It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Claims Religious Discrimination - Company Refuses to Print Fliers.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

did you watch the vid from today? When she made her speech before going in to work, she said none of those licenses are vaild. But, she loves everybody, because Jesus.

Oh, and yeah - she got all choked up because Jesus.
edit on 9/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

(Feel free to repost this in one of the other threads.)

edit on 9/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

She should be impeached simply for using her office as a podium to proselytize her religious beliefs. It's amazing how these people have no concept of "Separation of Church and State"!

I don't understand how refusing to authorize any marriage licenses at all, and refusing to authorize her clerks to authorize any marriage licenses at all, and THEN announcing on national television the licenses to be, therefore, void, ISN'T interfering with the process.

edit on 14-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if all of us who so easily offended by this silly woman's idiocy would just ignore her self-delusion if most of it wouldn't just go away all on its own...?

This persecution complex of some is annoying...and getting more so with every manufactured one I see.

Most of us have no clue what true persecution is like. ...and quite frankly, I've no desire to find out. I've heard the stories, seen the film of true persecution.

This silly woman's oh so horrible experience doesn't qualify. Roman era Christians would slap her silly. WWII era Jews would laugh in her face. Animists in Africa today would look at her like she was a moron.

She really does need to grow up.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
The previously struggling Pizza Parlor that refused to cater a gay wedding got $850,000 via gofundme for their tantrum.

Funny thing... No gay people ever requested they cater their wedding!

Again, this was a preemptive strike against gay people (just as Kim Davis' case is AND the bus driver in Calgary, who refused to drive a rainbow bus, if asked). NONE of these people were asked to violate their beliefs before they made a big STINK! They all freaked out at the mere mention that gay people have equal rights.

Fortunately, as Buzzy said, Go Fund Me told Davis to Go Fund Herself! LOL!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
did you watch the vid from today?

Yes. I saw that. I tell you, she thinks she's America's Darling.

She's causing a whole host of financial problems for her state. Fact is, they could save a lot of money by getting rid of county clerks altogether.

Kim Davis Makes KY Lawmakers Question ‘Whether County Clerks are Worth the Time and Money’

One of those clerks, Casey Davis of Casey County, has asked Beshear or the legislature to authorize the setup of a website that would issue all marriage licenses in the state.

But Keene said that would cost taxpayers money to set up and maintain, and the resulting discussion could open a debate over whether elected clerks were needed in each county.
Keene said both positions could likely be absorbed by professionals already employed by the state.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Isn't she being too Religious in Public, i mean keep it behind closed Doors, i don't want to see that in public.. ..

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

when is it not!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: libertytoall

The United States of America has utilized eugenics and racist policies in the past, you should stop paying taxes, and defund the Government! And, by the way, you should stop using phones, because Alexander Graham Bell also promoted eugenics. Be sure to lobby your Congressmen to defund the US military for their past racism too!

7 Beloved Famous People Who Were Wildly Pro-Eugenics

Maybe the only thing you need to learn is the difference between was and is. Past and present. I wouild rather deal with issues that exist in the present. You can't change things from the past, they no longer exist, but you do have the ability to control the present and future. I am not willing to turn a blind eye to a CURRENT racist threat simply by disguising it as something else.
edit on 14-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And, this is why the Office Depot clerk was right to refuse to print "hate speech". Her's and your agenda seeks to demonize women and their doctors who exercise their Constitutionally protected reproductive rights. Like her, you promote the condemnation of everyone who supports Planned Parenthood and their mission, labeling them as feeble minded, evil, immoral racist murderers.

Did you even read anything I wrote? I AM FOR A WOMANS REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS... I simply condemn planned parenthood solely for it's immoral ways of conducting medicine.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Whatever, those flyer promoted hate speech, and you fell into lock-step with their lying agenda. There's nothing immoral about the way Planned Parenthood does business. You just learned, from the CMP videos, that Planned Parenthood legally participates in fetal donation programs, and you're shocked.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

And, this is why the Office Depot clerk was right to refuse to print "hate speech". Her's and your agenda seeks to demonize women and their doctors who exercise their Constitutionally protected reproductive rights. Like her, you promote the condemnation of everyone who supports Planned Parenthood and their mission, labeling them as feeble minded, evil, immoral racist murderers.

