It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS now using Chemical Weapons.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So I figure we should have this thread before something happens to the announcement...

Is now is using chemical Weapons...

www.bbc.com...

This might be important y'know since they want to take over the world...

##Please read###

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on 9.12.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

Here is some tidbits from the article written by Paul Blake who I want no credit for linking in this sick rating / monetary style game show that has become the forum that I thought was simply about truth and justice.

What is mustard agent?

The term "mustard gas" is commonly used to describe the agent, but it is liquid at ambient temperature.

Sulphur mustard sometimes smells - like garlic, onions, or mustard - and sometimes has no odour. It can be clear to yellow or brown.

The US government's position continues to be that it is investigating claims of chemical weapons use in Iraq and Syria, but the official speaking to the BBC said that many intelligence agencies now believe there is now enough evidence to back up these claims.

The official requested anonymity because that person was not authorised to speak about it publicly.

Last month, the UN launched an investigation to determine which individuals, groups or governments are involved in the use of chemicals as weapons in Syria.

And that same month, the US military said tests on IS mortar fragments from fighting in Iraq showed traces of chemical arms.

US Brig Gen Kevin Killea said in late August that the US had found traces of the chemical agent sulphur mustard on mortars used by IS to attack Kurdish forces in northern Iraq.

At the time, however, he also said that the tests were not conclusive and final testing was needed.

He described sulphur mustard as a Class 1 chemical agent, one that is rarely used outside of chemical warfare.

edit on 12-9-2015 by Gestas because: IS THERE ENOUGH MEAT ON THE BONES TO GET PEOPLE TO LOOK AT THE ARTICLE.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gestas

Well, they needed an excuse for intervention didn't they?

And today we already have an alleged bomb in Turkey eastern side and Egyptian cabit resignation. mmm
edit on 12 9 2015 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Because beheading people is not enough?

Edit: They should have sent troops long time ago.
edit on 12-9-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

its to be expected, the depravity of ISIS knows no bounds.

i just hope they eventually get destroyed along with their daft religious ideology

edit on 12 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Well, they needed an excuse for intervention didn't they?

Where have you been. The US, Iran, Iraq, Russia, Jordon and a whole slew of others are already fighting there. As for the US what you see is what you get. our current President is (rightfully so IMHO) is completely averse to putting the full US war machine into action. All the players are there, they have been there, I think this is about how much most governments want to do. Slowly degrade this threat over time.

V

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Variable

Where have you been. The US, Iran, Iraq, Russia, Jordon and a whole slew of others are already fighting there. As for the US what you see is what you get. our current President is (rightfully so IMHO) is completely averse to putting the full US war machine into action. All the players are there, they have been there, I think this is about how much most governments want to do. Slowly degrade this threat over time.

V

That's exactly what I meant. There is not much support at the moment for full-scale invasion of Syria, and it has been good like that for those who wants to remove Assad, a slow death.
Now Russia starts to get involved and suddenly we have Turkish forces going wild on PKK in Iraq while getting besiged cities in their east, Egypt cabinet resignates and ISIS starting to use chemicals. This is the realization of the "concerns" of Kerry for the Russian presence. How convenient!

If you want to remove ISIS at this moment you have to just hope that western governments get out and Putin clears up the field. The west doesn't want to fight ISIS, they want Assad, but since they weren't allowed by the public to remove him straight out they opted to accept fighting terrorists in any country they want. If the Assad-allied forces were able to remove ISIS themselves then there would be no more need for western presence in Syria. And no more pipelines.
edit on 12 9 2015 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

From the BBC article referenced: "There is a growing belief within the US government that the Islamic State militant group is making and using crude chemical weapons in Iraq and Syria, a US official has told the BBC."

The lead says......"A US Official reports". Unnamed of course.

C'mon people, where have we heard this crap before? I don't the "American People", are going to fall for that crap again.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable

Usually I like to stomp out a fire before it gets to big and not hope it burns itself out.
But hey, isis is the jv team right.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Chemical Weapons are the new WMD's.

Time to fire up the ole war machine.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
But let's stop attacking Assad. His government is secular btw, something unusual for the middle east.

