It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lynch Orders Prosecutors To Lock Up Wall Street Execs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
These Exec's have played fast and loose, and in some instances downright evil and illegally for a while. A long while. Something came to mind.... If Trump gets elected, we may see a mass exodus of these Exec types, to avoid investigation and likely prosecution. Just a thought ?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is great, as long as you lock up the criminals in the government that enable them to steal. Oops, that would mean millions, including senators, representatives and most of the executive branch.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Why is it too late?

This situation is only "too late" if we allow it to be.

If this new AG is actually willing to go after these people? Good for her. No, never too late.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Well, that would be a change! We'll see...

These days, a "promise" from a US government agency doesn't mean much.

It would be good to see the actual wording of the memo rather than someone's second or third and interpretation of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The market does not work that way, the damage is already done.

The market is like water, it always finds its own level. It's been built up too high with 'empty speculation' etc., to put this in easy terms. The balancing act is coming from what was done post 2013.

Also, if you are one that's going to lose your entire retirement are you really going to feel(be) better off when the money is gone for good and some random people are put in jail. Ask any Madoff victim, sure they wanted him in jail but what they really wanted was their money back. Some got a little, most didn't get anything.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
These Exec's have played fast and loose, and in some instances downright evil and illegally for a while. A long while. Something came to mind.... If Trump gets elected, we may see a mass exodus of these Exec types, to avoid investigation and likely prosecution. Just a thought ?

Or, maybe they were just doing their job. Just because they were making money doesn't necessarily mean they're capitalists. What if they're economic saboteurs? There is nothing that I know of that would keep people who absolutely hate capitalism out of top positions at various corporations. All it would take is good acting. We see good acting on TV every day so it obviously isn't impossible.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This relates to the prosecution of crimes in the future. By then, who will remember that this happened?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

A tad bit too late if you ask me.

The market is on the verge right now and one slip everyone's going to fall.
Oh, yea I forgot, how could I be so stupid, they need scapegoats for what's about to happen so we have a target for all our future stone throwing.

And here I thought things were looking up. Silly me.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. ...But things could change if Trump's elected. Probably why he's running. More bail-outs instead of arrests.

edit on 18/9/15 by soficrow because: to add more

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: seagull

The market does not work that way, the damage is already done.

The market is like water, it always finds its own level. It's been built up too high with 'empty speculation' etc., to put this in easy terms. The balancing act is coming from what was done post 2013.

Also, if you are one that's going to lose your entire retirement are you really going to feel(be) better off when the money is gone for good and some random people are put in jail. Ask any Madoff victim, sure they wanted him in jail but what they really wanted was their money back. Some got a little, most didn't get anything.

Just because reparations might not be made is not a reason to NOT criminally charge and prosecute those guilty. In fact, the attitude of "too late" to do any good is basically the same as "too big to fail". It offers no threat of punishment or accountability by the criminals. If nothing is done to call out and punish the guilty then the corruption and mutiny of justice just continues to grow. There need to be boundaries and there HAVE to be consequences for violations. It's better late than never.

Once again, she is just getting started. The republicans were doing everything in their power to oppose her appointment so there was great delay in her tackling the monsters set before her. Give her a chance.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Your absolutely right, just I feel most won't have anything after the next 'fleecing' occurs and those accountable have already made adequate plans to leave scott free.
Hence my statement, this should have been instituted in 2008, amongst other things, not after the fact.
Thank the Obama administration for making the economy strong again and creating the largest bubble in history, question is what will make it pop.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join