It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 60 dead after crane collapses on world’s holiest mosque in Mecca

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Go ahead... raise your bottle in celebration of the dead.

This is for my fellow humans. Pours out a bottle of peirrie water.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Obviously the philosophy of "If you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut" isn't taught to children the way it once was.
I'm not going to tell anyone they should feel empathy over this, nor am I going to tell anyone they shouldn't... but my God, at least show a little bit of tact and don't act like savages celebrating the death of a bunch of complete strangers who likely have never done or wished you any ill. It's not just poor form, it's downright dumb.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Reallyfolks

The irony is that they died, so the jokes are about their death... since that is what happened.

I get the irony of it all, just think the dead still deserve some respect.
And jokes about it doesn't really pay much.

Guess we disagree, in that light someone upset Alan and I'm going with the theory that a crane operator was munching on a pulled pork sandwhich while working on the mosque. We definately have conspiracy working here.

What's Alan got to do with it?

Auto correct, I changed it. Alan Dulles maybe, this is a conspiracy site

I hate auto-correct.

link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: raedar

On the Anniversary of 9/11! This is too good...

they will find a way to blame the west for this too!

I don't see how this is too good. This is tragic and nothing more.

RIP to the victims and my thoughts are with their families.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Obviously the philosophy of "If you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut" isn't taught to children the way it once was.
I'm not going to tell anyone they should feel empathy over this, nor am I going to tell anyone they shouldn't... but my God, at least show a little bit of tact and don't act like savages celebrating the death of a bunch of complete strangers who likely have never done or wished you any ill. It's not just poor form, it's downright dumb.
It's not entirely their fault, they've been shrieked at by harpies like the one in my sig link for the last 15 years about how evil "they" are "over there". I guess threads like this really just go to show how many people are weak enough to fall for it.

link   
Mecca death toll is now 87.

I wonder if this Muslim cleric thinks THIS 9/11 event is funny.
Somehow, I doubt he does.

Muslim Cleric Makes 9/11 Joke, Then Says CNN Host Lacks ‘Sense of Humor’

dailysignal.com...

Short VIDEO:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Really, people?

sixty people just died. Kids just lost fathers. Father and mothers just lost children.

There's such a thing as class.

May their families find peace. In which ever God name.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Thread drift and differing opinions aside. Unlike other mods who may not take that same approach...much respect to you.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Some of you guys need to take a long hard look at yourselves. utterly shameful posts.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

True,but what I dont understand is WHy feel sad for the dead? they are having a better time than we are thats for sure. If you want to feel sad mourn the living who are left behind. I want people to have a party when Im dead. have a drink makes jokes. better than having a room full of depressing.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

And two wrongs don't make a right.

If that mans joke was classless, which it was, then so are these.

Lets not try to justify either.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

edit on 11-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Mecca death toll is now 87.

I wonder if this Muslim cleric thinks THIS 9/11 event is funny.
Somehow, I doubt he does.

Muslim Cleric Makes 9/11 Joke, Then Says CNN Host Lacks ‘Sense of Humor’

dailysignal.com...

Short VIDEO:
www.youtube.com...

This cleric teaches other humans his philosophy, I tip the bottle to his God's answer.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

...and you could try not turning everything into a political ethos pissing match, painting broad brush strokes across posts you disagree with and trying to pigeonhole them into having come from a specific side of the aisle. There's a time and a place for everything, but to be blunt, partisan sniping in a thread discussing the deaths of nearly 100 religious celebrants is every bit as distasteful as rejoicing over their death because their religious affiliation differs from your own. Both = poor form

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Exactly, feel sad for the family that lost their loved ones today.
Making jokes about how it is their fault for worshiping the wrong god or for actions by other people isn't how you do that.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

...and you could try not turning everything into a political ethos pissing match, painting broad brush strokes across posts you disagree with and trying to pigeonhole them into having come from a specific side of the aisle. There's a time and a place for everything, but to be blunt, partisan sniping in a thread discussing the deaths of nearly 100 religious celebrants is every bit as distasteful as rejoicing over their death because their religious affiliation differs from your own. Both = poor form

Fair enough. Sifting though this sort of filth at a time like this sets my blood a'boilin, so yeah I certainly began drifting there.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

edit on 11-9-2015 by neo96 because: editing

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

Enough!

ATS Staff is taking a very dim view of those who would make jokes or humor over the tragedy of the loss of life.

Knock off the jokes. Any loss of life is a horrible thing, no mater who it is that died.

We expect proper civilty and decorum in these forums.

Anymore jokes or snide comments will be removed and post bans handed out.

Do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: yuppa

Exactly, feel sad for the family that lost their loved ones today.
Making jokes about how it is their fault for worshiping the wrong god or for actions by other people isn't how you do that.

That I'll agree with, making jokes about the irony though is not mean, nor disrespectful or anything else. Some people need to toughen up. Quite honestly more people than that died in the US the past 24 hours. Not a peep even by the media. Not happy about the death, it's ironic.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A god that takes 14 years to respond ? this is not an act of God , While I very much doubt it it's more likely weather manipulation but to be honest I call COINCEDENCE.

I don't feel people dying is a laughing matter no matter who it is.

KUHL

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks
What is there to toughen up about?

The jokes are disrespectful. I am not offended by them just disappointed people want to make them.

And yes there is a difference of people dying over a 24 hour span than an event like this. Hence why it may receive more coverage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join