It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Surprising Facts About Kim Davis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

but wouldn't the gov't deciding if your belief was valid based on weather or not you might be a hypocrit also invalidate the separation of church and state? how can a gov't stay out of your beliefs if they are put into a position of having to determine if they are valid or not? they can't, therefore, weather or not she is a hypocrite is rather irrelevant.
but then when I come up and say I believe such and such, regardless of what such and such is, weather it is followed by a mainstream religion or not, they don't have any business diving into that belief and determining the validity of that.
it's none of their business.
what is their business is weather or not my belief can be reasonably accommodated without an undue burden being placed on others. and the clerks case isn't the first time a accommodation couldn't be agreed upon and well in the private sector, the people lost their jobs.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I wasn't addressing what the government should or shouldn't do in my post. I was just addressing the fact that she IS a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

LOL Got EMmm

but for real I haven't seen cherry picking like this since my last pick up game of basketball

I agree with you the chick should just do her job or someone else should do it for her, but please don't stoop to this level to prove your point. You've cheapened it.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

These facts are not surprising at all. In fact, they're listed in several threads. So, nepotism is in full swing, she's a "Southern Democrat", who are more right leaning that most Republicans around the country, she has a history of less-than-righteous activities, she's a Christian and there's no such thing as a "Gay Marriage License".

Yes. people are wrongly judging her. She's wrongly judging people, too. So, she's just as nasty as those who judge her.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Yep. She's made an ass of herself, I think, a public spectacle for refusing to obey the law. But a character assassination is a bit much. She is a human being after all. And really not that interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes, we have all read the story. I still stand by my opinion that she's a bigot. Just as the christians stand behind her without giving any thought to the group of people they are oppressing. They pick out specific scriptures to follow, while blatantly disregarding other aspects of the same book. Just a bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
The nepotism runs strong in that family.

Nailed that one

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
if her new found religion is preventing her from fulfilling her duties as a public servant than she should quit.
it`s like a judge who says he can`t hold trials or render verdicts because his religion tells him "thou shalt not judge", oh but he wants to keep his job and continue getting paid,for doing nothing.
edit on 11-9-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

#6 She's an idiot!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
Again, with this "doing nothing" as though issuing marriage license is what she does all day, every day. Do you have any idea of the scope of her duties.

The duties of the county clerk fall into the general categories of clerical duties of the fiscal court: issuing and registering, recording and keeping various legal records, registering and purging voter rolls, conducting election duties, and conducting tax duties.

www.lrc.ky.gov...

And yet her office was still operating despite the circus the media has made of this issue. She appears to have a staff that is well-trained to carry on with business despite the feeding frenzy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join