It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian scientist predicts massive tsunamis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am not sure how credible this is, so I am not posting it as a news story. How likely is for massive tsunamis hitting South America? Are there any active volcanos there?

A Russian scientist has warned that a deadly tsunami like the one that devastated south-east Asia over the weekend could strike in places like Ecuador, Peru, and Columbia.

Yevgeny Dolginov, a professor of geological studies at the Russian University for Peoples� Friendship, estimated the risk to areas around the world using a theory based on tectonic plate movements, the Interfax news agency reported.

�I feel it is necessary to warn the embassies of countries located around the equator about the possibilities of massive earthquakes in the near future,� Dolginov was quoted as saying.

�According to my theory, there are lineaments that present a danger in terms of seismic activity.�

Among other possible danger zones, he named Equatorial New Guinea, Cameroon, Nigeria and Gabon.

Source: www.mosnews.com...

[edit on 31-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I believe this guy is thinking along the same lines as something I said here (a while ago by the way)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The question is, is the quake in the Indian ocean a cause or effect.. no one knows...

join