It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staggering picture of extra-terrestrial organism is PROOF of alien life, scientists claim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Yes, the picture is different. The overall claim, however, is the same one that these two have presented on at least four other occasions that I'm aware of.

I don't appreciate your calling me a troll...Try doing some research into the pair, so you at least have an idea what you're talking about, before hurling insults.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No.
Those two are in it together.
They have repeatedly put out 'proof of alien life' stories, citing microscopic evidence.
They have never had anyone back them up in peer reviews... only debunked.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Frocharocha

Funny how this thread pops up when In 45 mins time I'm watching 'The Andromeda Strain'.

Coincidences these days...

Amazing! But under what generalization can it be referred to as a "creature"?

Still....simply amazing!

I would prefeer just to call it a microrganism. But i think creature is also a god way to name an undentified microrganism.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Constance
I'm wondering why so many people react with such resistance to the idea of life elsewhere in the universe.

Nobody except for religious fundamentalists has an issue with the idea of life existing elsewhere in the universe. To claim that such life has been found, however, requires significant, verifiable evidence. Wainwright and Wickramasinghe have none.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Has there been a single post on ATS that you did not have an answer for? Or do you always assume you know everything?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Constance

Soylent's points are spot on really. He accepts the possibility that these particulates could be from out in space and asks for more evidence. That's the definitive behaviour of a true skeptic.

The Buckingham guys say nothing organic can be lifted so high above the Earth. Maybe they're right. How do they propose to explain how microbes and/or indeterminate particulates traverse space? What propels them? What sustains them?

What indicator led to them labelling the object in the photo a life-form?

The Cardiff and Buckingham guys might be proven correct one day. Soylent's argument is that it will take more evidence than they've offered so far. Isn't that a good way to look at it?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Has there been a single post on ATS that you did not have an answer for?

Many.

...Or do you always assume you know everything?

Far from it. I do, however, know that any (and every) time Wickramasinghe and/or Wainwright claim to have "proof" of alien life, that they have no such thing. Their methods are questionable at best, they reach conclusions that are not supported by their data, and they refuse to submit their work for peer review (because they know it doesn't hold up).

If you would spend some time looking into them, their methods, their history of unsupported claims, and the criticism they receive from legitimate scientists, rather than assuming that it's true, based on one or two articles, you too would know this.
edit on 9/11/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Exactly.

I have no problem with the general idea of Panspermia, nor do I even have problem with the idea that these things in the OP's article could possibly be ET.

However, I do have a problem with Wickramasinghe and Wainwright's methodologies and the way they reach their conclusions.

I mean, just because I generally feel that life may have traveled to Earth from elsewhere in space does NOT mean that I will blindly believe every claim of such. And I've come to learn that Wickramasinghe and Wainwright's claims are often problematic.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ppl are after your blood today. Judge them not for I too took the source at face value without having the prior knowledge of their past misleading.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well known charlatans, but of course i am a shill

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Neat picture, I've always dug those electron microscope pics.

Looks like the dude is throwing devil horns at us!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

IS THAT BABBOO!?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I didnt mean to come across as a pompous a# to you. Sorry about that.
I did some follow up, because i never heard of these 2 before and see what you mean.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Neat picture, I've always dug those electron microscope pics.

Looks like the dude is throwing devil horns at us!

Electron microscope, or just clever usage of shaders?
Look, there are some demoscene prods, that can make such images.
edit on 11-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I went to your source www.buckingham.ac.uk... and read their article. I even viewed their photo . It looks nothing like the picture in the OP. So WTH are you blathering about? Your link just proves that your Trolling again!

geer changes his sh@@ from time to time, what make you think these two shysters don't do the same.
they come out with the same kinda story but change a few things.

if i'm not mistaken last time the used balloons, there's a thread about it. and guess what, the two they say they found looks different than the two shown here.
ATS thread from Seot 2013
British scientists claim to have found proof of alien life
and one from May 2012
Egg found in Martian Meteorite

edit on 11-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I honestly don't know why people have any doubt about some life existing elsewhere int he universe. I find it highly arrogant and a bit stupid considering the sheer scale of the cosmos. Even if no intelligent life is elsewhere (it is imo) there will at least be some microorganisms all over the place. We have extremophiles here on earth where no sunlight ever reaches. We have organisms found in a billion year old water totally sealed off from everything for that time. Now if we have 1 billion year old organisms here on earth then there will be gazillions of them throughout the universe, of that there can be no doubt whatsoever, yet people will doubt this for some reason.

It is said all life here on earth started from amino acids, something that wouldn't be that hard to replicate on other earth-like planets, combine that with the age of the universe and it's incredibly unlikely that no other world bares life. It annoys me when people say "but we have never found any life outside of earth so we can't say for certain that it exists". From a scientific standpoint this is a true statement, but from a logical and common sense standpoint it is bullshiiit. We have barely left our freaking planet! Where has man gone other than the moon and some parts of Mars? Pretty much nowhere. We are hoping to explore Europa soon but even that is still within our tiny solar system. Billions of such solar systems exist in the Milky Way alone, then there are billions of galaxies like the Milky Way. There is no way that no life exists elsewhere, ABSOLUTELY NO WAY.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Umm, slight issue with their claims that the "organism" is too large to get up that high in the atmosphere. How did the larger salt crystals get there?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Although I believe that panspermia is the major seeder of life in the cosmos, finding it in our own atmosphere does very little for the science, especially due to the fact that we shoot so much stuff up in it and through it.

Come up with one of those buggers in the atmosphere of another planet, and it is a whole other ball game.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
This is the guy that works with Wickramasinghe. It's not true. I guess Wickramasinghe's reputation has gotten so bad that they're using Wainwright's name now...

This guy is not credible and he's kind of a joke due to his many pronouncements of shoddy research he thinks constitutes proof of alien life but when closely examined usually involves contamination, poor experiments probe to false positives, etc

He is the Giorgio Tsoukalas of Astrobiology everything is alien to him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join