It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping with the door open?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I'd love to keep the windows open, especially with fall moving in here.... But I'm a paranoid momma, and my kids windows do not stay open at night. They are closed with double locks. We are about to move to a more secluded area, and maybe then I'd feel more comfortable with it, but not now.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Never done it, always the last job of the night is to lock up, 30-40 years ago it was common for people to leave doors unlocked here in the UK but quite often there was nothing worth stealing around here

But given we keep hearing of people leaving doors open then sitting with a loaded gun waiting for someone to enter on the otherside of the pond it gets a bit worrying that people get so paranoid about being broken into that they leave doors open and then wait

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
Both my adopters are semi feral so I have to give them some leeway.

Now they're locked

What changed?

K~

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Haven't heard that specifically but given some of what I read it wouldn't surprise me.

K~

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: Liquesence

Now they're locked

What changed?

K~

Nothing specific except common sense. It's common sense to lock the door. It's not hard for me to lock a door. It would be stupid and lazy not to. Even though a locked door is not going to deter a determined criminal, it just *might* deter someone who is looking for easy access and an easy burglary (unless I am specifically targeted), which would keep me safe(r) during the night.

Better safe(r) than sorry.

And, it's a dangerous world.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My doors are wide open.
Come on in. Sit a spell.
Kick your boots off.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Wait bedroom door or outside door?

I sleep with the bedroom door open (kinda don't think I should as I live in a fairly small house and that door locked could buy me precious seconds), but never with the doors to the outside unlocked/open. just asking for trouble. A lot of crime is opportunity based, leaving the door open makes it easier.

If the front or back door is open someone could slip in, if not they're going to make a racket smashing glass or kicking down the door, which will hopefully wake me up, but certainly get the dogs going which does actually wake me up.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Outside door propped open to let the critters wander in & out.

K~

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I would most definitely not leave the front or rear door to my property open/unlocked.
I would not even leave the bedroom door open - it's the last line of noise/defense if anyone was trying to get in and I need to be able to hear it.

Make sure your door knob/handle/whatever are squeaky.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
dp
edit on 18-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Yeah that seems like asking for trouble depending on the neighborhood. Even if I was out in the country I wouldn't be comfortable doing that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join