Russian scientist predicts massive tsunamis

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am not sure how credible this is, so I am not posting it as a news story. How likely is for massive tsunamis hitting South America? Are there any active volcanos there?

A Russian scientist has warned that a deadly tsunami like the one that devastated south-east Asia over the weekend could strike in places like Ecuador, Peru, and Columbia.

Yevgeny Dolginov, a professor of geological studies at the Russian University for Peoples’ Friendship, estimated the risk to areas around the world using a theory based on tectonic plate movements, the Interfax news agency reported.

“I feel it is necessary to warn the embassies of countries located around the equator about the possibilities of massive earthquakes in the near future,” Dolginov was quoted as saying.

“According to my theory, there are lineaments that present a danger in terms of seismic activity.”

Among other possible danger zones, he named Equatorial New Guinea, Cameroon, Nigeria and Gabon.

Source: www.mosnews.com...

[edit on 31-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I believe this guy is thinking along the same lines as something I said here (a while ago by the way)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The question is, is the quake in the Indian ocean a cause or effect.. no one knows...

new topics

join

ATS Live Reality Remix is on-air in 10 minutes.
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def