It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky: Oath Keepers Say They Will Protect Kim Davis From The Law

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I'm sorry but I don't see any difference between christian who would whine about society not allowing them to burn the witches...

Frankly, there is nothing wrong with witch-burning. They are made of wood, weigh less than a duck and they float.

I saw burn'em all.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Basically, the Left is full of balogna when it comes to complaining about Christianity and separation of church and state matters, but are busy pushing Sharia Law in our courts and government functions. It's very hypocritical to say the least. It's why I like to point out these things.

Wut? !!

That's crazy thinking. It's asinine.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Another paragraph from the Oath Keepers response....

This is a free country, and of course you are free to still go there on Monday and peaceably assemble to express your support for her due process rights and your opposition to arbitrary arrest if you want to, but Oath Keepers will not be conducting a security detail, and she apparently does not want anyone else to do so. Therefore, we encourage you to save your gas money and time off work for another security detail, at another time (such as for our planned upcoming operation to guard Texas border ranches against drug cartel violence and invasion).

So apparently we could see some demonstrations by Oath Keepers members acting "on their own".

And then we have a response from local "authorities" ....

originally posted by: Hefficide

Update to thread:

Rowan County Judge Executive Walter Blevins confirmed the Oath Keepers are already in Morehead.

"I think my sheriff is ready to handle the situation, but in a civilized and mannerly way," Blevins said.

Late Friday, the group posted on its website that Davis' lawyers declined its offer to protect her from the Marshals, and called on its "security volunteers" to stand down.

Since Bunning first ordered Davis to issue the marriage licenses, the clerk and her attorneys have made several attempts to legally get around it. One of their strategies was to ask Bunning to stop Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear and Library and Archives Commissioner Wayne Onkst from directing Davis to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Bunning denied that request on Friday.

Source

I'm not sure how the "Locals" in Rowan County will handle this.

Does Rowan County have any military police equipment (like St Louis County used in Ferguson) ?

Oath Keeper participation in past (and maybe some ongoing) issues have not caused any of their members to be arrested for shooting anybody that I know of.

But they sure do scare the MSM.

What I see in the whole Kim Davis affair is a lot of conflicts between several government authorities on different levels.

But I also see the laws actually working.

edit on Sep-12-2015 by xuenchen because: [high seahorses 99.9%]

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Liberals don’t support sharia law

It’s that they usually have tolerance for minority rights

The hysteria panic over Sharia Law is just plain stupid.

We've always had religious sects in this country with their own laws.

They only apply to those of that belief.

Get over it.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
www.christianpost.com...
The PTB/politically correct bend over backwards to placate certain religious factions all the way down to not serving foods that might be offensive . Davis does not want her name on a marriage license that is issued to same sex partners.

Although many people believe that Davis' demand for her office to refrain from issuing all marriage licenses is because she doesn't want to issue gay marriage certificates at all, Davis only has issue with with having her name and title as authorization on same-sex marriage certificates and does not oppose issuing same-sex marriage certificates that don't include her name on them.

Mat Staver, who heads the Liberty Counsel law firm that represents Davis, recently told CNN that if the state allowed for the clerk's office to issue marriage licenses that did not include her name anywhere on them, Davis' issue would be settled.

"She has asked for one simple accommodation for her faith, not just for her but all the other clerks in Kentucky that are similarly situated, that is, remove her name and title from the marriage certificates," Staver said. "That is all she is asking for. She will issue the certificates but she doesn't want her name and title on it, because that, her understanding and mine, is authorizing something that is contrary to her Christian values and convictions, authorizing it contrary to God's design for marriage."

Oath keepers is about the constitution and the judge broke the law he is supposedly tasked to know an uphold: oathkeepers.org...
STATEMENT BY STEWART RHODES:

STATEMENT BY STEWART RHODES:

We believe Federal District Court Judge David Bunning grossly overstepped his bounds and violated Mrs Davis’ due process rights, and in particular her right to a jury trial. This judge has assumed unto himself not just the powers of all three branches of government, but has also taken on the powers of judge, jury, and “executioner.” What matters to us is not whether you agree with her position on gay marriage or her decision to not issue marriage licenses. What matters is that the judge is violating the Constitution in his anger and desire to punish her for going against his will. We are already being subjected to an unconstitutional imperial presidency, that grew exponentially under both Bush and Obama, expanding the claimed war powers of the president to swallow up our Bill of Rights and circumvent jury trial. The result is an executive branch that claims the absurd power to declare any American an “unlawful combatant” on the say-so of the president alone.

Now we see the rise of an imperial judiciary that not only legislates from the bench but is attempting to expand their “contempt” power to likewise swallow up our Bill of Rights and circumvent jury trial. Both methods are used to allow the powerful office holder to merely point his finger and have his opponent thrown behind bars without a grand jury indictment and without being found guilty by a jury of their peers. No innocent until proven guilty before a jury. Just “guilty” because the leader says so. That is a dictatorship, whether done by a president or by a judge. No one man should have that kind of power in his hands alone to decide guilt and impose a sentence of indefinite detention. Under our Constitution, that dictatorial power does not exist. We must stand against this. And so we will protect her and prevent it from happening again. – Stewart Rhodes

Update: Here is a link to her legal counsel’s motion to stay the judge’s order, which notes the due process problems with what the judge did: www.liberty.edu...

