It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky: Oath Keepers Say They Will Protect Kim Davis From The Law

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

The judge will probably wait a bit, he had no choice but to hold her in contempt before and most people misunderstand what happened and think she was jailed for being a Christian. That's not the message they want to send. As long as the office marries anybody and the marriages are legal I don't think there's any desire by the judge to push things further than that. If that much happens I think they'll be content to make it the state legislatures problem in January.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneWanderer1307

I was thinking more of Christianity when it took a hold of countries and became an all powerful entity with the rights to persecute and kill.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
I'm confused...So reasonable accommodations is really just forcing others to do Her job? So what exactly is She doing now?

Marriage licenses are only a small part of her job.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Marriage is for gays and women.

I'm amazed any man would waste 5 seconds on this crap.

You've all been tricked into arguing over something as asinine and boring as marriage.

My head hurts. The stupid from this thread is just overwhelming.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy
Marriage is for gays and women.

I'm amazed any man would waste 5 seconds on this crap.

You've all been tricked into arguing over something as asinine and boring as marriage.

My head hurts. The stupid from this thread is just overwhelming.

Wrong thread.

This is a discussion of legal rights.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sorry all, just starting to catch up:

It appears that today was a calm day. Kim Davis returned to work and did not interfere with Brian Mason, one of her Clerks, issuing marriage licenses. The office is putting the words "pursuant to federal court order" on them however, which is probably an attempt to lay the groundwork for more legal shenanigans.

From what I can tell, at this point, the protesters, on both sides, are likely to be the ones to push the story further should it not fizzle out on it's own.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
We can hope it does de-esclate without violence.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Right now I think that there will be a show down, first in the courts, and then it is going to the state legislature. And when it back fires on her, then she is going to do what she can to try to muck things up. All along crying victim and ultimately this is going to end up badly for her as it is a can of worms that she, in the long run, is going to regret for a long time. And in the upcoming year, the people are not going to want to give out money to her for too long.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Sorry all, just starting to catch up:

It appears that today was a calm day. Kim Davis returned to work and did not interfere with Brian Mason, one of her Clerks, issuing marriage licenses. The office is putting the words "pursuant to federal court order" on them however, which is probably an attempt to lay the groundwork for more legal shenanigans.

From what I can tell, at this point, the protesters, on both sides, are likely to be the ones to push the story further should it not fizzle out on it's own.

She's very clear that any marriage liscences coming out of her office do not have her approval or her signature, and given her position she's not even sure they're actually valid. Yea, she's still causing problems. They need to do something about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It's still pretty amazing to me that gay marriage is legal. I thought it would continue to be argued about forever with no real resolution. The way this was decisively concluded doesn't happen often. Kind of refreshing. Supreme Court is sticking to their guns on it, as they always do.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Right now I think that there will be a show down, first in the courts, and then it is going to the state legislature. And when it back fires on her, then she is going to do what she can to try to muck things up.

She again lost in the courts...

Appeals Court Deals A Blow To Kim Davis' Lawyers For Not Following The Rules
A federal appeals court on Thursday turned away a request filed by lawyers for Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis, and chastised Davis' attorneys for not adhering to the rules of the court.

www.huffingtonpost.com.au...

and yet another loss...

24.2K 342 3 Comment 4.0K Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Suffers Yet Another Loss In Federal Court The ruling is only procedural, but it adds to a string of losses for Davis at all levels of the federal judiciary.

www.huffingtonpost.com.au... tion=australia&adsSiteOverride=au

edit on 17-9-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Chalk up another one for the perfectly executed controlled opposition plan.

Set up enough precedents and never worry again !!

and the Oath Keepers didn't even have to get involved !!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
She is going to fight this to the bitter end. It will result either in her being removed by the state legislature, impeached, or other violations of the law. She will, of course, appeal this and lose alot more court cases. All the while she is working on trying to continue to impede and work on getting her way.

Right now she is laying low, hoping this will blow over, and that the controversy will leave her somewhat unscathed, but the damage is already done. Some are already calling for the clerk's offices to be handled at the state level, thus having the laws rewritten. And all the while, her lawyers are going to continue to cause problems non stop in the courts, and use her like a pawn and a political pawn ontop of that.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well, not being the top story in the world for a few days was obviously not working for Kim Davis' ego... Sigh

U.S. District Judge David Bunning released Davis from jail on the condition that she not interfere with her employees as they issue marriage licenses. When she returned to work, Davis altered the marriage forms by removing her name, making deputy clerk Brian Mason initial the form instead of sign it, and then requiring the form to be notarized.

"A notary has nothing to do with it," Mason's attorney, Richard Hughes, told The Associated Press on Friday after filing a status report with the judge. Hughes said it was "really bizarre" that Davis would alter the forms.

"Unless she's got a really good reason, and I'll certainly be patient and wait to hear it, the only inference I personally can draw from it is she is trying to circumvent the court's order," he said.

Bunning appointed attorneys for each of Davis' deputy clerks and asked them to file status reports every two weeks. The reports are not due until Tuesday, but Hughes filed his on Friday saying Davis' "changes were made in some attempt to circumvent the court's orders and may have raised to the level of interference against the court's orders."

"We'll see what Judge Bunning is going to do with it," Hughes said.

Source

This is like watching a two year old trying to "find" their "boundaries".

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

She doesn't want her name on the form. Ok. I don't think its bizarre for her to do this, I think it is perfectly in character with what we've already seen. She doesn't want to have anything of hers on the certificate, neither her name or signature.

The question is whether or not she is qualified, herself, to alter the certificate forms, or if in doing so it invalidates them.

I think she would very much like to circumvent the judge's orders, and get away with it. Personally, If it remains a legal certificate with only initials and her name removed, I don't care. Let her do that - ignoring the behavior (just like with some things a two year old would do) will make it go away faster...

- AB
edit on 18-9-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30   >>

join