It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouiji board-Real or fiction?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
my friends freaked out once because i was in the kitchen while they were playing with the board in the living room.they reckoned the glass started moving faster when my dog entered the room when i went back in.they though it was my dads spirit in the dog.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
They are real. They are not toys, but are entrance ways to the demon world. You aren't talking to dead people or angels, but are being manipulated by demons. Leave the things alone! Run away! Get out!

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   

the people using it where subconsciously or unconsciously moving the thingy to the responses that they "wanted" to see.

I used to believe likewise...even while using them, and automatic writing. However, the more I did it, the more it seemed to me that this was from an external source, not my own subconscious. I doubt my own subconscious is really that creative, or destructive enough to act as some of the 'entities' I've spoken with through these means. Who knows though? There are still alot of mysteries about our own minds... Maybe when we use these tools, we're just communicating with ourselves deep inside, vs. an outside source. Either way, I've been both enlightened, and repulsed.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
Oh, and a word of warning. Smash the glass when you finish...

why? what happens if you keep the glass around afterwards? does the spirit get attached to the glass or something?

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i suppose by societys standard they wouldnt make model citizens but then again they dont live in society.whenever we wanted to talk to a different spirit we turned the glass upside down and burnt it out the only times the glass smashed was if we made it mad.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well my sister bought one out of curiosity a couple of years back. We used it like 3 times. And after some scary stuff happened, we never used it again. It has been sitting in one of our closets to this day.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The 'Ouija Board' or 'Talking Board', as they were first known as when they came about are very much real, and if tried on your own will, encourage evil to come out!

He's a bit of history I found on the net!

The name 'Ouija' comes from the French and German words for yes, "oui" and "ja". There are many different types of Ouija Boards, which can have differing layouts and can be made from a variety of materials. The board usually consists of the letters of the alphabet, 0-9 in numbers and the words "yes" and "no". The user or users of the board lightly touch a pointer (sometimes called a planchette) and the pointer moves and spells out the answers to questions asked of the Ouija. Usually this pointer is mounted on castors to help it move freely about the board.

Ouija boards become very popular in the 1960's, a time of resurgent interest in all things occult and metaphysical, and were sold in many countries as a board game.

Some believe that the Ouija offers proof as to life after death. Others, though, believe that the answers to the Ouija come from unconscious mind of the one or all of the sitters.

Persons of a nervous disposition can be frightened easily when using a Ouija board and it is suggested that they should therefore avoid them. it must also be pointed out that there is no scientific proof that they actually work, although there have been many claims over the years.

The earliest known patent for a talking board in the patent offices in London, England was filed by Adolphus Theodore Wagner, a professor of music and resident of Berlin of the Kingdom of Prussia. Wagner described his device as a "PSYCHOGRAPH, OF APPARATUS FOR INDICATING PERSONS THOUGHTS BY THE AGENT OF NERVOUS ELECTRICITY" on January 23, 1854.

If using the Ouija board is the equivalent of opening a door into the unknown, then it should be understood that the user of the board has no control as to who might walk through that door and into his or her life. It could be pleasant and helpful spirit, or it could be a malevolent spirit.

So be prepared for anything when you try something out, that you know nothing about!

blackwidow

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok, my friend has this "glow-in-the-dark" Ouiji board, prolly from Wall Mart or something. We have used it a couple times, but it doesn't work. Cuz we are moving it, whether we wanna admit it or not. We want it to work, so it does. Even with two people. The answers are always the answers that i want them to be, or think thay will be. And they are wrong a lot of times. I have never tried one of the specialty ones, but i would like to. I have a hard time believing that science has answered everything.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Three rules in case anybody does use a ouija board, I am in no way suggesting that it should be done, just offering some advice to make you safer:

1.)Ask the spirit three times if it is a good spirit. On the third time, it will tell the truth. Don't ask me why, it just does.

2.)Do not ask the spirit to provide proof of it's abilities by getting it to move an item around, or to extinguish candles. This can cause an opening that the spirit can enter the world through.