Worse than being left alone to deal with these ISIS monsters, he has to deal with the US coalition dropping bombs on him as well.

I'm not pro Russian usually, but Putin is correct this time - save Assad, stop ISIS.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

edit on 12-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: double post

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

So what is actually going on please tell us ?
How much do they pay you?? ARE YOU A SIMULANT?!?!?!
edit on 12-9-2015 by Gestas because: Is dis real lief

Maybe the Unidentified source was you TonyS
Either way Great post Markosity.

originally posted by: markosity1973
But let's stop attacking Assad. His government is secular btw, something unusual for the middle east.

Worse than being left alone to deal with these ISIS monsters, he has to deal with the US coalition dropping bombs on him as well.

I'm not pro Russian usually, but Putin is correct this time - save Assad, stop ISIS.

edit on 12-9-2015 by Gestas because:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gestas

So what is actually going on please tell us ?
How much do they pay you?? ARE YOU A SIMULANT?!?!?!

1) They're making stuff up; and
2) No one pays me; and
3) I don't know what a SIMULANT is.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

So what Isis already has done is not bad enough? I am in no way affiliated with the BBC or Isis or any Government for that Matter.

Maybe you should see Markosity's post.

edit on 12-9-2015 by Gestas because: Just calling it how I see it.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Variable

Usually I like to stomp out a fire before it gets to big and not hope it burns itself out.
But hey, isis is the jv team right.

Very good analogy - however, as has happened every single time we get involved, you may stomp out the fire but you're just dispersing the embers which go on to create a load of new fires. We're well into 'oh dearism' now where whatever action is taken will only cause the situation to deteriorate and the only response we have left is to watch and day 'oh dear'.

I don't for a second beleive that IS or Al-Qu'eda we're US/Western creations, I think they just armed, funded and trained a tiny minority of them back when they were 'moderates' in comparison, then the whole thing spiraled out of control.

People who think this is all orchestrated give far too much credit to the government/officials and ignore the elephant in the room that they're nearly all incredibly incompetent at what they do.
edit on 12-9-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Moderators and Admin want more meat on the bone to get interest in my thread and are subject to deleting this thread.

I don't know about you guys But I just care about the truth not money or ratings.
edit on 12-9-2015 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yes. I wish there were more things we could actively vote on here in the U.S. I really do think we should have a say. If we could correct our past mistakes --- but instead we just keep on making them. I know Obama wants ISIS to self destruct, and that will take time. But let Putin do what Putin wants to do. At least it would restore stability and the refugees can return home and rebuild what's left of their country. Who cares even, if it becomes a Russian territory? I don't. At least the mayhem would be controlled.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The world has earned all it gets from the middle east. We have had a hand in their affairs since the end of ww2. So I guess in that way we did create isis.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
IS and most major terrorist have been technically been using weaponized chemicals for quite a few years now in the form chlorine and the likes in IEDs to try to boost the killing power on the cheap. Much the same way as the Vietcong would coat punjie stick traps with human fecal matter to cause massive infection along with the initial traumatic injury. The real change is branching off to more sophisticated agents like mustard.

It actually mirrors the evolution of chemical warfare in WW1. The first attempts at chemical warfare were very crude, just waiting for the winds to be pointed toward the enemy and opening cylinders of Chlorine gas (and hoping to God the wind didn't change). Then they developed shells filled with mustard agents, before moving on to even nastier nerve agents. Let's hope that IS do not continue to advance their capabilities for CBW warfare.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If IS is using chemical weapons it's because we(the West and their allies in the ME) allowed it to happen and dare I say it, even gave them the tools to make them. Remember when Cameron and Obama were moaning about a red line being crossed by Assad for using chemical weapons against civilians? It was later discovered that it was in fact the REBELS that were using them, not Assad.

TPTB are really itching for a ground invasion in Syria to take out Assad, this time, since IS has committed a sh*t ton of atrocities, it will be quite easy to blame them on chemical attacks on civilians and then launch a ground invasion in that pretext when they do one somewhere in the West.

DISCLAIMER, I am no fan of Assad neither do I want IS to breath any longer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join