It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do aliens come here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why would aliens come to Earth? Nothing here but water, deserts, devastated forests, and primitive people (compared to aliens that can travel across the universe).

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:49 PM
link   
and homo sapiens.. nothing interesting I agree.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Why would humans go to mars?
nothing there but magma, sulpher and carbon.
we're still going though.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Aliens or "greys" are only here for one thing and I am ashamed that none of you have figured this out! They are here for our peanut butter reserves!! You see they cannot get the wonderful taste of Skippy on there home planet. SOOooo they came here and found this delectable taste on our planet while of course gutting some cows in South America, talk about "running for th border" I think I will have one intestine chalupa please with a side order of peanut butter!!

Okay seriously, I have looked into a great deal of websites out there and I can only wonder, that's it only wonder. I mean there are people that have seen UFO's i mean a whole city did. And then there's guys that have developed websites based in the teachings of these cosmic creatures like the Wingmakers, which though is kind of interesting seems to be just another one of "those" websites.
I can only wonder, unless I get abducted or something.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think that the real reason aliens come to earth is just because they are REALY bored. I mean come on...think about it. An advanced alien civilization visits a lesser advanced planet and guts their cows and eats their peanut butter? They have to be bored to do something like that. It almost sounds to me like something a crack head would do.
"Com on guys. Lets go gut some cows. And man! I got some major munchies."

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I tend to favor the opinions of the ancient philosophers when dealing with things that are difficult, if not seemingly impossible, to prove. "Though you cannot prove to me that something does not exist, and I cannot prove that it does, It does not change the fact of whether it exists or not.
Thus, no matter how much evidence someone gives to prove that I exist, Someone on the other side of the planet could still believe that my existance is just a hoax. Even if I do really exist.
Therefore, aliens could still exist, no matter what anyone tries to say or prove wrong. Although, I do find it hard to accept the self centered and egocentrical attitude that we are the only inhabbited planet in this vast universe. And I highly doubt that we would be the most advanced race either.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've said it again and again... Why do you guys always assume that Aliens will only be physical beings... Some, if not most are not physical.
There are different dimensions according to the string theory.
I myself have seen some weird beings the first time I had an OBE. When I went back in my physical body I couldn't see them anymore....

Think about it... Do you think you are always alone in your room in front of your pc???

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 10:39 AM
link   
no.
I have mates.
and a girlfriend.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Aliens come to take tests on humans or cattle or other living things and take or share our huge amount of resources. Also 'cause they can. Wouldn't it be helpful to find gold or something valuable on mars? They are he because of the resources

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Everyone knows why they come here...

FOR THE PIZZA!!!

Earth makes the best pizza in the galaxy, and we don't have the technology yet to deliver in 1/2 hour or less. So they have to come here.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
"Yeah, There are 100 different kinds of aliens visiting earth. They are all REALLY REALLY smart so they have to kill 1,000,000 cows to try and find out how they work. They have to examine 1,000,000 humans to see how they work. They crash flying saucers all over the place that break into alot of pieces, that CANNOT BE BROKEN, BURNED, DENTED etc. etc. etc. "after" they break (but the fragile alien bodies are in perfect shape). Any little light in the sky is an alien space craft, bees flying past video cameras are "rods". CROP CIRCLES are real (hahahaha). Crop circle experts still state circles are authentic after they were admited hoaxes. Get Real"

I agree Aliens would have no reason to come here and the chances that they have humanoid features is slim. So slim infact i am willing to bet that if ET came here they would have about a one in a trillion shot of even 2 eys, 2 legs and 2 arms like we do.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The_Doctor,

All your doing is grouping the Frauds and religious quacks and the completely gullible with the serious UFO investigators and researchers and caricaturing the facts so that your opinion might seem graduated compared to the exaggerated picture your attempting to paint , with an awfully wide Brush I might add.

Its also has been my experience that people willing to exaggerate facts for their advantage tend to have no use or need for facts.

The truth is that there are a Million and One reasons why E.T. might be interested in and capable of finding and visiting Earth.

When you consider that we only have ourselves as examples of intelligent life in the Universe to judge E.T.s potential actions by , it is absolutely certain that if we found life existing in the Milky Way Galaxy we would attempt to study it ourselves, the closer we could get the better.

As a matter of fact finding life in the Milky Way Galaxy , it seems to me , is the equivalent of the Holy Grail of Physical Science.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"UFO investigators and researchers"

Do not research aliens because we have never seen or talked to any ET. People who say ET visit earth jump to conclusions with absolutly nothing to back it up. The fact is we are thinking of ET from a human perspective. Just because we might study another life form does not mean they would do the same that is an unfounded assumption.

Anyone who says ET come here make themselves look like quacks no one said UFO's are alien except people who would like to think there is more. The fact is life in our Galaxy especially intellegent life is rare. It is also doubtful aliens will be anything like us at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wetdog
we wonder why we dont communicate with aliens... ever tried to explain yourself to a cockroach???
think about that one...

I think this is an excellen post. And it may not be that we are to cockroaches as aliens are to us. It may be the other way around.

The point is, alien is alien, and therefore, jumping to the assumption of anthropomorphic characteristics, such as "search", "explore", "consume", not to mention "Levels of galactic civilization," assume that alien life is in some way similar to us.

Before we get there, we have to have some set of parameters we agree to. Are alients limitted to time and space living in the present moment? If so, the concept of "search" might be of some value to an alien. If not, "searching" is oracle and not all that interesting.