3.)Always say a 'Thank you' to the spirit when closing contact with the board, and ask that it causes no harm to any person as it returns to where it came from.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
any one knows if home made Ouiji boards work, or do they have to be specially made from wood..

I have found out that the regular Ouiji boards from toys'r'us don't work as good as wooden ones...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
they've worked fine for me...

Apparently though, if a specific person is wished to be contacted, and that person is concentrated on during the making of a board, your chances are much greater. Not to mention, from a spiritual viewpoint, it would be more distinctive, and be a more visible "anchor" for the spirit to latch onto, than say millions of manufactured Ouija boards....

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I want to make a homemade one, but I have no clue what the planchette should be made out of . Any one have any suggestions or designs I can use?

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yeah, Beast, everyone knows a demon can't lie if asked the same question three times. (Sheesh, and I thought I drank too much!)

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I haven't used one in about 15 years, but I remember a couple of occassions being pretty freaked out. We were taking turns asking questions the others wouldn't know and it was pretty damn accurate. We even tried having the person who was asking take their fingers off, so I dont believe it's your subconsciuos.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
i agree with thomas... i never actually put my hands on one but i am a pretty good feeler of things and i felt a bad presence when some freinds of mine used them and i am not a greatly religious person but some where in the bible it says not to talk to the dead that is which craft so i wont do it but i am not judgin anyone else that does it you all do whatever u want thats just my story

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yeah, Beast, everyone knows a demon can't lie if asked the same question three times. (Sheesh, and I thought I drank too much!)

Have you even used a Ouija board?

[Edited on 6/22/2003 by Beast4rmDaEast]

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have an ouija board but I'm still not sure if it works. I have used it twice with 2 different groups of people, 1 time it worked, the other it didn't.

The 1 time it did work it was really wierd because I asked it a question that I knew no one else would know and it spelled out about half the name and I knew I was not moving it. I still remember the last person I talked to and it was some Spanish guy who died in Tx in like the early 1500s. It was wierd talking to someone from that long ago. I tried asking him who his leader was to see if he actually did exist but the other people thought that question was stupid, oh well.

The 1 time it didn't work, well I shouldn't be surprised, the 2 people I used it with are not very serious people in general.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Vander try to use 3 people, it makes a huge difference..!

Well I have successfully built and tested my Ouija board which successfully worked with a group of 3!
I didn�t even have to spent a dime building it and the great part was it only toke 3 steps to build it. After it was complete it worked like a charm. Here is how I did it :

1.) Printed a page-size image of the Ouija board from the internet.

2.)glued the Ouija image on a sheet of cardboard.

3.) Removed the lens from a mini magnifying lens and woo-la! You got yourself a mini planchette.

The first question we asked the Ouija board was if there were any spirits in the room and it replied immediately with a �Yes�. After that we asked it for its name and age and it replied to us that its name was �Cahl� and it was 58 years old. After doing so we asked where cahl was from? It told us it was from US/TV. I got what the US meant but was unclear about the TV part. ( maybe it might be a town in US !?! ), later on we lit a couple of candles and that�s when we heard our door swung open. It was physically impossible for this door to just open when there was no wind in the room and all the windows were closed. At this point I asked Cahl if there was any spirits and he replied with a Yes and told us �Trish� we asked for her age and he said �57" After that the board remained silent as if we lost contact with him. We decided to stop and said goodbye to cahl and closed the board.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
About a year or 2 ago, my wife(who is psychic) and I decided to mess around with a ouija board. She didn't want to, but I did, so we did it. The experience during the ouija didn't seem to be working but afterwards was when the fun began. She was not herself. We started wrestling and she kept trying to choke me. After a while I was saying "Carrie, stop!" and she replied with "Carrie is not here anymore". The ouija board was put away and under the bed at this point. When I found a break in the action, I moved the ouija board out of the room and I asked her why she attacked me and she said she didn't remember that last fifteen minutes. She claims she was possessed. I believe her because she was stronger than normal when she was wrestling/choking me. I won't let a ouija board anywhere near her again.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Why do this things never happen to me?
Anyways.. pretty freaky!
can you describe what you guys said to the Ouija board that made the possession to occur?

<< 1    3 >>

join