It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Chinese J-20 Stealth Fighter Prototype Rolled Out (7th)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It seems the Chinese have rolled out their seventh J-20 prototype. There are supposed to be a few differences. Can we spot them? I'm not in a good place to do so (holding a tble before my son's bday party at the park).

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If it's anything like their fake Persil it'll be crap.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

I can't look at it now, but they've been improving the sensors, and making small aerodynamic changes. They recently revealed a new IRST sensor that was going to become standard. They've also made changes to previous airframes, such as a different radome.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Lol, Chinese knockoff, stealth or not, is still just a cheap Chinese knockoff.....

I wonder if their planes last longer than anything else they make, or if they break the first time you use them to...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Looks like it may have the characteristics of an F4 Phantom.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

What little has leaked about it is impressive. It's a nice aircraft, and a total game changer for the region.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Or there fake Intel CPUs, those were just priceless.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So better than say a fishbed?
What western equivilant your guess?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Based on available data it's not far below an F-22. Needs better engines, and they'll never release any kind of RCS data to compare it, but it's naturally a reduced RCS design.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If anything I think it might be more of an FB type aircraft or missile truck. It is too big to be a real dog fighter. It has frontal aspect stealth shaping but lacks the scalloped exhaust nozzles to be quite as stealthy as the F-22 or F-35 from the rear unless they upgrade it in the future.
It seams to be designed to be a neighbor nation first strike aircraft. Get in and attack enemy air defenses and ground targets before have time to counter attack.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
How far behind anything the west has..ie, Murca.?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

No more than two generations, probably closer to 1.5.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i found footage of what happens when the chinese knock off takes on an american eagle:

owned! ...and the eagle looks pretty nonchalant about the whole affair.

edit on 12-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No more than two generations, probably closer to 1.5.

Hows there flight school.?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'd imagine they may go for more of a quantity over quality approach as if all they have to do is be able to get it up and to the location and launch the missiles and then land it approach and if the price of the fighter is cheap enough then an acceptable loss rate probably much above what most western airforces would tolerate.

For some reason i see china more as it wants enough to protect itself, so while the fighters not the greatest if suddenly a couple of f22/35's meet a couple of dozen cheap as chips fighters with good a2a missile tech will they last long?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Their pilots are fine. They're going to have problems with doctrine, because they're going to have to let their pilots be more independent, but that will come with time.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It looks competitive, somewhere between the PAK and F 22. Like a semi stealth Typhoon. The tail should change again if they manage to get the new engines.

At the end of the day 100 biplanes with a big IRST radars can take out 20 F 35s. Numbers matter when the tech level is close.

If stealth stops working the US airforce becomes gen 4. Without stealth the F35 isn't a match for most gen 4 fighters.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RanDeLv2

Are they going for vectored thrust in the new system mods?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks it looks like junk scrap metal welded together in ugly boxy shapes? You'd think a new plane would be sleek and shiny. This looks like a Vietnam war era throwback....

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The got the F 35 plans so I bet they have the Russian plans as well. The end game should be 3d vectoring.

I think it will be a matter of cost. China can't fight any country that has nukes. The planes are mostly for show. They will go with whatever is good enough to become a real player and increase their export chances.

Their export market is the same as the Russian one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join