It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain the Apple stock value dip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So if you don't remember Apple went into a bear market recently. The value dropped pretty far and then recovered quickly as most of us would have expected.

So I was thinking about it and how fake the stock market was I started to wonder about what mechanics were behind that drop and if there's a way to use those variables in future buys?
edit on 9/12/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

There is a value you should have learned.
It goes like:
Sell everything and spend your money.
You give your money straight back to your slavemasters. Spend it on things you really need and a nice holiday.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

This is my guess, its due to declining sales because fewer can afford them any more. the wealth charts of the US to shaped like a receding wave wash on the beach where the weathy are the incoming wave.

What is interesting is that I read recently that Caterpiller have suffered a 31 continuous months of sales decline with an average decline of 34% over that time. Caterpiller are a good barometer of industrial output and demand. They are in that sector of the economey that produces real wealth unrelated wealth crreated on wall street.

Its in this sector of the economy where real economic growth occures or does not occur.

See PCR for more info about this sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't think, unless you're a buyer, that you'd be privvy to the information. High frequency trading can cause all kinds of silly numbers to occur, when it's not skimming millions off of transactions.

Computerised capitalism is a disaster. How are we to distinguish what's real and what's not real? The Apple dip could have been anything. Maybe they pissed off a high roller who shorted their stock. Maybe they're doing something the 'masters' don't want. Who knows! In this age of phoney economics it's literally anyone's guess...... That's a problem!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The apple stock value dip was becuase apple released new products at their yearly event. An iphone 6s that just has a few upgrades. And a new ipad pro 12.9 inches.

People think apple have run out of ideas... hence the stock dip

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Here....let me explain it to you in the simplest of terms. Apple sucks....

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

There are so many factors attendant to turbulence that it approaches randomness.

Chaos theory has shown that there are boundaries within which such oscillations occur, in apparently turbulent fashion. In reality, there are enormous numbers of directional forces and tipping points so that a simple model that explains things, is out of the question.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Apple production is in China? The recent dip in China s stock market have anything to do with it, i don't know.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Everything else is going to the dogs why should Apple's shares be any different? Considering the whole financial industry is essentially a house of cards ponza scheme.
edit on 12-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think the question should be why Apple stock option didn't raise more. If you invested money in Apple last year, you never were in a losing situation*. Apple stock are outperforming the DJI (Dow Johns industial average) index, meaning that you get a higher yield than most of the option evaluated in DJI.

There is a graph showing the dow johns industrial average vs apple stock option in relative price.

*Edit: Seems like you where in a losing situation a little bit after October, (as seen in the graph)
edit on 12-9-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

Additional Data:
AAPL vs DJI, S&P500, bond and T-Bill (I don't know what T-Bill is, if someone can tell me, I will apreciate)

edit on 12-9-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It is fairly simple across the board of how Apple is viewed. Their watch at this point is considered a poor addition to their stable. And then they release that huge ipad. Having the co-founder finally say what many people have suspected for years about Jobs and you begin to see an empire with a martyr stripped of his clothes.

Apple products are aimed at the elitist of the middleclass or the more gullible of those of lower positions. Apple leaves a bad taste in your mouth as you munch on reality in general.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Kind of off this subject:
I am not a big fan of Apple or iPads in particular....but that pencil thingy looks amazing....
And I know other manufacturers have had one for years but the 13" iPad Pro will definitely be under my Christmas tree this year...
Plus it comes in rose gold...so I have to buy it, right?
-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
When Jobs was alive he ridiculed the need for a stylus. He made sure Apple products were at least svelte. Now he's gone and Apple is making an iPencil that costs $99.

If it weren't for their music service keeping Apple relevant the company would be in far more trouble. I don't think Apple will be around in 10 years, except maybe as some sort of online music streaming service.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
They're just not relevant anymore. My Samsung is arguably superior and intel + android is pushing midrange smartphones down in price to where high end super costly is making less sense.

What do they have besides the iphone? They haven't ran unique gear in PCs for about a decade now. Apple died with jobs, but people have yet to accept that.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Short selling plays a role.

Apple Inc. Short Interest

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They just had an event and product launch.

Come on man, the new "Apple Pencil"! It's a $120 styus! People are unable to NOT want the thing!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here's the way the market operators work.....when the price pulls away from a level quickly....at some point the market makers have to goback to that level for a good reason......youtube unsquared candles........to square the positions....or to say they make deals ninety miles an hour and gave their clients filled trades there but the price moved up so fast in the frenzy....they lost money unless the price can go back someday.......usually within two months it goes back by large scale manipulation which is ok because otherwise we wouldn't be able to trade so much volatility....
but don't be a small scale manipulator....you go to jail....in the headlines....

the answer....unsquared price levels.....cause the price ....TOOK OFF

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

My girl has gone through two Samsung Galaxy phones in the time I've had my iPhone 5c. She had the S5 and now has the S6. Both of those phones always were crashing and were constantly slowing to a standstill.

