It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Increases Tsunami Support to $350 Million

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

as posted by thematrix
We are one planet, one human race, we have to stand together to help eachother and we have to stop acting competitive about who gives the most stinking bloodmoney, money is worthless to the people that die while we all quarel and spit out bull about who is the better selfish *****. If you want to give money, do it for those people, not for your ego or to feel better.

Yes, yes, and your "real numbers" dissertation between the EU, which is a separate entity when compared to its member states giving individually, and the US has done so very much to diminish the politicalized "competitive" nature of this topic and its acts of relief for the tsunami stricken nations, eh? Great way to bring the world together as one, as one race....

Side note: you might want to edit out your profanity since this is quoted, in bold, within each topic within the ATSNN forum, besides it being in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use:

seekerof

[edit on 31-12-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was wondering if Bill Gates and/or Microsoft will pledge a whopper... It would be cool to see him donate 1 billion dollars (with pinky finger in side of mouth). Wouldn't that be a statement? It would be great advertising as well...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The 35 million, and even this 350 million are only what America is giving at the current moment. We'll end up giving far more, which makes many of the complaints completely unjustified.

It has already been stated that the aid from America will end up being over a billion.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Talking about being in splits over the political rhetoric that is transpiring over this tragic event, has most of you playing politics over the people's dead bodies that were lost in this castastrophe!

What happend to moral relativism?

You people cry over $15 million, then you cry over $35 million, and then you people are moaning and groaning (crying) over $350 million. What this proves is how ridiculous you people are in your on humanitarian way of thinking. Hell, if the US were to allocate $1 Billion it still wouldn't be good enough!!

Dude, I am not groaning over the $350 million. Although this matches only the economic giving power of Kuwait, this small amount will provide some relief to these countries. All I am showing you is that I forecasted this several hours before. US had no choice. It had to save it's face.

It's all politic baby. That's what's funny about it.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
lets rent out alll the curse ships and put all the 5 million displaced people on them and they be safe until we find them a place to live.lets build a bunch of ships that can handle rescue operations in the futrure anyways where going to need them .flukemol

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
According to this story, Japan has made a surprise donation of $500million, which actually shocked many people due to the current state of the Japanese economy.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There is no law preventing you or me from giving donations to these places that were struck with disaster. Why is everyone focusing on the 35 million or 350 million dollars. If you don't think it is enough, DONATE YOUR MONEY!!! If I want to give money to disaster relief, I CAN!!! BUT I don't beleive the government should be able to take any amount they see fit at GUNPOINT. WHY IS THE FOCUS ONLY ON MONEY GIVEN BY THE GOVERNMENT AND NOT PRIVATE CITIZENS??? IS OUR MONEY ONLY GOOD IF THE GOVERNMENT SIEZES IT AND REDISTRIBUTES IT? Does it have to be from the government to be legitimate??? NO!NO!NO! But you would think so the way people are acting. Maybe if the Government let me keep more of my HARD EARNED MONEY, I could AND WOULD donate more. Also, does anyone know the current amount donated by PRIVATE organizations? I bet it's alot.

If you feel like giving money to a homeless person, give him your money.. not mine. Maybe I want to give the homeless person money, but I shouldn't HAVE to by force of gunpoint because YOU THINK I SHOULD!!!. I'll take your money at gunpoint and give it to the homeless person... how would you like that? It is not one persons job to decide how another person will exercise generosity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join