It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina police officer saves suicidal man with hug

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
A Raleigh PD officer on his way home saw a man sitting on a bridge and stopped to talk to him.

In the end, he managed to get the guy back over the railing and was able to make sure the man got the help he needed.

Not much to add on my own behalf, just thought maybe we could use a reminder that perhaps all is not lost yet.

m.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And later on he would still commit suicide anyways...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Serve and protect.

Glad to see a man who actually embodies these three words.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: boozo

And a year later you will still be, well, you.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Good on this officer, way to go that extra mile to help someone in need

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
S&F, thanks for sharing. Sadly, the good ones never get as much recognition as the bad ones. I'm glad you took the time to share.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You know, this is missing in many people and only if they'd just even smile or wave at another human being, this world would be that much better.

We're human, we're very social creatures, whether we believe it or not.

I saw this earlier today and it warmed my heart.

All this guy needed was to know he wasn't alone and someone actually gave a darn about him.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i remember some black guy who was having a heart attack and crashed his car and got tazed and his foot ran over by his own car when the cops came. weird.

good on that cop though. i hope he serves and protects 'Every one'!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I remember this one guy who, whenever hearing about something good in the world, had to quickly remind everybody about this one time that this bad thing happened to this other person, using a story that was germane in the remotest sense of the word as his example.

It was like five minutes of happiness and sunshine was an affront to him on a deeply personal level.

And then I forgot all about him. Didn't forget that bad things happen on a daily basis. Kind of hard to do that, since it's pushed so hard by so many. But him, him I forgot about.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Why? If people want to kill themselves let them. The weak have always self culled themselves....I think it's a genetic switch that says hey....you dont belong here

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Can't applause that officer enough, well done star and flag.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway
Why? If people want to kill themselves let them. The weak have always self culled themselves....I think it's a genetic switch that says hey....you dont belong here

And I think your view is insensitive and mean, lacking empathy, while you can argue some cases have a 'right to die', the majority are caught in the throws of misery and despair, therefor not capable of making rational choices. So saving their lives is heroic and should be applauded.(because it could happen to anyone including you) saying this is a self kill switch is wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
And later on he would still commit suicide anyways...

Hey boozo, or is that spelled Beau ZOW..that's not the appropriate type of comment to make now is it..are you simply "clowning" around a bit with that..

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
See, there are some good US cops out there. They're not all trigger happy psychos.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

#SLM suicidal lives matter???????

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway

I have always heard that suicide is simply anger turned inward. Probably the type of angry people to help. The angry people externalizing their anger hurting other people are the scumbags with no societal value and need to be leaving this earth.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The saddest part here is, there are in fact people that honestly feel that not every life matters.

Every life matters.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

The weak have always culled themselves?

Guess that explains all those asylums where families could send their handicapped members and forget about them.

For decades.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
S&F, thanks for sharing. Sadly, the good ones never get as much recognition as the bad ones. I'm glad you took the time to share.

They don't do that kinda work for recognition or praise...it's a pretty thankless job most of the time which goes with the territory.

They do it to help prevent their neighbourhoods and others just like it from falling down the toilet.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

#SLM suicidal lives matter???????

Not if they happen to be piloting a full 747 at the time...no.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join