Two sides to every story Hef

This pretty much sums up the whole deal. The OathKeepers are about the constitution, not some religious nutjob militia. The judge is the one who ignored the constitution, and the OK's called it out. I have been a long time lurker here for many many years and it amazes me how in the last few years, people just reply to posts without even getting or understanding the facts and the constitution. THIS is one reason why the country is the way it is. Take police shootings for instance, protests and riots which in most cases were based on lies and ignorance.

edit on 12-9-2015 by Cyborg11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Cyborg11

The charge of Contempt of Court has been around far longer than Kim Davis or the Oath Keepers.

The assertion that she was not afforded her legal rights, when her case was considered by the court system all the way to the SCOTUS is spurious at best and absolutely fallacious or blatantly dishonest at worst.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

She will do a big favor to all parties involved in her pursue of been "born again Christian" after been an adulterer (as per bible believers of her behavior prior), she needs to step down, plain and simple, she is looking for what she is a hypocrite when it comes to her now behavior and believes.

Anyway, if you can no perform the duties for which you where appointed in office, then you can not longer perform you job.
time to go.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

BTW I will star your post because you took the time to post a very nice assessment.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I got the feeling that the Oath keepers are a seen a respond to their pursue of Davis right, with a big negativity to their cause.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I was wondering that, too!!

If she's so "piously" newly-born-again, doesn't that mean she's not supposed to issue licenses to previously divorced people???

Personally, I think she's in the grips of some sort of hysterical depression stemming from her mother-in-law's death.....

anyone who behaves in this manner and is NOT a paid shill (hired by Huckabee) is clearly unbalanced.
My Opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I tell you what, that is what anti depressants are for, she may need to get on some for the time being, after all anybody that goes through out 4 marriages and 3 divorces have to be suffering from some breakdown and mental instability.

And no I have nothing against divorces or multiple marriages, after all My grandmother marry 3 times, 1 divorce and 2 times a widow and she is doing just fine at 84.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I tell you what, that is what anti depressants are for, she may need to get on some for the time being, after all anybody that goes through out 4 marriages and 3 divorces have to be suffering from some breakdown and mental instability.

Those life traumas can absolutely lead up to a breakdown of judgment/restraint.

What she needs is therapy (along with some antidepressants to get her mood at least stabilized so she can do the work of therapy).

edit on 9/12/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I agree, maybe some of the money that has been collected during this time by her supporters should help with that.

I am sure that she can get the best care money can buy.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

She will do a big favor to all parties involved in her pursue of been "born again Christian" after been an adulterer (as per bible believers of her behavior prior), she needs to step down, plain and simple, she is looking for what she is a hypocrite when it comes to her now behavior and believes.

Anyway, if you can no perform the duties for which you where appointed in office, then you can not longer perform you job.
time to go.

But when the duties you signed up for are suddenly changed?
edit on 12-9-2015 by Cyborg11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

And no I have nothing against divorces or multiple marriages, after all My grandmother marry 3 times, 1 divorce and 2 times a widow and she is doing just fine at 84.

Maybe she has a medical problem to begin with?

That might answer a lot of questions.

Medications affect people in different ways.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The duty of the county clerk is to certify that the information provided is accurate and that the couple is qualified to marry under Kentucky law.

Davis’ job in no way requires her to “condone or endorse same-sex marriage” in any way.

So exactly how have her duties changed?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

She had time to make her mind before becoming obtuse, still the Gov. right away made a statement to the people in the state that his clerks were going to abide by the Supreme court ruling in issuing the licenses, he also added that it was going to be a "few clerks" that will be against it, but that the majority will comply, those that would be opting against the ruling were going to be charge with a minor offense.

I posted the whole statement and link already in the thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

But when the duties you signed up for are suddenly changed?

Then you assess your personal moral compass reading and either LEAVE, or accept the new duty.

In her case, the law that was on the books in Kentucky has been overturned by the Supreme Court. Are you aware that Kim's mother was the County Clerk for 36 years before Kim got 'elected' 27 years ago? And that Kim's son is now a Deputy County Clerk?

Let's do some math. 36+27=59 years. What was happening in Kentucky 59 years ago?
When her mommy first got into office?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe becoming a born again Christian she completely erased her prior 3 divorces and started with a clean slate, that was enough for her on her mind to play self-righteousness.

That also falls on delusional behavior as you can forgive yourself but you can never forget.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

We humans tend to have short term memories, sometimes we forget that it was another time, another life and discrimination was not against the lords laws. At least that is what some used to believe and used the bible to tell us so, and a few still believe, the law had to be highlighted to bring them into the light.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join