It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron I want to slap you silly for what you have said.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Prime Minister David Cameron has been heard saying "We just thought people in Yorkshire hated everyone else, we didn't realise they hated each other so much."

Well I live in Yorkshire (come from Manchester) and you are wrong you soft southern upper class twit, maybe If you actually visited up north more often you would know Northerners are much more friendly than the south, I know I lived and worked in the Hole which is London where no one can look each other in the eye on the tube and god forbid If you attempt to talk to people on the tube....
Just shows what he thinks about the biggest county in the UK.
I know one thing Yorkshire folk don't forget and you have just lost every Conservative seat in Yorkshire.
Give me two mins alone with him and I would make him cry.
edit on 11-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Pretty sure old David doesn't have very many fans left these days.

I'm not that up on UK politics but all the brits I know do not have any love for him. And based on what you just posted, I've lost even more respect for him.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

all politicians are out of touch with the people they represent. it doesn't matter what nation you reside or religious affiliation of the politician, and it doesn't matter what political party they are members of.

the only thing politicians know is who is giving them the most money to buy their loyalty.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oooh ho #....

The gaffball strikes again...! He just can't help himself can he... When he thinks no ones listening, it rolls off his tongue like second nature... Imagine what we would learn about him if a microphone followed him 24/7...
edit on 11-9-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If only Jim'll Fix It was still a thing .... Oh wait , perhaps not.

I would like very much to join you in the slap-a-thon with everyone's fave Tory but if that's not possible could I at least watch ... Please.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Im Yorkshire born and bred. We are very proud of our heritage.

We are currently having SERIOUS discussions regarding devolution. There is a large debate on the matter this month. Thanks Cameron, you have just furthered our cause.

First devolution, next Independence.

Here is a list of TOP priorities in an independent Yorkshire.. (funny)

www.buzzfeed.com...

edit on 11-9-2015 by brancolinoxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: brancolinoxx

I was once a member of the YLF - Yorkshire Liberation Front - despite the name it was a peaceful organisation.

Nowadays I don't give a crock where I'm from or who says what about it - that's all publicised for distractions and to create discourse/clicks.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

We have had the fastest growing Economy in the EU again this year. Most of the money ends up in London. We have the fastest growing cities in the UK, all local investments. Hardly any investment from London, as usual.

We would have come almost in the top 10 at the london Olympics.

Cameron is a douche bag.

Its good to appreciate your heritage and stand up for it whenever possible. Its part of who we are.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: brancolinoxx

I respect what our ancestors have done.

I enjoy historical Britain.

I am not 'proud' to be from anywhere. I had no choice where I was born.

Patriotism in all forms is the ultimate tool of control over the masses. Blind emotion for no reason.

I agree with BoyMonkey though - DC is a scumbag.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Well said.i come from doncaster and it's amazing to see the difference between north and south.i went to London for the day the other week and they just seem to be so ignorant.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

How about a ping pong paddle with skateboard grip tape wrapped around it?

That would help... Right?

Good grief. I mean, he is pretty aggravating when his mouth is SHUT, but he keeps flapping his gums as well! Awful, toxic, waxen faced moron he is!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yorkshire is definitely a tribal area I lived in ear shot of headingley So I remember hearing the chants of YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE at every Leeds rhinos game and I remember most people hated Manchester United more than was healthy. I got in trouble a few times up there for being a stoodent. Very proud people and easily offended, Cameron should know better.Yorkshire people say what they like and like what they bloody well say

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I hate Cameron as much as the next sane Englishman, but can you see the Irony of this thread?

"I hate David for claiming that us Yorkshire men hate" and "I want to slap Cameron for claiming I hate!".

But seriously, all politicians are plebs and plums, but so are most of us to be honest.

We sit at our keyboards moaning about society and criticizing our fellow man, when we are a massive part of the problem, we can't even get a good candidate into power with our supposed democracy - although it's all rigged, we haven't even tried - so that just shows we are too lazy, apathetic and greedy to even truly care.

So lets stop pretending we are innocent shall we.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Hey now, not all us southerners are like Cameron. I don't like him any more than you, but your post does sort of prove his point.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
He's such a nob, I'd love to join you in that 2 minutes with him

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
In his defense he was playing on the old stereotype joke about people from Yorkshire. It's common knowledge ( or stereotypical) that people from Yorkshire "don't take kindly to outsiders". They have tight knit communities and are very friendly to "their own" hence the joke. All locations have stereotypes. If you are unaware of this then no wonder you find this joke offensive. Like being offended at the English, Scottish and Irish man jokes if you are irish.

Cameron is a twat, but on this particular occasion it was funny. You go to Yorkshire and tell them you are from London watch the dirty looks you get. Same as all these communities.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

BINGO. Nothing quite like a response that validates the very thing the OP opposes.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've heard him a couple of times now, just sounded like he was taking the piss same as a Yorkshire man might pisstakingly call me a sheep shagger because I was born in Wales.
Banter is all, are politicians not allowed to joke amongst their staff these days?
Lame offence being taken is all I see.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yorkshire men pride themselves on speaking their mind, but when some "southern fairy" speaks their mind it's wrong.

To address the London haters, we are no ignorant.
We live fast paced lives with stresses like most people, so the last thing we want to do on the tube is to discuss your day or problems, we have our own. Yes we don't talk to strangers, cos there are some horrible people in London and we are taught ( like everyone else at a young age) not to talk to strangers. Everyone is taught that. It's just we have less time.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I've heard him a couple of times now, just sounded like he was taking the piss same as a Yorkshire man might pisstakingly call me a sheep shagger because I was born in Wales.
Banter is all, are politicians not allowed to joke amongst their staff these days?
Lame offence being taken is all I see.

The difference is he's taking the piss out of people he is supposed to represent... He thinks he's still CEO of Carlton Television... Watching and controlling society from behind the scenes, making snide comments and forming bigoted opinions he's too out of touch to realize are no longer fashionable except amongst his other out of touch Tory chums...

top topics

join