It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS now using Chemical Weapons.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Sadly the UK has a history of denying supplying chemicals for warfare to countries it opposes. That said it does and has and will probably continue to do so whilst hoodwinking the british public and any others who will believe the rhetoric.

What makes me gasp at our naivety about ISIS is that if the UK Government can aim its drones to kill two men sitting in a vast country that have threatened to ham the queen, then our capacity to end this nonsensical war has been within our grasp from the beginning.

It honestly beggars the question what exactly is going on in Syria? Whatever it is, the public are being lied to and duped about it. Someone said on another thread "We are all there fighting" well are we? - Then it should be over.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They will stomp babies in front of their mothers, they will turn all women and children they can get their hands on into sex slaves, they will destroy everything in their path including 1000s of year old sites. Using chemical weapons is the least of their crimes....

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

It honestly beggars the question what exactly is going on in Syria? .

this is whats going on in Syria

edit on 12 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Where's the proof that Iraq were working towards building a nuclear weapon?

Production of these weapons ceased after the first Gulf War and there was never any evidence to contradict this. Or maybe you can provide this?

Saddam Hussein played a dangerous game of Brinksmanship for sure, but we all know that after the first Gulf war their abilities to continue manufacturing these weapons were severely restricted.

If anyone had enough proof to satisfy the doubters, the "Bush lied" agenda would have been shut down long ago.

Every nation's intelligence said that Saddam was working on them and the program was close to finishing a bomb, if they hadn't already. The nuclear stuff was moved before the invasion and we got there in time to find remnants but nothing substantial enough to satisfy the media.

The first teams sent in to find the WMD's found, instead, empty "milk factories" and various other "innocent facilities" with fresh truck tracks outside. They were greeted by very friendly Iraqi workers who told them that nothing out of the ordinary was going on in these places where the radiation detectors were going nuts. The Pentagon had satellite photos and plenty of intelligence so they knew exactly where to look.

We let the whole world know that we were going to Iraq to find a nuclear weapons program and Saddam, along with the Russians, made sure we didn't.

Before you ask, no I don't have a source for this information because it isn't public knowledge.
edit on 9/12/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There are two things I noticed reading through this thread that I wanted to comment on. One, is that chemical weapons are WMD's and as far as I know they always were. Two, is that government officials routinely make comments on the grounds of anonymity. It happens all the time on all sorts of subjects, not just this one. It doesn't necessarily mean that there is some kind of dis/misinformation happening. In most cases it means that the person making the quote is not a designated media spokesperson for that organization.

Chemical weapons - when being beheaded, burned alive, dismembered, and dragged through the streets just isn't enough.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Here is the story about that...
archive.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
There are two things I noticed reading through this thread that I wanted to comment on. One, is that chemical weapons are WMD's and as far as I know they always were. Two, is that government officials routinely make comments on the grounds of anonymity. It happens all the time on all sorts of subjects, not just this one. It doesn't necessarily mean that there is some kind of dis/misinformation happening. In most cases it means that the person making the quote is not a designated media spokesperson for that organization.

Chemical weapons - when being beheaded, burned alive, dismembered, and dragged through the streets just isn't enough.

Sometimes you just don't have enough head choppers, flammable liquids, have to have food breaks and no stomach to continue dismemberment, or run out of street. Have to overcome and adapt.

Yes complete sarcasm before anyone gets offended

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

originally posted by: Shiloh7

It honestly beggars the question what exactly is going on in Syria? .

this is whats going on in Syria

Well don't blame Bush, he was doing the right thing, stopping Saddam from building a Nuke. I've seen evidence from a Ex USAF Fighter pilot who also works as a Military advisor to Fox News.

Why did Bush make light of the fact the WMD's couldn't be found under this rock, or under that rock.

In interviews I have seen with both Bush and Blair, they never admit that they lied, but they admit that they would do the same thing again. Of course they would.

edit on 12/9/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Chemical Weapons are the new WMD's.

Time to fire up the ole war machine.

Nuclear , chemical , and biological are all classed as WMDs

Correct but for some reason, ever since about 2004, the only WMD's are ones that produce a mushroom cloud and destroy entire countries.

Changing the definition made it a lot easier for the media to claim there were no WMD's found in Iraq and push the "Bush lied!" agenda.

Only to the civilian population.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Boeing777
If IS is using chemical weapons it's because we(the West and their allies in the ME) allowed it to happen and dare I say it, even gave them the tools to make them.

Right, because with all the land they've taken and money they have, that's the ONLY way they could have gotten their hands on rudimentary chemical weapons...

Saddam had a way of using chlorine gas,ricin,and sarin . Maybe some of his leftovers?

The media reported months ago that ISIS found some chemical weapons in Iraq.

On top of that, most of Iraq's WMD's went to Syria just before the invasion so there are plenty of places they could have gotten them.

You are right , thus my post. And thus the news at the time , just before the Iraqi war of huge convoys from Iraq to Syria.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I think that about sums it up! Great little snippet......

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I think that is the attitude that got the world into this mess instead of sweeping it away how about we look at the growing problem.
edit on 12-9-2015 by Gestas because: inb4 thread deletion

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Remember the boy who cried wolf?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The tale concerns a shepherd boy who repeatedly tricks nearby villagers into thinking a wolf is attacking his flock. When one actually does appear and the boy again calls for help, the villagers believe that it is another false alarm and the sheep (or, in some versions of the story, the boy) are eaten by the wolf.

Obama?

edit on 13-9-2015 by Gestas because:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Nice post..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join