It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another day of cyber-warfare on the Interweb(s)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Can't say where this comes from, but apparently just another cyber-engagement going-on. Sometimes we as consumers "feel" it, sometimes we probably do not.

edit on 2015-9-12 by EnhancedInterrogator because: trying to get the pic/url thing working right.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

Most of the web is hosted in the USA so its always going to be a target and remember all they can tell is where the attack is supposed to be launched from, its a bit like getting a nasty letter with a post mark from some country.

Most of the high volume traffic attacks is from compromised systems full of all sorts of sh-t and sold on the black market so for all you know the guy next door could be renting a botnet half way across the world to take your company down because you parked in his spot...the prices for botnets can be that low as you can rent per hour or crapton of abuse

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Easy solution, don't put anything that you do not want compromised online.

It seems every place I have worked, some network geek had to upgrade or replace old standalone computers, that controlled some hardware or logged status of something.
The replacement always needed to have internet access for "remote administration" on the odd chance it just had to be used from a distance.

Cyber warfare is only going to get worse as this mentality continues. There are some things that should not be networked, connected and shared.

(Sometimes I am amazed there is not more of a problem.)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I live and breath it every day. You see some of the damage through breaches that are announced in the media. Sadly, there are far more serious skirmishes that you have never and likely will never know about.

new topics

top topics

join