back!

Be sure and have a good, long rest.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I am getting tired of saying this to critics of this subject but please, if you want to comment, try to read and understand what we are saying. We are saying that things are not the way they used to be (for us.) He is saying that the cereal and appearance of the character (Toucan Sam) have changed and have always been the way they currently are, but he remembers it differently. So do I and many others. Please understand what you're criticizing before you criticize it.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

This 'Mandela Effect' is affecting lots of people. I clearly remember "Fruit Loops" as well. I also remember Toucan Sam's beak very differently and thanks for mentioning it! I'd assumed it was just a recent change and wondered why they made his beak so oversized and plain-looking. Although I do not remember the exact colours, I do remember his beak being shaped like a toucan's beak.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
They don't have any U's or I's in the cereal box so it is self explanatory.

Don't see any conspiracy other than them trying to personalize the name to the product in the box.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Quisp is 51 years old this week..

And it has always been "FROOT LOOPS".....

www.google.com... jw
edit on 12-9-2015 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Toucan Sam has not changed much, except for the fruity hat. But originally their was two friuts that spelled Froot.

Circa 1963 to present

Another old Froot Loops box

edit on 9/12/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
"Fruit Loops" wouldn't be trademarkable. That's why you see goofy spelling in product names.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

They've always been Froot Loops with the "deliciously fruity taste." It would be false advertising to call them Fruit Loops.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It would be cool to bring back the "retro" look on the box. I might actually buy them again if they did. Either way, no matter the look on the box, I never tasted any difference in the colors of loops. And I did seperate many by color to try to tell the difference. They all taste like very sweet loops to me.

I like the old look better for sure. A lot of mascots seem to have the softer cartoonish look these days. Froot Loops has only changed slightly in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Toucan Sam has not changed much, except for the fruity hat. But originally their was two friuts that spelled Froot.

Circa 1963 to present

Another old Froot Loops box

Ah, it's clear from the old boxes how someone's mind could have replaced the lemon and orange with whatever letters their mind wanted...hence the OP's recollection they were Fruit Loops.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
No, I remember it "FROOT LOOPS" as a kid. Sorry...?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Also, notice how the cereal pieces have bit of white frosting on them. Froot is close to Frost ... there's another reason it was done that way.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
There's no fruit in those loops

^ This.

You should have just dropped the mic.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I don't see a conspiracy either. I have no idea why the mainstream media and critics of the 'Mandela Effect' keep referring to this as a "conspiracy theory."

Some people online have talked about the possibility of some kind of time travel interference, but there are many other theories floating around as well, the most prominent of which seem to be either timeline changes (alternate realities) or that our reality has changed and not everyone remembers the difference (which is what I'm leaning to.)

Most are just perplexed and don't know what to think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join