It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda declares WAR on ISIS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I stand corrected, i was under the notion that isis formed out of extremist groups such as Al Qaeda and Al Nusra who joined forces.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is a Hitler invades hell moment. Not that I'm suggesting either side should be supported if you understand the reference.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of this ..www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: MrSpad

I stand corrected, i was under the notion that isis formed out of extremist groups such as Al Qaeda and Al Nusra who joined forces.

Thanks.

It gets incredibly confusing. Al Qaeda in Iraq did become ISIS. However Al Qaeda in Syria did not. In other places radical groups including some local Al Qaeda groups did also change to ISIS but, some did not and fight them instead. This happens because neither ISIS nor Al Qaeda are truly anything more than a loose coalition of local groups that already existed just taking the name for recruiting and funding. The situation in Syria has so many sides with so many groups even somebody like me who has dealt with the region for decades get confused on occasion. The factions among the Kurds alone gets beyond confusing. Which is why doing anything in this region is so hard.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

That ticking is the sound of money being counted.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join