It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Outpost Found On Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

A remarkable artifact has been found on the red planet by the Mars Curiosity Rover. The artifact which could be the remnants of a martian outpost or possibly the top half of a partially buried flying saucer was photographed by the rover as it surveyed the martian surface.

What do you think? over imagination or evidence of NASA filter tampering?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: andre18

From source:

After we have applied some colorization......

And a whole sh!t load of Pareidolia...!

Lol

link   

Genuinely not sure what to think of this, it's very interesting to say the least - S&F for the post.

Does anyone know prior reliability of Paranormal Crucible though? Are they known for really digging or could this be photo manipulation on their part & not NASA?

link   
hahahahahahaa what does the video say "we had to run the image through several stages of photoshop
to convert a weathered dome of rock in to a fake UFO"

Give me a break!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

sorry i am not normally so dismissive but really i mean REALLY! their manipulation clearly
shows "features" being phased in that are just not there in the original.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Looks exactly like a rock until they run it through several filters.

In other words - until it looked like a UFO...

GTFO Seriously.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Here's the thing - what sort of stupid advanced race builds crap in the middle of a desert with a complete disregard to supporting infrastructure?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

ah but but it all undergound innit!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

To be fair, you're assuming it was desert when it was built, you're looking at it now without knowing what was before and then assuming it's always been like this

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Understood, I still put this in the same category as the beautiful large-breasted ghost lady who was photographed on the edge of a rock outcrop.......in the middle of the desert.

Same with the hamster and silverback Gorilla, sun-rock and a myriad of other things that look like things.

Like you, I am waiting for the actual money-shot giving undeniable proof that intelligent life exists beyond Earth.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Even if there was a ship on Mars, and the rover took a nice pic, no one here would be seeing that since it's classified. Stuff that is easily refutable, but might be something artificial will be used as comedy fodder by our friendly generals, admirals, and other brass.
Some of them are probably laughing even now.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Had my hopes up when I saw the thread on the 'recent' list and it was not in the Hoax bin. Opened up the thread and was disappointed.

Some day it will be real. Some day.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Definitely overactive imagination but keep 'em coming. I love this stuff, even if it's just fuel for daydreams.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hoax (or Hoaz) this offering. When someone takes a genuine Mars pic, photoshops it until it's like a color-by-numbers painting, and then puts it on the net as a "discovery" of this-or-that on Mars, it once again demeans and degrades the actual small exomarine fossils which may or may not have been noticed and posted on the net before.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You KNOW its not real. WE know its not real...Not Alien, not an "outpost", not "discovered"....but definitely photo-shopped.

Stop. Just stop....

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It's fun though, no?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It was fun when I was like 14...but then I grew up. If you liked this, subscribe to Weekly World News. And let us know if you locate either Noah's Ark in a Kmart's parking lot or you find BATBOY....

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That's quite a leap there.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Recently I responded to someone else asking about a picture they thought seemed paranormal. As a longtime published photographer with years of experience, I debunked that picture and found that I recieved a lot of positive feedback from other responders. Anyway, I figured I'd do the same here.

What appears initially in the image from Mars is simply a plateau of rock, entirely geological and not alien. The "colorizing and enhancing" done to this image is something one can easily do In Photoshop. I'm going to make a few basic points and leave it at that:

1. Notice the shadows on the face of the plateau in the original picture. The tone and darkness of these shadows matches the shadows in the rest of the picture. In the altered version, these shadows grow darker. That's because they increased the contrast, but only in a localized area, giving the plataeu's shadows a false sense of depth. I've used this same effect in highly manipulated artistic photography to create depth or negative space out of shadows.

2. These false-depth shadows are accentuated by the brightened and "colorized" top of the plateau, an effect that is entirely manipulative and not something that in any way exists in the original photograph. Notice the addition of some blue tinted shading used to give the object a metallic and rounded appearance. These colors have been added to give this geological feature the appearance of something foreign. It's such a cheap trick in photography that it's hard to even call it a trick.

3. Whenever color is added, contrast is increased, or the degree of sharpness to an object is manually (as in not applied to the entire picture but selected in localized regions) adjusted, the resultant changes to the image are in no way evoquing reality, but rather the imagination of the manipulator.

Please don't fall victim to these sorts of things. I am by no means a blind skeptic. I'm willing to entertain real evidence when I see it. This however is not real evidence, it is simply fabricated and false. Like I said, I'm not blind.

reply to: andre18

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Like Las Vegas?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join