So someone displays "graphic" images, photos of these reproductive rights in action......thats their constitutional protected right. I understand its not very good for the abortion industry on a PR level but the photos themselves are not a representation of a lie. It is what it is, the photos don't lie. How cant truth be hate speech?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Where do you get "graphic images" from "hate speech"? Where did I, or anyone else, complain about the flyer's "graphic" imagery"?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

How about getting a Cake Baked? or Pictures Taken?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

So someone displays "graphic" images, photos of these reproductive rights in action......thats their constitutional protected right. I understand its not very good for the abortion industry on a PR level but the photos themselves are not a representation of a lie. It is what it is, the photos don't lie. How cant truth be hate speech?

The member you are referring to (Windword) is not American and got just about every post made in this thread wrong. Office Depot has decided to print the flyers.

edit on 15-9-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

Wrong. I am an American Citizen, born and raised and living in the State of California.

Also, there were no graphic images in the flyer. The employee determined that the flyer contained "hate speech" and was within their rights to refuse to do the print job, according to company policy, however the customer in question was not turned away. The clerk told her that she could use the Office Depot customer self service copy machines and run the copies herself.

Office Depot corporate offices later said that they would print the flyers. Much ado about nothing.

edit on 15-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You're obviously refusing to read what I type. I SAID I SUPPORT a woman's right to choose as long as it leads to medicine being carried out by morally sound institutions. Planned Parenthood does not represent that. I'd rather woman go to their doctors or school nurses for birth control. They should be seen by someone who is accountable to a medical board. What we have instead is only slightly better than coat hangers in the streets.

As far as not printing the documents. Last I checked office depot was a private company and they can deny you service if they so decide without having to give reason.
edit on 15-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
I'd rather woman go to their doctors or school nurses for birth control.

Well, some women can't afford what you would rather they do. PP offers low-cost programs for people. If you don't want to go there, don't. But if PP were defunded or closed down, millions of men and women would be without reproductive health care.

I've yet to see one source that makes them out to be the baddies you are painting them to be. I went there many times in my youth and they helped me a LOT. That's where I learned to do a breast exam and it saved my life. So... let people be.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You're obviously refusing to read what I type. I SAID I SUPPORT a woman's right to choose as long as it leads to medicine being carried out by morally sound institutions.

I read what you wrote. Your assessment of Planned Parenthood's morality is based on misinformation and hyperbole. There is nothing immoral about Planned Parenthood's business practices.

Planned Parenthood does not represent that. I'd rather woman go to their doctors or school nurses for birth control.

For many. Planned Parenthood doctors are their regular and only doctors.

They should be seen by someone who is accountable to a medical board.

Why do you, wrongly, you think that Planned Parenthood doctors haven't been licensed or don't have to answer to medical oversight?

What we have instead is only slightly better than coat hangers in the streets.

That's just nonsense. Although, shuttering Planned Parenthood plus the push for enacting draconian abortion laws will make your fantasy come true.

edit on 15-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: libertytoall
I'd rather woman go to their doctors or school nurses for birth control.

Well, some women can't afford what you would rather they do. PP offers low-cost programs for people. If you don't want to go there, don't. But if PP were defunded or closed down, millions of men and women would be without reproductive health care.

Wrong. You simply fund the doctors and hospitals rather than some dark organization that has no oversight and which has been known to act immorally in many fronts. You don't teach 13 - 14 year olds sex positions and promote their having sex. Anyone outside planned parenthood would get arrested for talking about sex positions and explaining what feels good to a minor. Also, as I've stated before, planned parenthood has sterilized people without their knowledge by burying the authorization inside the lengthy paperwork for an abortion. That type of activity could not happen in a hospital or certified medical setting. Then you have the negotiating fetal body parts for profit. Another thing that could not happen in a certified medical setting.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join