It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope~"Earth Will Be Consumed By Hellfire From Above" True Or BS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I've just stumbled upon this article in the link below. In it,it claims that the Pope made this comment during a sermon. There are a few more details adding to this,although the article was fairly short actually.

I have no idea about the credibility of this source and statement? It came from a usually decent site that updates certain things like this, but I am curious to know if there is anything to this? what with all the talk of September 23rd and around this time.

So I just thought i'd share it here on ATS for some further probing.

twclark66.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Yeah ... I don't know. He could be playing into the hype. Although I wouldn't call an asteroid "hellfire," but we do know that God doesn't destroy the earth with water but with fire this time around.

He could be talking about a catastrophic solar flare type incident. I know I've seen at least one person on some other forums who believes that a solar kill shot is one of the few things that would develop suddenly enough and create enough of the required incidents of the Day of the Lord scenario to fit, especially the atmospheric requirements.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, if the pope is referring to the possibility of mankind destroying itself using their own nukes, I'd say he's probably correct.

If he's talking about some invisible being that's about eleventy trillion years old, sees all, knows all, rules the Universe and will wave his finger of flame to destroy all mankind in his own sense of judgement, I'd say he's off his rocker.

Jude

edit on 9 11 2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The source also has articles such as "Vatican City Conducts Successful Nuclear Test" and "Donald Trump Demands Vatican Release Jesus' Birth Certificate"....

Do you really have to ask if it's BS?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
That's it! It does sound like it would be alluding to something like that? with a cosmic origin?

I think it's all on the cards perhaps? Solar flares? Meteorites? Etc? I can't help but think of the Fatima prophecies actually..

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
In this form. Probably.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I did see that this source in the OP 'borrowed' or passed on this info, with that said it's always better to ask than not..

a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
In this form. Probably.

Ouch!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well said! thanks! you got Me chuckling at one point!

a reply to: jude11

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Pope says Earth Will Be Consumed By Hellfire

global warming propaganda, but like any good propaganda there is some truth too it.

edit on 11-9-2015 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Looks like the Pope has been reading the bible, its says that next its not by a flood, but by fire, what kind I don't think it states. (such as nuclear, volcanic, asteroid, solar flare).

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

According to that wordpress site, which anyone can create, source the Pope is coming to talk to the UN about, same sex marriages, immigration, and aliens.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Source, please.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Looks like the Pope has been reading the bible

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Source, please.

ya , which bible are we talking about..

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
He could have got it from 2 Peter ch3 v10;
"...the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burnt up".
Whether he said it or not, it has a Biblical origin, and it used to be a standard assumption of church teaching.
Revelation just says that heaven and earth "flee away", which looks like another way of describing the same event.

P.S.My guess is that he did not use the word "hellfire". Just "fire" in the original, I suspect.

edit on 11-9-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hmm interesting...

OP, do we have a more reliable source?

What the Pope supposedly mentions is the great chastisement mentioned at Fatima and Medjugorje. It might be a real thing.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

There is no source, just an OP taken in by uncharacteristic nonsense rumors about the pope.
I hope you know what bearing false witness means. If you follow the religion, you should abide by it.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Was about to edit that post. Yeah, Nahh it's a hoax this claim.

Along with many other things he supposedly said.

m.ncregister.com...-GTqA

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
I've just stumbled upon this article in the link below. In it,it claims that the Pope made this comment during a sermon. There are a few more details adding to this,although the article was fairly short actually.

I have no idea about the credibility of this source and statement? It came from a usually decent site that updates certain things like this, but I am curious to know if there is anything to this? what with all the talk of September 23rd and around this time.

So I just thought i'd share it here on ATS for some further probing.

twclark66.wordpress.com...

the laws of probability make that a true statement, eventually earth will get hit by one big-ass meteor.....however pinpointing the time frame is anyone's guess, 5 to 5,000,000 years, that's the best I can do

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Even if there is a meteorite, comet, asteroid, nuclear war, the Sun will become a red giant. So it's 100% guaranteed in 5 billion years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join