It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent well off happy family of 5 found dead in different rooms of mansion.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Honestly, I didn't just go off the money aspect that they were happy, I did some research and read whatever I could find. I found many statements from friends and co-workers stating they were a happy family.

But back to the money subject, most commonly, murder suicides are money related, normally it's because someone views their situation as unsolvable, many times, money issues are exactly that.

In the aftermath of a family murder
followed by a suicide, communities,
police, researchers and others search
for explanations. In difficult financial
times, it may be natural to look
for economic influences, especially
when the killer has recently lost a
job or has enormous financial
problems. Campbell found that
unemployment was a significant
risk factor for murder-suicide but
only when combined with a history
of domestic violence. In other words,
it was not a risk factor in and of itself
but was something that tipped the
scale following previous abuse.

Source

That doesn't make this the reason for this issue, nor does it mean he was happy.
I got that from the various comments from friends / co-worker, some of that is listed below.

He said Brian Short always appeared happy, easily greeting neighbors and sharing his love of cars, particularly Teslas. Plocek said he often saw Short clearing snow in the winter or saw the children walking with friends on their quiet street, which has only nine houses on it.

Source

'Nicest people in the world': Minn. family of five found dead ...

Source

“I can’t even fathom it,” said Kathy Lausche, who became friends with the family when they lived in Lakeville. “They were just your normal, typical family,” she said. “Their lives revolved around their kids.”

Brian and Karen Short were “at every single soccer game,” said Toni Plante

“[Brian Short] was a real generous guy with his time and conversation,” Bergsten said. Short was a Green Bay Packers fan who had a successful Internet business and could talk about any subject.

Source
edit on 11-9-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It IS certainly a tragedy rich or poor!
I live in a "lake community" not unlike the one that the Short's lived in.
Certainly not THAT affluent but one would, from the outside looking in, assume that my neighbors here have no worries-at least financial ones.
When we first moved in maybe a day or two after the neighbors across the street were yelling, cursing, fighting like cats and dogs. The police showed up of course. No one went to jail but we later found out that this happened all of the time. They eventually split but it sure was wild and turbulent for awhile!
A neighbor two houses away has a young daughter who is 13 now I think and it was revealed to us that she cuts herself and has attempted suicide twice. She has been hospitalized (psychiatric) maybe three times.
Three doors down the other direction there is a family (older, no young kids) who party on their dock nearly every weekend. There is generally always a fight or LOUD argument that just goes on and on...
When they start the S.O. and I grab the kids and come on back up to the house.
The language can get rather colorful shall we say!

Anywhoooo...doesn't matter rich or poor. Unbearable stressors, psychopathy, rage they know not your financial worth. They target some of us unbiasedly.
Such a shame that a Nurse could do this IF it turns out the father is the perpetrator...

The Nightingale Pledge
I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician, in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.

Link to above:
Pledge

edit on 11-9-2015 by TNMockingbird because: spellchecker

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just a thought - wild speculation though -- Ashley Madison fallout?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So because you read from other people that they were friendly and happy, it's completely far fetched that someone in the family presumably lost their mind and killed everyone?

It happens. It's called mental illness.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Has anyone though this might be a ex employee who took revenge on this family? Making it look like a murder suicide. If you knock someone out its easy to put a gun in their hands and suicide them. Th e police are lazy investigators in truth. they just want to open and shut cases easily as possible.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Don't get me wrong I can see you have at least attempted to research the information available regarding the incident and also referenced the sources/included links. I was just attempting to play devils advocate. End of the day it's a horrible thing to happen.

R.I. P to the poor soul's.
edit on 12-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join