It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answer to many mysteries?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

They're all in it together!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedoctorswife
a reply to: swanne

Would love to hear more about your theory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The size of our known universe is unbelievable. It is said that it was created some 13.8 billion years ago. And the visible known universe is 46.6 billion light years across, according to scientists. Here is a little video to give you an idea of the scale we are dealing with here:

Perhaps some have seen this before.

Okay, so we can't teleport across the vast space of the universe to the nearest nearest nearest star, and yet we are to believe there are multi-universes where people walk in and out of. I mean we're talking about crossing dimensions and distances you cannot even understand. Oh, and it all happens by accident, coincidentally on earth? Where these people live in their houses?

I don't buy it.

And the idea, that there are an infinite number of universes and thus you may be anything in another one? Guess what. If your mom and dad didn't copulate on a specific night, and your sperm, out of the hundreds of millions didn't make it to the egg, you wouldn't be alive in this universe, let alone in any of the others, if everything didn't turn out just right.

That is just ridiculous.

edit on 16-9-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

The size of our known universe is unbelievable. It is said that it was created some 13.8 billion years ago. And the visible known universe is 46.6 billion light years across, according to scientists.

It is actually 91 billion ly across, but I get your point.

Yes, the sheer scale of it all is what made me re-consider the entire multiverse theory thing.

Now I believe that there is only one universe in Space, but a multitude of versions of the said universe in Time. Think of it like a bridge right in the middle of being renovated - there is only one bridge, but two versions of it - one side is crumbling, and the other side is brand new.

If your mom and dad didn't copulate on a specific night, and your sperm, out of the hundreds of millions didn't make it to the egg, you wouldn't be alive in this universe, let alone in any of the others, if everything didn't turn out just right.

In physics, the state of one multiverse hardly is a reliable indication of the state of the other multiverse. You could be alive and well in one universe, but in another the universe might simply have failed to form the primordial blobs which gave birth to galaxies and stars, and human life would simply not exist. Yet it would not prevent you from existing in your own universe. This is the whole point behind multiverse theories.

edit on 16-9-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The whole point of the theory is mute unless there is proof it exists. In order for you to be alive with conscious, there are such a chain of coincidences that it is ridiculous to think it can happen over and over again.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
For those who don't know about the multiverse theory - i think this is a good start even if it is from 2012 and it seems to have gained more popularity since then.

www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

The whole point of the theory is mute unless there is proof it exists. In order for you to be alive with conscious, there are such a chain of coincidences that it is ridiculous to think it can happen over and over again.

Why should it happen over and over again? String Theory itself explains that multiverses are not all suitable for the emergence of conscious life: en.wikipedia.org...

Quantum theory have a similar take on the topic, though it focuses more on that which occurs at the quantum scale.

But I do get your general concern, and this is why I propose that there is only one original universe which was born, from which alternate universes formed each time there was a spacelike event (an event which occurs faster than the speed of light, such as tachyons). I believe this is a most elegant solution to the dissonance: an ancestral universe came into existence (necessitating only only one Big Bang event), and all other versions branched off from that ancestral universe. The mechanism behind this branching off are not other Big Bangs, but simple historical re-writes, which are separated from the original universe by a paradox wave.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I understand your proposal, but where does the energy and matter come from for each of these imaginary universes? That mush be limitless beyond comprehension, far, far, far, far, far, far, far beyond anything we can believe in. The belief in God that created one universe is much more logical than the idea of an eternity of universes, all coming from one.

And where did the energy and mass come from to start the first one to begin with?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I understand your proposal, but where does the energy and matter come from for each of these imaginary universes?

None is needed - well, except the energy needed to change history. That is the beauty of my proposal - history change does not require the creation of a new universe. All alternate realities are same and one universe, the difference resides only in the histories they have. The reason why we cannot perceive these different histories, is because we (our reality) are moving futureward in Time, that is, we are keeping a constant time interval distance to any alternate histories.

Thinking four-dimensionally is a bit counter-intuitive, I know. But I believe it could be a most efficient solution to the matter.

And where did the energy and mass come from to start the first one to begin with?

Many theories are available on this (none of us can know for sure, since none of us was there then); but we already have a mystery to solve, I do believe that discussing about the birth of the Universe would make the conversation a tad too confusing.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I'll let you in on a little secret about time. It is our perception of energy in motion.

Energy has always existed, and thus time has always existed. Energy will always exist. Thus time will always exist.

Energy in motion is our understanding of time.

It moves one way. Forward.

You cannot move energy backwards. No one can.

Time moves in one direction. Time travel is not possible.

Also, what we have in the universe is what it is. Nothing can be destroyed or created in it, only changed.

Whatever caused our universe came from somewhere else. For something cannot come from nothing.

And no eternity of universes theory will get you around that paradox.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
From Stanford:

However, there is considerable uncertainty about the mass density of all matter (visible and invisible) and energy (through Einstein's E = mc^2 equation). When one studies the movement of matter in and around galaxies, then it appears that up to about 10 times more mass is pulling at the matter (through its gravity) than is accounted for in the visible stars. This is the "missing-mass" problem. If this factor of ten holds throughout the Universe, then the total mass in the Universe would be about 6e52 kg. If the missing mass were mostly in the form of hydrogen atoms (which is not at all clear) then the number of atoms would be about 4e79.

It is this missing mass that currently sways me towards some sort of multiverse theory. As I/we learn more my thoughts will change to include any new data.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Energy will always exist. Thus time will always exist.

Of course time exists.

Time moves in one direction. Time travel is not possible.

Rivers usually move in one direction. It does not prevent your boat from travelling in the other direction. Sure, it will be harder than travelling in the same direction then the current. But not impossible.

Additionally, time travel (shift of rate of time relative to another point's) is not only possible, but it even occurs naturally. You have a time machine right beneath your feet. It's called Earth. Her gravitational field is bending space and time so that you are actually experiencing a slight shift in time relative to someone on, say, the Moon.

Whatever caused our universe came from somewhere else.

And where did this "somewhere else" come from?

I fear I must go now. But I would like to invite you to my thread about the matter: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I enjoyed this discussion, I do hope we could pursue it.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

It was short but interesting. To be sure.

Before you ask where what caused used came from, it would be better to find out what caused us to begin with.

For obviously something has always been in existence, otherwise we would not be here.

I know you understand that, while perhaps not comprehending the magnitude of what is stated. Something or Someone has to be eternal for the universe and life to be. There is no other option. Even if you cannot understand it, there is no way that energy just came to be. Someone or something always was in existence eternally into the past.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

I will leave you with this:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join