It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver judge orders DA Morrissey to explain why deputy not prosecuted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
well i thought i would post my first cop trashing thread.
if you've ever read any of my posts in one, i don't really have a whole lot of sympathy for suspects that get their ass handed to them when they fight the law, or one s that get killed resisting.

but in the same threads though, i always call one out when it is a clear abuse issues such as this. there is a video on the page, and i'll post another one that is lager.

On Sept. 11, 2012, Deputy Brady Lovingier grabbed Waller by chains around his waist and slammed him into a window frame inside a courtroom. Lovingier, who is white, called Waller, who is black, "boy" as he ordered him to get up.

In a courtroom security video, Waller appeared to be calm as he posed a question to Judge Doris Burd. Lovingier then touched Waller on the back, leading the inmate to turn around. That's when Lovingier grabbed him by the waist chains.

Waller suffered broken teeth, a fractured bone around his eye, a gash on his head and a closed head injury, according to the petition. Waller's back, neck, legs and ankles also were injured.

Denver judge orders DA Morrissey to explain why deputy not prosecuted

Bigger Video

what did the cop think the guy was gonna do? it's a normal reaction to turn and look at someone when you touched from behind. the guy didn't bow up, didn't do anything aggressive just looked. i really think this cop deserves to be charged and found guilty.

i all most forgot to post that the sheriff suspended the deputy for 30 days, and the he appealed it saying the guy was being aggressive and refused to follow orders.

Denver sheriff's deputy loses appeal for slamming handcuffed inmate

i guess he didn't watch the video.

also Waller has filed a lawsuit.

Anthony Waller's complaint, filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Denver, seeks $5 million in damages and an injunction that would allow the courts to supervise operations of the Denver jails. "For decades the Defendant the City and County of Denver has been incapable of stopping the use of excessive force by its law enforcement," the lawsuit says. "The only remedy is for outside intervention to address the systemic, culturally ingrained use of excessive force by Denver law enforcement."
Denver jail inmate assaulted in courtroom files federal lawsuit

in the video on this page it appears the cop does just like the other guy in the courtroom. reading the article sounds as if denver has got a lot of problems as anywhere else.

edit on 12-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Think we all know the reason he's not being prosecuted. That being he is a cop and as such above the law in certain respects. Should he have hit someone of monies and means I imagine the outcome would be considerably different.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

i mean the video speaks for itself.

i would love to know the mental process that drove this man to do this, and of course lies in his statement 'the defendant was being aggressive'. imagine that LEO with whatever mentality he has out patrolling the streets 'protecting and serving' with that kind of pent up aggression.

this isnt about training, there's no training that could have prevented this.its about routine simple psychological screenings for LEOs to determine if they are fit for duty...

the sad part is that the LEO will get a lawyer to defend him as if he's not blatantly guilty.
sadder is that he's not being prosecuted for any wrong doing... man alive

edit on 12-9-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

sadder is that he's not being prosecuted for any wrong doing... man alive

i don't know looks like that he and the DA are both in for some legal troubles.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That at least holds out some prospect for a measure of justice being dished out at some future date.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I would imagine he didn't get prosecuted due to the whole "son of retired sheriff" thing.

Though I'm honestly a little surprised. I would think that if a judge thought it was bad enough to file a complaint about the incident, the DA could read the writing on the wall there.

Apparently not.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Just goes to prove its not what you do it's who you know, or are related to, that counts where prosecution is concerned.

End of the day event's such as this do little to inspire confidence in the judicial system.

edit on 13-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
That DA should throw the deputy to the wolves.

Or else, he'll be on the menu too.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I'd go a step further and kick Judge Doris Burd off the bench and strip her of her license to practice law. The fact that she could allow that in her courtroom with the only comment of "Ooo la la" is asinine. She has no business being a judge or practicing law.

And we think this problem is ONLY LEOs? C'mon!!!

top topics

join