At the very least, most popular thinking assumes that alien life is "motivated" as we keep asking what their "motivation" is. Maybe they don't have one. Maybe they are not goal oriented. Maybe goals are something that creastures that don't practice stiymergy spend time on. Ants don't waste time with more than 1 or 2 goals. THey utilize the emergent properties of local behavior, for example.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
with all the babbling and guessing going on, has anybody ever actually seen an alien? I mean UFOs and accounts from the 'believers' aren't really enough proof, and as yet there is no real reason to believe in extraterrestrials...if they aren't revealing themselves to us on a major level then its obvious they are non-existent or are too weak and cowardly to show themselves while they visit for whatever reason they have...or if they don't want to be seen then why are they seen anyway? They ought to either help us or leave us alone...stupid aliens

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
"UFO investigators and researchers"

Do not research aliens because we have never seen or talked to any ET.

Nice observation. Didn't realize you were an Investigator/Researcher.

People who say ET visit earth jump to conclusions with absolutly nothing to back it up.

Well except for that pesky ETH some people keep bringing up huh?

The fact is we are thinking of ET from a human perspective.

Any other Ideas? This argument here of yours works both ways , I could easily say your not able to rationalize objectively because of a "Trendy" and popular contemporary negative attitude towards Humanity.

Just because we might study another life form does not mean they would do the same that is an unfounded assumption.

The assumption I've implied is not unfounded.

It is a fact that we are currently looking for life , it's a major theme in the scientific community today.

Anyone who says ET come here make themselves look like quacks no one said UFO's are alien except people who would like to think there is more. The fact is life in our Galaxy especially intellegent life is rare. It is also doubtful aliens will be anything like us at all.

Well I believe that if you looked that the Estimate of the Situation written by ATIC personnel and the involved civilian scientists in mid 1948 , you'd find the opinion held by them that some UFOs represented Interplanetary Craft.

Of course that was before the CIA got involved and recommended that "UFOs be publicly deflated" by only presenting the "Mysterious cases" that were easily "Solved" by the Military Investigators.

BTW, how do you know life in our " Galaxy" is rare?

Seems to me that NASA intends to look for life in several places right here in our Solar System.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetReal
Stories, stories, stories, thats all they are. WHERE'S THE PROOF. Anyone can tell a story. The last place to do research is on the internet, it is the mother of all unsubstantiated claims, it spews them like a volcano.

Have you done any research into the mexico city incident? It was filmed from several vantage points. There were something on the order of 100,000+ witnesses to the event. The event was of multiple UFOs flying in patterns at high rates of speed and preforming manuevers which cant be explained by conventional methods. You are correct, there are a lot of hub caps, bees, and other things that go boom in the night. However, just because 99% of the UFO reports can be explained by conventional means, or disproved as hoaxes, does not devalue or invalidate that remaining 1%. When doing my research in this area, i usually try to stick to incidents such as the mexico city incident which were filmed by multiple people at the same time of the same incident. There are other such cases originating out of america and australia.

As for why they come here.... I think the better question to ask is, what happened with all the nazi experimental ufo stuff from WW2. I believe a large majority of these sitings are of secret military vehicles. The evidence I have in this regard is sparse and not fully articulated. However, I believe this is infinately more plausible than the alien story.

I forget who said it. But there was a man who once said.

"Sometimes I think about what would happen if there were a force outside this world that threatened all of our livelyhood. About how we would drop out differences a unite for a common cause."

This is the same man that was in charge of the roswell clean up. I wish I could remember his name. It also just happens that his father was in charge of releasing weather ballons in weeks and months prior to the roswell crash. I think using the guise of UFOs to incite a global government is more plausible than most theories. What would happen if a UFO were to land on the lawn of the whitehouse, or better yet. Just blow it up? "Independence Day" all over again.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by tsensel]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why do aliens visit Earth? I don't think this question really requires an exotic explanation at all. Ever taken a walk through the woods? Why did you do it? Did you enjoy marveling at the wildlife? Ever been bird watching? Ever been to a museum? Ever been awe struck by the marvelous beauty and complexity of the universe? Intelligent beings simply enjoy taking "walks in the woods." Every now and then they dissect a "frog" here or there, follow a wasp around to see what it does, etc. But beyond it all, they are most likely marveling at the beauty.

Sadly, most people approach the question from the perspective that such an advanced race has no religious belief system - no "God." Philosophically, if there is no God, then there is no purpose, no moral absolutes, and no guide for behavior. If a super advanced race, having mired through science and mastered the material realm, concluded that there was no God and hence no purpose, why would they sustain their own race at all? Why would they do anything? There would be nothing left to do and the "quest" if there was one, would be over. On the other hand, if there IS a God, then existing in fellowship with other intelligent races and marveling at His creations in brotherhood and fraternity would be the only logical purpose in life - hence taking walks in the woods. I see people here pretending to keep an open mind, but ETs are still consistently assumed to be scientific atheists. That's very naive.

For those who want some "evidence" for ETs, something that I haven't seen mentioned here yet would be the Battle of Los Angeles. Research that one and conclude why it was so abruptly hushed after civilians were killed and maimed and thousands of artillery were fired.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
To live, love and learn.

Those are the only requirements for coming into any atmosphere.

They can live differently then we do, they can love differenly then we do, and they can learn differently then we do.

No matter the stance as good or bad remember energy always travels in constant motion even while resting.

typos galore today.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by menguard]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join