It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calgary Man says he was fired for not driving Pride bus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Would you compel him to drive a KKK Pride bus? What about a bus with ISIS representations?

I would not. I wouldn't compel him to drive a rainbow bus, either. In fact, he was not even asked, much less compelled to drive the rainbow bus.

Would you personally drive those buses if directed to do so by your employer?

I would quit my job before doing something that violated my moral compass.

I would NOT, as this man did, go running to the media at the mere MENTION of the pride bus, refusing to drive it if asked. I would hope not to be asked, but if I were, I would quietly decline and NOT make a public spectacle of myself.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Driving a bus to and through a parade does not make one gay or tell God you approve.

But I don't think it's God's judgment they're really afraid of. It's other so-called Christians' judgment they fear. After all, if his neighbor and his preacher saw him driving a bus with a rainbow, they may think HE'S gay or approves of "the gay lifestyle". If God exists, he DOES know their heart, and wants to see LOVE there. Not judgment, hatred, fear and fight. He wants to see love and acceptance of your fellow man and HE will handle the judgment.

Religious freedom is an excuse to be a bigot in America.

Amen, brutha!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Facts don't matter, people here "Rainbow" assume the Gay Agenda and forcing someone to give away their Religious Beliefs

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

couldn't agree more.

second line.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
I used KKK because a lot of folks find that group just as repulsive as the anti-gay crowd finds their organizations. They are opposed to the philosophy held by that group. Some would even say they don't have the right to hold parades and protests. I don't say that. I say they all have the right under the US Constitution to freedom of speech and assembly because that's what the First Amendment says and I believe it is their human right to be able to do so, right along with their right to get married.
Where did you see me say I had anything against driving a gay pride bus? You assumed quite a bit from my question didn't you? (Personally, I've been marching, protesting and preaching for equal rights for all people since the 1960s but the thread isn't about me, it's about the laws and respect for all under law.)
Because I believe in equal rights for all, I couldn't personally drive the KKK around town on a bus festooned with their hateful message because I have a deeply held moral conviction that their philosophy is WRONG. Because I claim no religious convictions, I could not seek protection under the religious protection provision so I would just have to resign my job. It wouldn't be the first time I'd quit a job rather than go against my conscience.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Exactly! Thank you.
See my earlier post.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I believe you are the one who has gotten tangled up. See my post above.
Let me say this once more for those who have missed the multiple times I've already stated it:I AM NOT AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE---I SUPPORT EVERYONE'S RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW!
There---is that clear enough for you? I don't hate or fear gay people and I don't use scripture to argue law. My first defense of gay people was in 1970 when one of my dearest friends in the world "came out." Jumping Jehophat! I'm frankly pretty tired of people making assumptions that because I support humans' rights to religious beliefs that I am not supportive of gay rights. Get a clue---not all religious or morally-convicted (for lack of a better term) people hate gays!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I'm frankly pretty tired of people making assumptions that because I support humans' rights to religious beliefs that I am not supportive of gay rights.

Let me ask you... do you agree that this bus driver's rights to religious beliefs are NOT and have never been in danger?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Of course I agree if he was never asked to drive the bus in the first place. He's just someone who wanted a bit of attention apparently. What was unclear about my position? Please explain to me so I can clear up the misconceptions.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Most of my posts have not been directed at you or any single person. They are generalisations based upon observation.

Please don't take offense, I am not speaking about people singularly but group ideologies.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
Facts don't matter, people here "Rainbow" assume the Gay Agenda and forcing someone to give away their Religious Beliefs

I wonder if the bus driver will stop eating Lucky Charms cereal:

It may compel him to wear women's underwear and sing Liza Minnelli songs.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
I do apologize if your reply wasn't to me but it did look that way since your reply contained my post. Perhaps I am confused. It is easy to lose track with all the back and forth.
No offense taken, just frustration that people jump to wild and crazy assumptions upon reading a single post.
It's all good.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
OK, guy violates his employment terms by taking his whining to the media, misleads people about what happened and all for attention in my opinion.

No rights violated I can see and I don't much see a story worthy of discussing to be honest. Just a bad employee trying to cover his butt and I suppose some falling for it all.

That about it?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Shhhhh!! those are one of our few Secrets of 'Turning' people, we are running out of Secret ways with the exposing of the "Gay Agenda"

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I quote people to put my post in context, if I use the words you and you're, I'm speaking to everyone who thinks like that as it would be far from the first time I've heard the argument presented.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Shhhhh!! those are one of our few Secrets of 'Turning' people, we are running out of Secret ways with the exposing of the "Gay Agenda"

Erm. Mah. Gerd.

I had a double helping for breakfast and I thought it was just all the sugar that had me running around the house redecorating and feeling fabulous.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
my threads lately have been getting the ats gods posting in them.

neat.

Well, now that I have received my apotheosis I will start my own religion where gay people can get married. They can then reward me by taking me clothes shopping.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Damn, now that the secret is out, we'll have to resort to the old skool recruiting booths and flyer drops

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Nope, you got the Gay, welcome to the Family as we set out to destroy Religious Freedom and America!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join