I've come to realize that my friends with Android phones are totally used to the performance of their phones, to them they don't notice these issues. These are the same people that run Windows are have been using it for years. After all that time they don't even notice having to force quit programs or restart their gear.

It was funny...it wasnt until I gave my girl my old white Macbook that she started noticing the issues she was having with non-Apple tech products. The Macbook just worked. It never froze up, slowed down or needed to be restarted.

I get real tired of hearing her complain about her S6 Active ... "This phone I swear to God! Look1 It's frozen again!" I asked, checked and no -- she doesn't have any apps that could be spyware or cause these issues. She only uses mainstream apps that everyone (myself included) uses.

Android is just a buggy OS, designed to run on all kinds of hardware. The OS programmers have to make an OS that isn't tailored to the hardware it runs on. The fragmentation across devices in the OS is also another problem. There are a TON of versions of Android, and app developers have to keep this in mind when making apps (compatabiblity issues). When iOS releases a new version, it's adopted practically overnight and all iPhone users are on the same page.

I'm by no means an Apple fanboy -- I don't agree with a lot of their decisions on products, but I will give them credit that they create a really right hardware/software combination, maximizing both. When you write the OS specifically for the hardware you know it'll be run on, you have a huge advantage.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

My girl has gone through two Samsung Galaxy phones in the time I've had my iPhone 5c. She had the S5 and now has the S6. Both of those phones always were crashing and were constantly slowing to a standstill.

I had the S4, have the S6 edge plus. Never had slowdown, and crashing is proven to be less often with android vs ios.

I've come to realize that my friends with Android phones are totally used to the performance of their phones, to them they don't notice these issues. These are the same people that run Windows are have been using it for years. After all that time they don't even notice having to force quit programs or restart their gear.

Nope. You know I run linux for anything important. I dig OSX, but there's no reason for it with my needs.

It was funny...it wasnt until I gave my girl my old white Macbook that she started noticing the issues she was having with non-Apple tech products. The Macbook just worked. It never froze up, slowed down or needed to be restarted.

My bro had a macbook a while back. It kinda worked for his needs, but then we built him a custom PC and he realized just how much a jip he was dealing with.

I get real tired of hearing her complain about her S6 Active ... "This phone I swear to God! Look1 It's frozen again!" I asked, checked and no -- she doesn't have any apps that could be spyware or cause these issues. She only uses mainstream apps that everyone (myself included) uses.

I was thinking of getting the S6 active, cause my S4 dropped to the bottom of the sink. The only complaint I have over this new phone is the double edges make it easier to drop, but I've adapted the way I hold it so it doesn't happen anymore.

Android is just a buggy OS, designed to run on all kinds of hardware. The OS programmers have to make an OS that isn't tailored to the hardware it runs on. The fragmentation across devices in the OS is also another problem. There are a TON of versions of Android, and app developers have to keep this in mind when making apps (compatabiblity issues). When iOS releases a new version, it's adopted practically overnight and all iPhone users are on the same page.

Seriously, you need to look into that some more. IOS has way more issues than android. I do agree with you on the compatibility issue, though. You do need to rework things for each version of droid.

I'm by no means an Apple fanboy -- I don't agree with a lot of their decisions on products, but I will give them credit that they create a really right hardware/software combination, maximizing both. When you write the OS specifically for the hardware you know it'll be run on, you have a huge advantage.

Hey, I'll give apple credit where it's due. They attempt to make things easier for the end user. I'm just a power user who prefers the additional capabilities afforded by android. I do think you're a bit of a fanboy, thou.

re: crash

crash

rate

///////

..but honestly, I've been eyeing outside of both manufacturers. ASUS is doing some really cool things with their zenfone2. It's $2-300 and for most people's needs is more than enough. I'm thinking this will prove the end of the $7-900 smartphone within 18months. Someone will do it just right and have the midrange nailed for $2-300, with high end products kicking butt in the $3,5-500 range.

Zenfone2

edit on 12-9-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well the watch was a great idea, poorly implemented. I have a feeling the 2nd generation Apple Watch will be a huge improvement and be the one to really take off. The same thing happened with the iPod and iPhone. Lesson? NEVER buy first generation Apple anything. LOL LOL

This new Apple Pen is dumb IMO, so is the new keyboard. Apple has a habbit of taking features other companies have tried and making them their own (MP3 player and iPod?) -- but, they wind up doing it in a way that actually seems to convince people they're ideas worth using. I had an MP3 player before my first iPod (and a minidisc player before that, anyone remember those things?!) ... the iPod made storing vast ammounts of music so much more manageable and easy. It was a huge improvement over an early Sansa.

I guess I dont understand the power user. To me, a power user on a PC is like the guy that buys a Honda Civic and is constantly upgrading the engine and putting body kits, NOS systems, exhaust systems, and lowering the springs. Why not just buy a Lotus in the first place? If you want a sports car, just buy a sports car LOL.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join