It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the CERN LHC "Power up" being aired on TV live at all??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just as the topic asks... I wasn't sure where to put this as it was a general question & didn't want to plug up any other forum...

So does anybody know if the CERN reverb next Wednesday is being screened live on TV at all? (I'm in the UK) - I'd have thought so considering how important to human/planetary advancement it's supposed to be, but I've seen no evidence it will be.

Thanks guys 👍🏼

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I would think that would be about as much fun as watching a microwave.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Coming to Europe live at 8 a.m.- We present the: Gates of Hell!! Now; open.
Preluded by some damonic dancing in front of demon statues. Hoh yeah.

Seriously though, i doubt it. What do you expect them to film live? An electron? Lol nothing they will be firing will be anywhere near enough to view over television.

It would be cool though. I cant wait to hear results.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My assumption / opinion is this occasion is about as important as food packages being shot up to the ISS, if not more so, and those get aired by NASA every time...

Just figured somewhere may air it, esp with all the controversy surrounding it.

Thanks though guys.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBatch

There will be three seconds of old footage of researchers cheering, and a flash of the site under construction, on most news programs, with a brief "they switched it back on" commentary.

This will most likely be between the weather and the clip about cute guide-dog that saved its master from fatal halitosis.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

What would you expect to see? Nothing. Its all in the equipment. Unless you just want to listen to the "hummmmmmm".....

I agree with Bluntone22...there wont be anything TO see

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype
Thats ok , bring it . I have taken my chainsaw and BFG out of the closet and cleaned them . Also have plenty of energy cells.

Back on topic . It would be almost as much fun as watching water come to a boil.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Bah who cares. I am still waiting for the LHC to create a real life Flash.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

ok seriously guys? we need to beat the op down for suggesting they might televise it simply because you think its to boring?

you know they made an entire movie about it right?
www.imdb.com...
and you know, ya it was boring, but i still watched it to the end, i found it informative and enlightening even if it was slow and boring,

for them to televise it would be an equal decision to making this film they made,

so lets not allow "its to boring" to be the excuse we buy for why they arent televising it, cause that isnt the reason.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

There is two webcams online at the moment
Underground Experimental Cavern from the Saleve side and 1st Floor of the SCX building that houses the CMS Control room.

www.cyriak.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Thats ok , bring it . I have taken my chainsaw and BFG out of the closet and cleaned them . Also have plenty of energy cells.

Great idea, make a big noise with your chainsaw, demons are afraid of big noises - well at least that is what the east asians think.

Seriously, you cant see anything happening, you have to see the results on a computer screen.
But is does seem unlikely that the opening of the abyss and swarming forth of legions of demons would not be televised somehow.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Thanks for that...

As I explained, NASA televise rockets shooting food and aid packages up to the ISS constantly, not exactly seeing much more in that regard & most of the footage there is of a control room which I'd assume this would be too.

It's a scientific breakthrough, one of the biggest of our time IMO, can't see "it'd be boring" to some watching as a reason not to televise, personally.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Underground Experimental Cavern from the Saleve side and 1st Floor of the SCX building that houses the CMS Control room.

www.cyriak.co.uk...

Thank you for this 👍🏼

ETA: Just went to that link and all I can see is text saying just as you did. No actual links to the cams 👀
edit on 12-9-2015 by TheBatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBatch

www.cyriak.co.uk...

Thank you for this 👍🏼

ETA: Just went to that link and all I can see is text saying just as you did. No actual links to the cams 👀

Did not work on ipad or phone for me either.. only pc, works fine here

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBatch

www.cyriak.co.uk...

Thank you for this 👍🏼

Did not work on ipad or phone for me either.. only pc, works fine here

That makes sense then, I was using my iPhone. I'll check later on my PC.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Man, I was just drinking my coffee. Need a new keyboard

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I have to admit when the cams went offline and everything went black (In a weird way) I had a little moment of
"wth".

Thanks for the link.

new topics

top topics

join