It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS now using Chemical Weapons.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Chemical Weapons are the new WMD's.

Time to fire up the ole war machine.

Nuclear , chemical , and biological are all classed as WMDs

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
If IS is using chemical weapons it's because we(the West and their allies in the ME) allowed it to happen and dare I say it, even gave them the tools to make them.

Right, because with all the land they've taken and money they have, that's the ONLY way they could have gotten their hands on rudimentary chemical weapons...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Correct but for some reason, ever since about 2004, the only WMD's are ones that produce a mushroom cloud and destroy entire countries.

Changing the definition made it a lot easier for the media to claim there were no WMD's found in Iraq and push the "Bush lied!" agenda.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

If IS is using chemical weapons it's because we(the West and their allies in the ME) allowed it to happen and dare I say it, even gave them the tools to make them.

Right, because with all the land they've taken and money they have, that's the ONLY way they could have gotten their hands on rudimentary chemical weapons...

Saddam had a way of using chlorine gas,ricin,and sarin . Maybe some of his leftovers?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So ISIS have found the WMD's that the coalition forces couldn't find in Iraq?

Well, it's time to send in the troops and send them to paradise where they will each receive 7 virgins for the rest of eternity. Only they probably wouldn't remain virgins for long and just become nagging pains in the butt, continuously whining about what you've been up to and where you have been.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
"a US official has told the BBC."

no further veidence.

Next please.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Saddam had a way of using chlorine gas,ricin,and sarin . Maybe some of his leftovers?

The media reported months ago that ISIS found some chemical weapons in Iraq.

On top of that, most of Iraq's WMD's went to Syria just before the invasion so there are plenty of places they could have gotten them.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gestas

Alright all you current and former military people practice with me. Extend those arms, fingers touching your shoulders quickly three times while shouting "gas,gas,gas".

Unless there is a new way from over two decades ago in which case practice what you were taught ...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Oh what a short memory you have...

Coalition forces found plenty of chemical weapons in Iraq but the media decided that those didn't qualify as WMD's at the time because they were only interested in seeing a huge bomb with this symbol on the side:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Yeah I know, but Chem. Weapons is the new fear mongering MSM buzz word now as WMD's has been over used and the Iraq war played out to be a farce.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The new WMD. Thats what this hype seems to be.

Ive been saying it from te beginning, pull out all friendlies and nuke the entire site from orbit.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

the Iraq war played out to be a farce.

Only to people who bought into the media narrative.

Was it a monumentally stupid idea to oust Saddam Hussein? Yes.

Did "Bush lie" about WMD's to justify the war? No.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
The new WMD. Thats what this hype seems to be.

Chemical weapons have always been classified as WMD's.

Just because the media changed the definition in 2004 doesn't make it accurate.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I think ISIS is an international hired force, hired by our own governments,to do their dirty work.

Am i truly alone with my thoughts? we are the enemy, we are "them"

edit- i also think that USA, Russia, China, are on the same side, its all a big show for us, and north korea is their freeforall playground.
edit on 12-9-2015 by solve because: freeforall

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Coalition forces found plenty of chemical weapons in Iraq but the media decided that those didn't qualify as WMD's at the time because they were only interested in seeing a huge bomb with this symbol on the side:

So what is the truth here? You say most WMD's were sent to Syria just before the invasion, yet the coalition found plenty of them in Iraq?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I think ISIS is an international hired force, hired by our own governments,to do their dirty work.

Am i truly alone with my thoughts? we are the enemy, we are "them"

Is ISIS a big conspiracy??? Maybe I've seen the reports and pictures saying the leader is actually a Jewish mossad agent. So even if you don't believe it's a full blown conspiracy there was a report from the dia obtained by the conservative legal group ( can't remember the name or specifics) basically saying actions and funding going on in the aftermath of Iraq was going to lead to it, they knew it would and did it anyway. Forgive my lack of details but if you Google dia report and ISIS probably find it pretty quickly. Just too lazy on college game day to do it myself.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

So what is the truth here? You say most WMD's were sent to Syria just before the invasion, yet the coalition found plenty of them in Iraq?

On what planet is it not possible for the answer to be both?

Most of the WMD's, especially the unfinished Nuclear weapons, were moved to Syria with Russia's help.

The coalition found what was left behind i.e. mustard gas, sarin, etc. that the Iraqi military tried to hide.

Anyone who claims that Saddam had no chemical weapons, which ARE WMD's, is daft because he attacked the Kurds with mustard gas and sarin in 1988. Do people think that he used them all up or didn't continue to manufacture the weapons after that attack?

Do I really have to spell everything out for you or are you just grasping at straws to discredit me?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well, it's time to send in the troops and send them to paradise where they will each receive 7 virgins for the rest of eternity. Only they probably wouldn't remain virgins for long and just become nagging pains in the butt, continuously whining about what you've been up to and where you have been.

Well, from what I understand, the ISIS leadership are mainly former Baathists (loyal to Saddam's Baath party). Which would then make sense that they know where they hid WMD's, if there were any.

Also not surprising that ISIS (Baath party) want Assad gone. Before his father took over Syria, the Baathists were in control of Syria, and they were forcibly removed in a military coup.

That said, these are still the consequences of the West meddling in the ME.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

What?

I know chemical weapons were used on the Kurds and I know that during the first Gulf war there were concerns the Iraqi's could use them.

Where's the proof that Iraq were working towards building a nuclear weapon?

Production of these weapons ceased after the first Gulf War and there was never any evidence to contradict this. Or maybe you can provide this?

Saddam Hussein played a dangerous game of Brinksmanship for sure, but we all know that after the first Gulf war their abilities to continue manufacturing these weapons were severely restricted.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If IS is using chemical weapons it's because we(the West and their allies in the ME) allowed it to happen and dare I say it, even gave them the tools to make them. Remember when Cameron and Obama were moaning about a red line being crossed by Assad for using chemical weapons against civilians? It was later discovered that it was in fact the REBELS that were using them, not Assad.

TPTB are really itching for a ground invasion in Syria to take out Assad, this time, since IS has committed a sh*t ton of atrocities, it will be quite easy to blame them on chemical attacks on civilians and then launch a ground invasion in that pretext when they do one somewhere in the West.

DISCLAIMER, I am no fan of Assad neither do I want IS to breath any longer.

See I think opposite. I feel that this is a way to stop the ground troops and instead fight them from above, or with only drones; using chemical weapons as a reason to not put the fight on the ground.

Why would we want to send in more ground troops where there is chemical warfare...or why would that be a good idea?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join